Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

British and Irish Lions 2017

Wow just wow. I'm shaking like a leaf. Lost my voice. That sbw tackle was disgraceful. He should be banned for that. The Lions were magnificent last 15 minutes but I'm seriously worried about this penalty count.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

reading the NZ press and interestingly in two places I've read Conor Murray described as 'The world's best halfback'

MOTM call? I think I'd go for Murray
1927 wouldnt agree with you. He doesn't have an attacking bone in his body apparently. :D :D

Back row was great too. I thought Gatlands selections were vindicated fair play to him. Wales will probably give him an extension to the 2027 World Cup.

So he's hard done by because he was refereed properly and not given the usual leniency shown to the most cynical team in world rugby?
No, i said he "can" feel hard done by. I didnt say he wasn't.

Efa.

Last edited:
I think MV was hard done by. The late tackle call was marginal considering the ref had just turned down a more blatant one by Weetabix. And the yellow card for clearing out would not have been given against Team Adidas as it's their stock in trade!

i think selection of AWJ was vindicated, but still if the opinion that Tips should be in front of Warbs.

Like in Dublin last November there will be a tonne of dirty stuff next week. Tadhg Furlong 4 games against the ABs 2 wins. Not bad.

the sexton/Farrell axis worked well.

No tries concedeed!

MOTM call? I think I'd go for Murray
I wouldn't. He was absolutely awesome for the last twenty, far less so for the first 60. Kicking wayward, gave away penalties, some dodgy passes and a bit laboured.

Nobody truly stood out for me, but very honourable mentions go to SOB, who just kept trucking, Faletau, who had had an exemplary tour and deserved his try given the massive, often unsung and unnoticed graft he puts in around the pitch, Itoje, who penalties aside was an absolute monster around the field and JD2, who looks like a player transformed with decent distributors inside him.

Thought George was also very solid.

Last edited:
Why hard done by? Anyone else would have been sent off for it!
It was as blatant a red as you could ever witness. Dropped the shoulder, too. Cunt.

E2A: and I totally agree - Garces was excellent today. Total balls of steel to face down the whining wormtongue, Ayoub (who tried to get Mako sent off in addition) and the apologist, Peyper, who were doing everything in their SH union power to keep SWW on the pitch. A huge and totally correct call that many, including Peyper, would have shat out of.

Last edited:
1927 wouldnt agree with you. He doesn't have an attacking bone in his body apparently. :D :D

Back row was great too. I thought Gatlands selections were vindicated fair play to him. Wales will probably give him an extension to the 2027 World Cup.
I was screaming for Webb to come on at about 50. Murray just wasn't asking enough questions of them round the fringes in my opinion. He must have heard me, though, because he entirely justified Gatland's decision to keep him on in the final quarter.

As in whats been done before & not punished.
I've seen plenty of blatant red card offences committed by the ABs over the years, which have either gone entirely unpunished or dealt with after the fact with incredible leniency.

The fact that the WABs have managed 50 fucking years without one is an absolute cosmic joke. The spear on BOD, Andrew Hore's cowardly attack from behind on Bradley Davies at the Millstad to name but two.

Fuck Sonny Wulliam Wulliams. Got what he richly deserved - black cloak of invisibility fails on a half-century basis, it would seem.

Back
Top Bottom