Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Atos Medicals - Questions, Answers and Support

Tomorrow will be 4 weeks. They said to me i'll hear between 4-6 weeks so anytime soon I guess. As far as these things can be predicted (personally I favour brian glover's tea leaves). Thanks for asking :D

I've got about £1600 saved. Wish I could treat myself really; give a bit back to the economy :) But i fear I'll be needing it...
Glad you are doing OK, looks like any day now for your report :)

How are you doing Rivendelboy and Sputwang?

Got the expected refusal today via a 6 page pdf in my UC journal. Goes into no detail at all so I'll have to ask for the full report before I can prepare a mandatory reconsideration request. Interestingly the explanation section at the back is full of stuff like if you can watch TV using a remote control or get cash from a cash point this is counted as ability to work somehow. Weird.

Got the expected refusal today via a 6 page pdf in my UC journal. Goes into no detail at all so I'll have to ask for the full report before I can prepare a mandatory reconsideration request. Interestingly the explanation section at the back is full of stuff like if you can watch TV using a remote control or get cash from a cash point this is counted as ability to work somehow. Weird.
Weird indeed. I know they are fond of extrapolating the smallest task into the capability to work but that's a new one. I hope you manage to get the full report soon.

Yes that a couple of new ones on me too Sputwang. They have often said that if you can sit through a film and concentrate or even watch a half hour soap then you are fit for work, baffling, and now using a tv remote proves you are able to work. I struggle to see how the DWP could win in a court of appeal based on that crap. It wont stop them using it though to elongate the claims/reviews process to put people off from following things through.
Good luck with the Mandatory, keep your eye on the time limit, I think it's a month.

Yes that a couple of new ones on me too Sputwang. They have often said that if you can sit through a film and concentrate or even watch a half hour soap then you are fit for work, baffling, and now using a tv remote proves you are able to work. I struggle to see how the DWP could win in a court of appeal based on that crap. It wont stop them using it though to elongate the claims/reviews process to put people off from following things through.
Good luck with the Mandatory, keep your eye on the time limit, I think it's a month.

I'll try and remember to cut and paste the explanatory notes tomorrow. I got the feeling it wasn't specifically for me but just bolted on after the single page that said "Dear Sput, do one you shiftless oik. Love and sloppy kisses. The tories."

Can I clarify (still haven't heard): if ESA (in my case) is stopped during the payment cycle, the outstanding payment would be made on the next regular payment date?

Presumably, though again just to be clear, they do not pay you up to the end of that cycle. THey pay you only up to the date the decision was made. Correct?

Thanks

Can I clarify (still haven't heard): if ESA (in my case) is stopped during the payment cycle, the outstanding payment would be made on the next regular payment date?

Presumably, though again just to be clear, they do not pay you up to the end of that cycle. THey pay you only up to the date the decision was made. Correct?

Thanks

Yes any outstanding entitlement will be paid on your usual day and they will (should) notify you of date that entitlement ceases, which, yes, can be any date within payment cycle.

Yes any outstanding entitlement will be paid on your usual day and they will (should) notify you of date that entitlement ceases, which, yes, can be any date within payment cycle.
Thanks. I think then it's safe to assume they won't pay you beyond the date the decision is made. That's certainly what I'm working on. Presumably they woudln't cut it off prior to that without good reason

Usually they'll notify you of an end date within the next couple of weeks/days after the date on the letter. I say usually because as we know they regularly throw spanners in the works.

Staying on dates, I dont know if its paranoia or sheer coincidence that they select significant dates to fk us about. I have a Health Assessment next week on the anniversary of my wife's passing, another one was for 17th March (I tick Irish on their forms as ethnic status), they stopped my benefits one year on the day before my birthday and my daughter had an assessment on her birthday.

Is it us or are they devious fkrs?

Usually they'll notify you of an end date within the next couple of weeks/days after the date on the letter. I say usually because as we know they regularly throw spanners in the works.

Staying on dates, I dont know if its paranoia or sheer coincidence that they select significant dates to fk us about. I have a Health Assessment next week on the anniversary of my wife's passing, another one was for 17th March (I tick Irish on their forms as ethnic status), they stopped my benefits one year on the day before my birthday and my daughter had an assessment on her birthday.

It's whatever's convenient for them, not for us. My assessor din't bother to show up on time because the trains were late. While that's entirely credible, had I uused that excuse I'd have either been made to wait for however long until they could fit me in after the fact, or be sent home pending another appointment - potentially affecting my benefits. I've seen a a guy who, haveing got stressed out waiting, threatened to leave. The receptionist took him literally and even the security guard had to argue his case to be seen rather than sent back home. They don't give a crap how they affect people.

Got seen at dead on the time specified, advocaat was ten mins late so did ten mins by myself. The interviewer just kept firing questions at me. Lasted only half an hr, thank god its over with. She said ill hear in a few weeks.
Well done, try to put it out of your mind for now.

Got seen at dead on the time specified, advocaat was ten mins late so did ten mins by myself. The interviewer just kept firing questions at me. Lasted only half an hr, thank god its over with. She said ill hear in a few weeks.

Well done, relax now for a while, you've done the hard part.

Usually they'll notify you of an end date within the next couple of weeks/days after the date on the letter.

First I knew about them stopping my ESA some yrs ago was a letter from the council telling me my HB was stopped! Then they tried to claim they had phoned me and left a message, I DON'T have an answering machine so that was a lie too.

They are Fkrs cos they always send me a form just before xmas that has to be back by the 2nd week in Jan, they are cnuts.

I hope you all get your claims/awards ok :)

I have another pointless appt with my 'back to work' coach this month, at least it's usually only 10 mins or so

First I knew about them stopping my ESA some yrs ago was a letter from the council telling me my HB was stopped! Then they tried to claim they had phoned me and left a message, I DON'T have an answering machine so that was a lie too.

They are Fkrs cos they always send me a form just before xmas that has to be back by the 2nd week in Jan, they are cnuts.

I hope you all get your claims/awards ok :)

I have another pointless appt with my 'back to work' coach this month, at least it's usually only 10 mins or so
Hope yours is better than the bloke I saw

A useful caring thread. I have just applied for PIP. Suffered left hand stroke about 18 months ago. Can now walk unsteadily sort distances, if I very careful I can shower myself , takes ages. Left hand is almost useless. Worst bit if I any form of exercise I get hit by nuero fatigue. Still have to have my groceries delivered but am capable of ordering them on line.
Two things come to mind compared to some of the awful cases on here am I really entitled to PIp and reading some of the reasons for people not receiving benefit it feels like I wouldn’t stand a chance of getting accepted anyway.

A useful caring thread. I have just applied for PIP. Suffered left hand stroke about 18 months ago. Can now walk unsteadily sort distances, if I very careful I can shower myself , takes ages. Left hand is almost useless. Worst bit if I any form of exercise I get hit by nuero fatigue. Still have to have my groceries delivered but am capable of ordering them on line.
Two things come to mind compared to some of the awful cases on here am I really entitled to PIp and reading some of the reasons for people not receiving benefit it feels like I wouldn’t stand a chance of getting accepted anyway.
It's not a comparative award, you don't get it if you're worse than others. It's based on your circumstances and what you need.

Nothing wrong with getting shopping delivered, it made my life so much better when I realised I could do this!

1) did you get help to fill the form in? Ime that helps
2) if you don't get an award get in touch with CAB/Welfare Rights folk to help you fight it.

Still not heard anything about my WCA date. Mind you I wrote to then in Feb? asking for a PIP1 form and still haven't received that either. :eek: :facepalm:

Still not heard anything about my WCA date. Mind you I wrote to then in Feb? asking for a PIP1 form and still haven't received that either. :eek: :facepalm:
It can take months between filling in the ESA50 form and getting a date.

It's been 6 weeks since my wca and i've still heard nothing. They opperate according to their own secret rythms I'm afraid

It can take months between filling in the ESA50 form and getting a date.

It's been 6 weeks since my wca and i've still heard nothing. They opperate according to their own secret rythms I'm afraid
Yes, but there's months and then there's months. WouldBe knows this, we all do, it's incredibly frustrating having to jump to their tune the whole time.

All any of us can do is wait and have solidarity with others going through the process. And hope.

No news is good news, right? Hope you're doing OK otherwise.

Yes, but there's months and then there's months. WouldBe knows this, we all do, it's incredibly frustrating having to jump to their tune the whole time.

All any of us can do is wait and have solidarity with others going through the process. And hope.

No news is good news, right? Hope you're doing OK otherwise.
Of course, the whole thing is ridiculous. You can't plan, including properly budget, and you can't really move forward. It's a bureacratic shitshow.

Yes, no news is indeed good news. It's the only way to look at it really

Back
Top Bottom