Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Atos Medicals - Questions, Answers and Support

Are they still paying you? Can you get the form anywhere else?
I'm still getting ESA. My PIP stopped months back after the tribunal refused to accept evidence that showed the HCP was lying. :mad:

You can't get PIP forms anywhere else these days. You're supposed to phone the DWP up and they fill in the PIP1 form over the phone but that's not much use when you suffer from memory loss so you have to write to them asking for a PIP1 form and explain why you can't do it over the phone. :(

I'm still getting ESA. My PIP stopped months back after the tribunal refused to accept evidence that showed the HCP was lying. :mad:

You can't get PIP forms anywhere else these days. You're supposed to phone the DWP up and they fill in the PIP1 form over the phone but that's not much use when you suffer from memory loss so you have to write to them asking for a PIP1 form and explain why you can't do it over the phone. :(
I don't think I would trust them to accurately note what I was telling them anyway.

They are failing in their obligations under the Equality Act 2010 by not making any reasonable adjustments for your memory problems. Would it help if I drafted a letter for you? I would leave gaps for you to add in your personal info, but if you are able to print stuff out it might make things quicker for you.

I don't think I would trust them to accurately note what I was telling them anyway.

They are failing in their obligations under the Equality Act 2010 by not making any reasonable adjustments for your memory problems. Would it help if I drafted a letter for you? I would leave gaps for you to add in your personal info, but if you are able to print stuff out it might make things quicker for you.
Yes please if you would. :)

Of course, the whole thing is ridiculous. You can't plan, including properly budget, and you can't really move forward. It's a bureacratic shitshow.

Yes, no news is indeed good news. It's the only way to look at it really

Yeah it was about 4 months before I got the refusal letter.

Got my ESA tribunal tomorrow pm. Probably little to no sleep tonight as a result. Reading their court submission it's so obvious that the process is angled towards refusing applications. At least tomorrow it'll be people not in the pay of the DWP, which gives me some hope.

Got my ESA tribunal tomorrow pm. Probably little to no sleep tonight as a result. Reading their court submission it's so obvious that the process is angled towards refusing applications. At least tomorrow it'll be people not in the pay of the DWP, which gives me some hope.
good luck

Cheers all. There was a representative for the DWP there but she didn't say anything. It was adjourned for me to provide them with my medical records, so no result yet.

Cheers all. There was a representative for the DWP there but she didn't say anything. It was adjourned for me to provide them with my medical records, so no result yet.
good luck and all good wishes

Well, finally Just had my DLA to PIP transferral letter, so the misery begins, I
think i will now also have to look into my ESA situation as well, I can't really cope now even without it all

I have been left alone for many years, i recently went on my (first for many years) holiday and applied for a EHIC card, I do wonder if there is a connection, the website does say we share with the DWP, etc.

The thing is I last filled a form in over 8 years ago, the goalposts have changed hugely and i will have to negoiate how i filled it it then, etc, with what is expected now. I also have very contrerversial comments by nurses, gp's,etc on my medical notes(i urge people to ask for their notes, they may beshocked by what is on them), which i challenged but couldn't get removed and am not keen to use my medical notes for a tribunal, this is problematic as benefits and work note that initial PIP claims has huge rate of rejections as opposed to appeals, etc..

BTw, just wondered if anyone who is a member of Benefits and Work or Fightback they would be happy to share latestform filling guides for PIP and DLA, i just can't afford 20 pounds at the moments, pay four hundred a month back to council for care, used to pass on when i was a member.

can PM if want to be discreet

tx

Well, finally Just had my DLA to PIP transferral letter, so the misery begins, I
think i will now also have to look into my ESA situation as well, I can't really cope now even without it all

I have been left alone for many years, i recently went on my (first for many years) holiday and applied for a EHIC card, I do wonder if there is a connection, the website does say we share with the DWP, etc.

The thing is I last filled a form in over 8 years ago, the goalposts have changed hugely and i will have to negoiate how i filled it it then, etc, with what is expected now. I also have very contrerversial comments by nurses, gp's,etc on my medical notes(i urge people to ask for their notes, they may beshocked by what is on them), which i challenged but couldn't get removed and am not keen to use my medical notes for a tribunal, this is problematic as benefits and work note that initial PIP claims has huge rate of rejections as opposed to appeals, etc..

Can't say very much but it is very adversarial now. Take all the help you can get. Welfare rights is a good start, they've helped me out with forms etc a lot. Prepare to be be turned down all the way to the tribunal stage. It's just the way it is atm. Best wishes.

I attempted to get PIP recently. After a long, stressful phone call (I only wanted a form but had to jump through a massive question session), I was told to wait for a form. 2 months later, I got a letter saying my form should have been returned before a date which had already passed. The form which had not been sent.
Couldn't face another endless phone call (I am really useless on the phone, falling into tearful sniffling like an idiot). Have managed to find a few hours of gardening work to pay bills, otherwise, sweetheart and I have £90 a week (as the bedroom tax whips 25% of HB off). This is a terrible situation to be in because I have also been made to swap from ESA (where I could do permitted work )...to UC, where I am only allowed to earn £15. We are practically penniless (and living in fear. I bloody hate the DWP...

I've no idea where best to put this, so I'm putting it here. Just been downstairs and found a white envelope in the letterbox. Not realising it was a DWP envelope (because it wasn't brown and because I didn't recognise the address on the back), I opened it. It's from the PIP assessment centre in Stockton-on-Tees (I actually thought it might be from the DPRC centre, as that's also in Stockton). I'm now confused as the address a couple of posts back is Wolverhampton. :confused:

Anyway, it's the usual passive-aggressive bollocks, but I'm shitting myself because, if they demand I attend an assessment, I'm completely fucked, a) because I'm completely bedridden, b) because my autism is such that I literally couldn't speak to anyone from here if I was sitting in front of them, never mind some fucker from the DWP and c) because I know for a fact there is literally no support for someone like me here, none whatsoever, I'm too old and too fucked up. I don't even have a GP because I was banned from the only practice there is here because I kept emailing (I was told that it didn't offer any kind of help or support via email under any circumstances and then I had another breakdown, emailed again and got banned. PALS was absolutely fucking useless).

If anyone wants to see the letter, let me know.

Gaia you need to be seen by a GP, based on where you said you live there's a few in your area. There's also GP services that will visit you, although again you would need to check coverage in your area, try Qured . At least you would be able to write things down beforehand and get it clear in your mind what you wanted to say. But you need to see someone.

Is there a deadline on the form? If there is, make a note of it, then start adding information to the form. So today, you might add your name and address. You don't have to fill it out all at once. Answer the questions as if you are on your worst day.

Best of luck with it. (edit: corrected name of mobile GP company)

Last edited:
Finally Gaia posters get the most benefit from this thread when they interact with the discussion. There's a ton of help available here so please respond to posts.

You can do this Gaia (all the forms and shit). Fitting in here must be as difficult and you seem to have managed that. Get a new gp too.

urgent advice needed, left it very late to ask for PIP1, end date tomorrow, so it will have to be the telephone call, the PIP1, basis for call, asks do you want to allow evidence from earlier DLA claims, ESA, EMP reports, compiling info now, is this a good or bad thing or just depends on individual, i am cautious even though i had high awards

other issue, would issues with memory, come under one of the questions they ask in the call, about disabilities, i have cognitive issues, brainfog, but it is not dementia,etc?

the benefit and work guides don't help much here

urgent advice needed, left it very late to ask for PIP1, end date tomorrow, so it will have to be the telephone call, the PIP1, basis for call, asks do you want to allow evidence from earlier DLA claims, ESA, EMP reports, compiling info now, is this a good or bad thing or just depends on individual, i am cautious even though i had high awards

other issue, would issues with memory, come under one of the questions they ask in the call, about disabilities, i have cognitive issues, brainfog, but it is not dementia,etc?

the benefit and work guides don't help much here
Don't think we've had this question before, so I will do my best to answer.

I would include it, depending on what it shows. So if you have a large amount of evidence such letters from consultants that are fairly recent, or that document a clear decline in function, ask for it to be included. If the evidence will not help your case, don't include it.

I would include your cognitive stuff under memory issues, with as much information as possible.

Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom