Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

British and Irish Lions 2017

Like in Dublin last November there will be a tonne of dirty stuff next week. Tadhg Furlong 4 games against the ABs 2 wins. Not bad.
Bloody hell. Nobody in the last 70 years could claim a 50% win record against them :cool:

I think MV was hard done by. The late tackle call was marginal considering the ref had just turned down a more blatant one by Weetabix. And the yellow card for clearing out would not have been given against Team Adidas as it's their stock in trade!

There was no malice in it. Unlike SBW-that was wrong on every level. I hope he gets a hefty fine and time away from the game for that. Disgrace.

On the FB AB group Im staggered the amount of AB fans justifying the SBW tackle. Disgraceful really. I dont pretend to know everything about the sport-but that was clearly dirty play-he even dipped his shoulder heading in to the collision.

On the FB AB group Im staggered the amount of AB fans justifying the SBW tackle. Disgraceful really. I dont pretend to know everything about the sport-but that was clearly dirty play-he even dipped his shoulder heading in to the collision.
Yup. Inexcusable. It's fairly common for home fans to adopt some kind of collective myopia when it comes to their own's transgressions - we all do it - but that was as clear cut as it could be.

Yup. Inexcusable. It's fairly common for home fans to adopt some kind of collective myopia when it comes to their own's transgressions - we all do it - but that was as clear cut as it could be.

There's myopia and blindness. I did see some of that with Warbies tip tackle RWC semis-but by the letter of the law-it was a tip tackle. If SBW hadnt led with his shoulder then MAYBE they could argue it was poorly timed....but you could see him dip his shoulder-christ you could even see it in his face. Indefensible.

There's myopia and blindness. I did see some of that with Warbies tip tackle RWC semis-but by the letter of the law-it was a tip tackle. If SBW hadnt led with his shoulder then MAYBE they could argue it was poorly timed....but you could see him dip his shoulder-christ you could even see it in his face. Indefensible.
This

Even during a rare defeat, the depleted All Blacks looked a formidable force

Even during a rare defeat, the depleted All Blacks looked a formidable force | Gerard Meagher brutally honest piece this. As exciting as today was the Lions will need something extra fucking special next week. Extra special as in head and shoulders above what they've played thus far. I expect hell to be unleashed next week. And as much as I would like the Lions to win. I simply cannot see it happening

Even during a rare defeat, the depleted All Blacks looked a formidable force

Even during a rare defeat, the depleted All Blacks looked a formidable force | Gerard Meagher brutally honest piece this. As exciting as today was the Lions will need something extra fucking special next week. Extra special as in head and shoulders above what they've played thus far. I expect hell to be unleashed next week. And as much as I would like the Lions to win. I simply cannot see it happening
Yeah. Wounded WABs are a terrifying prospect, especially at Eden Park

Yeah. Wounded WABs are a terrifying prospect, especially at Eden Park

The way they turned it up a notch after SWB sending off was scary. I was so excited after his sending off-it turned out to be a brief respite. This team oozes talent. As a rugby fan they are a pleasure to watch and near impossible to defeat

The way they turned it up a notch after SWB sending off was scary. I was so excited after his sending off-it turned out to be a brief respite. This team oozes talent. As a rugby fan they are a pleasure to watch and near impossible to defeat
And we, on the contrary, went into our shells. Need stronger leadership - it's easy to blame Sam for the headless chicken routine but there were lots of leaders out there on the pitch. None of them seemed to stand up.

Utter fucker's move in three dimensions

Honest Bendeus. Im truly shocked-and Ive seen some brutal tackles. This one couldve ended out a lot worse. I think a ban is in order I really do. He'll plead to it and get a lesser sentence Im sure. This up there with my top 10 of dangerous tackles for sure. Even my lad winced when he saw it. His knowledge of rugby is even less than mine. Hes only 10 FFS-his exact words were 'Dad that doesnt look very nice-why did he do that?'

Honest Bendeus. Im truly shocked-and Ive seen some brutal tackles. This one couldve ended out a lot worse. I think a ban is in order I really do. He'll plead to it and get a lesser sentence Im sure. This up there with my top 10 of dangerous tackles for sure. Even my lad winced when he saw it. His knowledge of rugby is even less than mine. Hes only 10 FFS-his exact words were 'Dad that doesnt look very nice-why did he do that?'
Thing is, this is what they do. ABs are and always have been massively cheating/dirty fuckers. The shock is less about what they did and more, far more about the fact they got busted for it

Well, congratulations to the BBC sports commentator this morning congratulating England on beating the All Blacks.

Looking at replays it looks like there's fuck all in the SOB incident. Just slightly worried that they'll try to even things up with the In Zid press howling injustice

Looking at replays it looks like there's fuck all in the SOB incident. Just slightly worried that they'll try to even things up with the In Zid press howling injustice
He was cleared at 9am this morning.

In other news I think it's fair to say Whitchurch High School set a record yesterday that will never be beaten if sport continues for a million years!

A Lions test winning skipper and a yellow jersey in Le Tour on the same day!

He was cleared at 9am this morning.

In other news I think it's fair to say Whitchurch High School set a record yesterday that will never be beaten if sport continues for a million years!

A Lions test winning skipper and a yellow jersey in Le Tour on the same day!
You could count the Champions League and La Liga title holder in that as well

So the match officials concluded after the match that the irish bloke should have been sent off and yet he's not even been a one week suspension? Very odd.

Hell of a game.

Kiwi's started whinging about the SOB hit straight away, media reporting him being cited hours before any official statement came out - stating he'd been cited for the swinging arm before anything came out - which only made it sweeter when SOB pleads not guilty and walks into the third test team.

Some Kiwi's saying fair enough, loads of them complaining about Mako and SOB and 'the standard of officiating' - same bastards who last week were saying Garces was gold because he'd never reffed an AB's loss :D

My ticket for Saturday is locked up now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom