Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC presenter Huw Edwards suspended over paying for sexual pics.

Interesting , however it won't prevent accusations of BBC cover ups/pervert cabals etc etc.

Do wonder what is driving the immense speculation. Not here, but outside of urban. Is it genuine concern or the chance to pounce on the degenerate/woke/media cabal?

Of course there are legitimate concerns over exploitation and sordid power imbalance. But also feels like the all pervasive hysteria currently festering away in right wing circles.

Haven't any answers, obviously, as the full details are not available.

It’s funny, the way we draw boundaries. Mine is probably about 20 - I wouldn’t look to go below, and I’d have no interest in anyone still at school. But I can see that someone in their 30’s or even older could legitimately meet a 17 year old in somewhere like a bar, and a mutual attraction could naturally develop.

A lot of people around would say I - 41 this year - shouldn’t have sex with guys in their 20’s. For as long as a) they appeal to me and b) I can attract them, I’ll continue to. Is it an abuse of power - one party a well off white woman, the other a penniless student? Who knows. Some witch burners might say so.
I think whether you “should” (are doing something wrong or not) depends on whether you respect them and like them or, not really. Also you should probably provide hearty breakfasts.

All the more reason to just ignore it then and not unearth it's bile. It's like the biggest troll in the room, feed it at your peril.

Sorry mate, no beef with you, just that horrible fucking rag and all associated with it. Should be on trial for the lives that rag has destroyed and so should that little horrible cunt that owns it.

Counting the days we can piss on his grave.
and totally agree and Ill be there to piss on it with you but it was a reply to someone else and various other posts mentioning that perhaps because a fake site was produced with fake stuff that forbes tells people was fake they had taken down that other bile may not be true too

Dont pin it all on me please Im quite aware of what the shit rags do to delete stories from memory and get away with 👍

I usually just photoshop cats here these days 😄

and totally agree and Ill be there to piss on it with you but it was a reply to someone else and various other posts mentioning that perhaps because a fake site was produced with fake stuff that forbes tells people was fake they had taken down that other bile may not be true too

Dont pin it all on me please Im quite aware of what the shit rags do to delete stories from memory and get away with 👍

I usually just photoshop cats here these days 😄
Nothing at all pinned on you and I wasn't responding to your post. As for the love of cats though, well we might actually have some beef there :mad:

In America the age of consent is a state thing, looks like a patchwork quilt of the different legal ages. Wonder how that works in practice, legally etc.
you can be legally married and charged with sexual offences for having sex with your wife in a state with a lower age threshold. It happened to someone famous, cant recall who tho.

onlyfans has an age verification system for performers which whilst obviously not infallible suggests this didn't develop on there.

I feel pretty uncomfortable that the voice of the young person concerned has not been heard. Do they really have a drug problem or have their parents just freaked out because they found out they take drugs? Is this an online sex work thing in which case it's not implausible that this young person is capable of fleecing money off creepy old men on the internet whilst maintaining bounderies and their own safety. £35,000 over two or three years isn't actually that much, there are people making ten grand a month on onlyfans just selling pictures of their feet and doing lingerie shots.

There's a wider debate to be had about this but the fact is that there's a lot of 18/19 year olds doing cam work, working in lapdancing venues and all kinds of other forms of non contact sex work and some of them are making a lot of money. That's something I'm sure many News Corp executives are personally well aware of - there's a lot of creepy old fucks out there. But I don't think we should assume that anyone doing this kind of work at that age is a naive drug addled victim based solely on the opinion of their parents who may be doing this as a form of coercive control because they disapprove of their adult child's lifestyle (and it's a big may, we don't know enough and that it allegedly started at 17 is concerning and potentially illegal).

you can be legally married and charged with sexual offences for having sex with your wife in a state with a lower age threshold. It happened to someone famous, cant recall who tho.
Are you thinking of Jerry Lee Lewis? His third wife was only 13 (he was 22) at the time.

What part of "recruitment and use" do you not understand?
They are not used in combat roles until they are 18.

What part of 'no matter their involvement' do you not understand? There is no mention of combat roles in the statement quoted.

Anyway, this isn't the teaching fuckwits to read thread so I'll leave it there.

Libel is if they don’t have proper proof isn’t it.
Indeed. Truth cannot be libel.

As the BBC has announced it has suspended the individual, it is reasonable to assume that the reports are accurate, that and the testimony of the victim's mother.

As the BBC has announced it has suspended the individual, it is reasonable to assume that the reports are accurate, that and the testimony of the victim's mother.
While I don't know the situation clearly - no, it isn't reasonable to assume that. The BBC suspending somebody is not legal proof that they've committed a crime, or done anything.

There's a world of difference between presenter watches model on onlyfans and is pressured to give money, and presenter has sex with 17 year old and showers them with cash. Wise to wait to see what the truth really is.

No, it's reasonable to assume that suspending an employee where there is an allegation of serious wrongdoing that needs to be investigated is standard procedure in most professions.

This is probably why the man’s not been named:

That’s pretty big recent change in case law - the principle now (in cases where it could be that a crimes been committed) is a right to privacy during any investigation until / unless actually charged with an offence.

Back
Top Bottom