look trying to watch the f1 :p

will revert back later

saying that another brexit thread without any benefits being mentioned
so nothing to see here

look trying to watch the f1 :p

will revert back later

saying that another brexit thread without any benefits being mentioned
so nothing to see here
A benefit here is the OP and millions of others are not compelled to work when on holiday

As for working from cafes, surely that would be a massive confidentiality breach, at least everywhere I’ve ever worked it would be

I feel almost contractually bound to interject to say that this all shows that the tory referendum was merely a 'choice' between 2 alternative visions of neoliberal acceleration. :D
Ray-Alan-006.jpg

We had free roaming on some networks, we’ve still got free roaming on some networks. We didn’t used to have free roaming on some networks, we’ve still not got free roaming on some networks.
:facepalm:
data roaming was actually a ‘right’ in the EU, so you could use it exactly the same as you could here whatever network you were on. Most companies now cap it at a certain level which is easy to exceed if you’re over there for a while. So it is a disbenefit.

What ash needs to do is get a ‘mifi’ unit and local data card for it, that’s what we do when we’re in Portugal and it’s piss cheap, something like 20 euro for two weeks unlimited and in most places it’s a decent speed. Spain is likely the same given cultural similarities. The unit is about £40-60 but you can probably borrow one off a friend or pick one up second hand.

edit to add: I’ve just had a look and you can get brand new unlocked 4g mifi units on eBay for under £20. Works basically like a Wi-Fi router so you can run multiple devices off it.

data roaming was actually a ‘right’ in the EU, so you could use it exactly the same as you could here whatever network you were on. Most companies now cap it at a certain level which is easy to exceed if you’re over there for a while. So it is a disbenefit.

What ash needs to do is get a ‘mifi’ unit and local data card for it, that’s what we do when we’re in Portugal and it’s piss cheap, something like 20 euro for two weeks unlimited and in most places it’s a decent speed. Spain is likely the same given cultural similarities. The unit is about £40-60 but you can probably borrow one off a friend or pick one up second hand.

edit to add: I’ve just had a look and you can get brand new unlocked 4g mifi units on eBay for under £20. Works basically like a Wi-Fi router so you can run multiple devices off it.
Thanks that’s interesting is that the only cost the £20 or do you need to pay a monthly fee as well?

this has nothing to do with brexit though does it, there's no difference compared to before
There is a bit of a Brexit angle. Prior to Brexit, most mobile companies would let you roam in Europe on their 4G service without charging you more.

Quite a few now make a daily charge. 3's is (I looked it up) £2/day, so not perhaps on the same scale as the destruction wrought elsewhere.

Personally I have never had and am never going to have the ability to continue to work and get paid while fucking off on holiday for two weeks, so maybe you'll forgive me if I find it hard to give a fuck.
Such is the nature of my work (some of it, anyway), that I simply cannot afford to be away, even on holiday, and totally disconnected from things. It might not be quite the bourgeois indulgence you appear to think it is :)

Such is the nature of my work (some of it, anyway), that I simply cannot afford to be away, even on holiday, and totally disconnected from things. It might not be quite the bourgeois indulgence you appear to think it is :)
In a similar way, I often have to make myself available for weekend / evening meetings.
Many of the people I do work for have a "real life job" during normal office hours, and so meetings etc regarding the heritage things they are involved with happen at other times.

This is a unilateral cunt thing from some UK phone operators then because to the best of my knowledge all Italian telecom operators still give you free roaming in the UK
The point remains that, under pre-Brexit rules, operators HAD to provide free roaming. Now, they do it only if it suits their marketing.

Not in any way to imply that mobile operators aren't cuts.

Back
Top Bottom