Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

British and Irish Lions

That is why roll o'ver should have never been on the field, Jones, Hook but O'gara should have been watching it on TV. Missed a tackle leading to the try, and then gives the series away.

Schalk Burger deserved to get a red card for the idiotic eye gouge, lots of niggle in the game, but that is out of order. Brussow should have started, Burger is not the player he was, since the incident with his sister he seems to have lost something upstairs.

Bread of heaven... :) :cool:

:cool:

That was just an amazing game, if we have a decent bench we would of held on to our lead today. James Hook should had definitely been on the bench, I'm not having a dig at O'Gara, but he can't play centre, Hook can.

Kearney, Shaw and S Jones were excellent. The Lions dominated the kicking game first half thanks to our, 'deputy' no. 15, Shaw was everywhere and S Jones kicked well. 4th best fly half in the world him. ;)

That is why roll o'ver should have never been on the field, Jones, Hook but O'gara should have been watching it on TV. Missed a tackle leading to the try, and then gives the series away.

^^^
This. The twat cost us the series. Two unforgivable missed tackles leading up to the try, and then that at the death. I sincerely hope the O'Gara debate on this board has now been laid well and truly to rest, and believe me when I say that I take no pleasure in being right.

On another note. Anyone want to slag off Wellies on the basis of his performance today? The man was immense. A fantastically unselfish 10's performance. He led the line, kicked well out of hand and from the spot, took his breaks when he needed to. Outshone the two Bok 10s by quite some margin today.

Kearney. What else to say: an immense performance. Ditto BOD and Roberts. Ditto Gethin and Adam. The game turned when those four went off. Honourable mention also to Matthew Rees. One lineout stolen, one not straight, but the rest were spot on, and didn't Botha get hot under the collar as a result

Schalk Burger deserved to get a red card for the idiotic eye gouge, lots of niggle in the game, but that is out of order.

Absolutely. The TJ and the ref were utterly, utterly craven. An abdication of responsibility. TJ saw it right in front of him and ducked the decision by saying "A yellow at the very least". Too scared to say red. The ref then used the window of opportunity given by the TJ to duck the decision for himself by doing just that - awarding a yellow. Cowardice of the first stripe. Game should have been over at that point.

That was just an amazing game, if we have a decent bench we would of held on to our lead today. James Hook should had definitely been on the bench, I'm not having a dig at O'Gara, but he can't play centre, Hook can.

He wasn't playing centre. Wellies was. Onan was playing in his favoured position at 10, where he was a liability and a speedbump, just like he was always going to be.

Kearney, Shaw and S Jones were excellent. The Lions dominated the kicking game first half thanks to our, 'deputy' no. 15, Shaw was everywhere and S Jones kicked well. 4th best fly half in the world him. ;)

Forgot to mention Shaw. Respect to the guy - he was excellent.

He wasn't playing centre. Wellies was. Onan was playing in his favoured position at 10, where he was a liability and a speedbump, just like he was always going to be.

Overlooked that, point is still valid though, lack of appropriate cover on the bench cost us today, injuries happen, we weren't prepared to deal with them.

Burger is a disgrace. And agree with all that, Bendeus. First two scrums were magnificent. It's hard to hold on against the Boks, at Loftus Verstfeld, with 1,3,12 and 13 off injured. Still gutted though. And as for O'Gara, don't even want to think about it. If Hook had been on the bench we might well have won the game.

Opportunity missed there.

Total tactical fuck up after half time when they stopped playing rugby and tried to defend the lead with a sub-standard kicking game.

Don't know who's to blame captain or coaches but that game should have been won regardless of the injuries.

Opportunity missed there.

Total tactical fuck up after half time when they stopped playing rugby and tried to defend the lead with a sub-standard kicking game.

I think that was because south africa just got on top of us in the 2nd half, i don't think we could've stopped it happening.

The reason they got on top of us was we insisted on booting the ball to them at every opportunity, we let them back into the game by conceding possession needlessly too often.

The other great moment was Brussow's tackle on Williams was an absolute beaut, my tackle of the game :). Although O'driscoll on Roussow deserves an honourable mention.

Back
Top Bottom