Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General British Results & Nattering Innit

Asher-Smith tearing up as she announced she wasn't going to run in the 200m.

Fair play to her though, almost treating the tears as another physical reaction just to push through. Utterly heartbreaking, and you can tell she's got such a determination and belief about her, but, fingers crossed, she'll be 28 come Paris 2024, so...

For the time being, c'mon Neita in the 100m!

Oh no, Johnson-Thompson injures herself in the 200m :facepalm: :(

She's up and finishing the race, which aside from anything else at least keeps the option of continuing open, very unlikely though it seems.

I really love the heptathlon, always one of the highlights of athletics, and obviously we've had a lot of success in recent years with Lewis and Ennis-Hill (always feel sorry for Sotherton, who sort of gets forgotten!). KJT just never quite seemed to have the luck. Plus, of course, Thiem is just super impressive generally.

Omnium Gold has taken GB above 'Not Russia' in the medal table.

Only one Gold from overtaking Australia.

There must be something wrong with me.

When the news says things like, another two gold medals for team GB and we are now in position 5 on the medals table.

Do I give a fuck? no not really and actually I would probably prefer they focussed on the good stories of prowess across all countries. A little like they did with Simone Biles, she is a notable Olympian and her story in this games was interesting. I bet there are loads of such stories we could hear rather than that we are 5th on the medals table!

Last edited:
Just watching the Beijing 400m and Christine Ouruogu gold in Beijing, fully shouting at the telly willing her on :D Tbf, it is one of those moments you need to watch again to believe she finished so strongly vs the field.

Bloody love the Olympics, right in me stride now :cool:

Just watching the Beijing 400m and Christine Ouruogu gold in Beijing, fully shouting at the telly willing her on :D Tbf, it is one of those moments you need to watch again to believe she finished so strongly vs the field.

Bloody love the Olympics, right in me stride now :cool:
Was telling my lad she used to slow up less than everyone else, she ran 4x100 at one pace basically

10M diving final now, Tom Daley made a small amount of splashing, although slightly more than a couple of the others.

So Daley wins bronze, Galal Yafai wins Gold.

Guess which one is the lead story and picture on both the BBC and Guardian websites?

Outrageous.

I believe that many news websites these days present 2 different headlines for the same story, the one with the most clicks gets used permanently.

No, what was it. You are way behind with your attempt at being clever.
What difference does it make anyway? Tom Daley is very famous, far more than his sport is.

One won gold, the other won bronze. Boxing is way more supported in the UK than diving.

Might have been different if Yafal was beating a horse rather than a boxer I guess.

No, what was it. You are way behind with your attempt at being clever.

One won gold, the other won bronze. Boxing is way more supported in the UK than diving.

Might have been different if Yafal was beating a horse rather than a boxer I guess.
Yafai's medal happened three hours earlier, so they put the breaking news above that. Now it's back to being Yafai above Daly, because he won the gold. There is literally no problem here.

Also, boxing is dumb, lol.

Back
Top Bottom