Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

British and Irish Lions 2017

You'd have tremendous fun over here bendeus, some of the comment is utterly mad :D
I would worry that I'd end up getting knocked out.

Did you ever see the footage of the Saffa in the WC before last who, having lost a bet with his mates, had to pay penance by walking around the streets of Auckland just before the AB match with a sandwich board that stated "Richie McCaw is a cheat". The cameras followed him around and it got very ugly very quickly. I genuinely feared for his safety:D

Sorry, he was an Aussie dressed as a saffer and it was in Christchurch. Anyway....

Jesus, pulling that in post-quake Christchurch - he's lucky to be alive :eek:

If he did it in Auckland he'd get less crap, but it'd still be horrendous.

Magnificently cyclopean. This constant whining about the winning pen is also funny. The narrative is that he jumped into the tackle. No, he didn't: he jumped to catch a poor pass. You can't tackle a player who is jumping to catch a ball, therefore the pen was good.

Whilst I don't disagree with anything you've said its a bit of a tricky situation though isn't it? If the tackler (can't remember who it was) had gone high and wrapped his arms around Sinckler he'd have probably got away with it. Thing is with all the stuff about contact with the head tacklers are increasingly looking to go low, he was clearly already committed to the tackle.

It seems to be a bit of a gap in the laws and one a wiley coach may seek to exploit and win a penalty. Obviously in this situation it was not a deliberate ploy but it could be in the future.

Whilst I don't disagree with anything you've said its a bit of a tricky situation though isn't it? If the tackler (can't remember who it was) had gone high and wrapped his arms around Sinckler he'd have probably got away with it. Thing is with all the stuff about contact with the head tacklers are increasingly looking to go low, he was clearly already committed to the tackle.

It seems to be a bit of a gap in the laws and one a wiley coach may seek to exploit and win a penalty. Obviously in this situation it was not a deliberate ploy but it could be in the future.
Agree absolutely. But by the letter of the law it was a pen. A more minor version of Warburton's red in the w/c. He didn't mean to tip Clerc - there was no intent and no malice, just momentum and the laws of physics. However, refs at the time were instructed to go in hard on tips, so he walked. At the moment world rugby is instructing refs to take a dim view of contact in the air. Garces did as instructed within the interpretation of the law that's currently in vogue.

Been forecasting rain at 7pm tomorrow all week, but a big hufty storm last night has pushed it all out. Might be relatively dry, but then again it's Auckland - it always rains at some point.

Got a decent stream on my telly last week via my PS4 hoping for the same again. Either that or its her wee tablet again.
Mon the Lions.

And yes im Scottish & still supporting the Lions. Any Scot who isnt isnt a true rugby person & can fuck off.

In a couple of hours I'll be happy with the draw..but now...

Poite shat out there. ABs have every right to feel aggrieved. Not that I'm complaining, mind. Draw feels flat but it's a phenomenal result given the opposition.

Haven't commented all tour, but after failing to crush a 14 man NZ last week - and in fact nearly losing it - I was expecting the Lions to be totally buttfucked today.

NZ were really off today though. They threw away two easy try opportunities - if they hadn't then I genuinely think we would have lost big.

So yeah, I'll take the draw

Warbs should have pulled the team together when we had the chance to level with that penalty and ask the team if they wanted to go for draw or go all out for the win! Would have been interesting!

Think they should stay an extra week and play a decider!

Back
Top Bottom