Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Are you excited by the new blue British passports (made in Poland)?

According to Wikipedia, the shields on the coat of arms show three leopards, a golden goat, and a pine marten, which seems like a fair trade for a unicorn.
1. Fucking wikipedia
2. Goat I can see rest is artwank bollocks.
3. If I sent you to market with a cow you'd probably come back with a tin of Lidl baked beans and some nonsense about how they are magic

He's an asshole for abandoning his child, especially given she is the one who doesn't live with him, I imagine this will make her feel that her father loves her less than her half siblings and even worse he is a stupid asshole, what sort of dipshit doesn't check that his teenage child's passport is up to date long before he books the holiday even mind arrives at the frigging airport.

He's an asshole for abandoning his child, especially given she is the one who doesn't live with him, I imagine this will make her feel that her father loves her less than her half siblings and even worse he is a stupid asshole, what sort of dipshit doesn't check that his teenage child's passport is up to date long before he books the holiday even mind arrives at the frigging airport.

:oops:

The kids mother may have held the passport. Almost certainly if she is parent with care.
My ex would have tried to pull a stroke like that.

Dunno you know, I think having some ability however limited to influence rules and laws through democratic structures probably is quite important
That only seems to work right now if you're a Tory/right wing type (see: election results), otherwise your influence over democratic structures appears to hover around the zero mark.

Shit situation and he fucked up ahead of arriving at airport, but at airport.. Probably right she can't travel and it's the least lose all round. But he's got amends to make with her. Dual custody upbringing ain't easy. My take anyway. Only brought it up coz was I my feed yesterday and post I was replying to reminded me of it

Last edited:
Some of the old ones were either black a blue so dark you'd probably only detect a tiny hint of blue if you put them against a black background. The new ones are the same colour as American passports, so I don't think the new ones are going to end the grumbling from traditionalists.

I need a new passport but why should I care what colour it is? Why should I give a fuk?

It's incredibly inconsequential - even most of the people who were outraged by the change in 1988 must be over it by now - but since it is an actual, tangible "benefit" from Brexit, I'm expecting the government to mark it with street parties, commemorative coins, and a Blue Passport Day parade.

Is there some sort of international law or convention that says a state has to have a universal colour for its passports? If it was down to private sector they would have found a way to offer choice for extra £ - say default of black and for extra £20 you can choose any other matt colour, £30 combo/pattern, £50 gold/platinum

this is interesting
video made in relation to uk passports changing colour
main points made in first 3 minutes or so

Last edited:
Is there some sort of international law or convention that says a state has to have a universal colour for its passports? If it was down to private sector they would have found a way to offer choice for extra £ - say default of black and for extra £20 you can choose any other matt colour, £30 combo/pattern, £50 gold/platinum

Nope, I don't think there's any rules governing passport colours - though the world still sticks to four colours, as below. Some countries have different coloured diplomatic or emergency passports - and for the next 10 years, valid British passports won't all be in the same colour.

worldpassports.png

It's incredibly inconsequential - even most of the people who were outraged by the change in 1988 must be over it by now - but since it is an actual, tangible "benefit" from Brexit, I'm expecting the government to mark it with street parties, commemorative coins, and a Blue Passport Day parade.

It's not really a benefit, I know you've put quotes on it so you know it's not but I really can't stress how pointless it is.

There was certainly demand for it though, far more than sensible. It was one of those doorstop talking points canvassers found during the ref and it's been wanked over by the papers and our gloriously shit politicos since..

Nope, I don't think there's any rules governing passport colours - though the world still sticks to four colours, as below. Some countries have different coloured diplomatic or emergency passports - and for the next 10 years, valid British passports won't all be in the same colour.

View attachment 199500

Nobody has yellow. Reckon passports would look banging in a nice bright canary yellow. Brazil fucked up

That only seems to work right now if you're a Tory/right wing type (see: election results), otherwise your influence over democratic structures appears to hover around the zero mark.
Well it was ever thus. First past the post and that. Would you prefer proportional representation? If so what type?

My passport preference would be focussed on it lasting longer, being cheaper, and stressing citizenship rather than subject.
People will be complaining about the colour change. People find change problematic. So it's not absurd but it is.

Got my first passport in 1991, and that was still blue as they were using up old stock, friends who got theirs around the same time had red (mine was issued from Swansea I think). Helpfully it was also handwritten, including date of birth, which let me drink underage in the states with the help of a friend’s steady hand and a very short ‘1’ at the end of my year of birth.

The kids mother may have held the passport. Almost certainly if she is parent with care.
My ex would have tried to pull a stroke like that.
Considering he went out to social media to try and excuse himself, I suspect he would have led with that but didn't. And if he had done that it would have painted him in an even worse light, her Dad publicly blaming her Mum for being as bad a parent as he is wouldn't do much for any kid's self image

Back
Top Bottom