Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Are you excited by the new blue British passports (made in Poland)?

Has anyone applied for one of these recently? How long is it actually taking? Gov.uk pages says 12 weeks, but surely it can’t be that long?

Has anyone applied for one of these recently? How long is it actually taking? Gov.uk pages says 12 weeks, but surely it can’t be that long?

It probably is, I had to renew my driving licence recently, just checked the Post Office receipt, that was done 9 weeks ago and still no sign of my new licence.

It probably is, I had to renew my driving licence recently, just checked the Post Office receipt, that was done 9 weeks ago and still no sign of my new licence.

:eek:

i did mine online last month (just the 10 year renewal, and with photo from my passport, rather than sending separate bits off) and think i got it back in not much more than a week.)

Blimey. Was never this bad before Brexit….

Still, the Brits aren‘t as screwed as the Swedes, whose passport renewal system collapsed into chaos after they changed the online booking system for the requisite visit to the police station for photography / fingerprinting, which is integral to the system.

Some bright spark noticed the time booking slots were transferable and didn’t use a “I’m not a robot” front end, so wrote a script to book all the available slots up until Sept and has then set about selling them via Facebook ads to infuriated Swedes who can only get a passport in less than six months by paying to buy a time from the entrepreneurial scammers.

i did mine online last month (just the 10 year renewal, and with photo from my passport, rather than sending separate bits off) and think i got it back in not much more than a week.)

Mine was just a 10 year renewal too, but I couldn't do it online as my passport has expired, so had to go to the Post Office to get photographed, and fill in the form, which was then sent special delivery to the DVLA.

I was warned it would take weeks, and to keep my PO receipt, as that's apparently proof I am legal to drive.

Ok, so between 1 and 12 weeks… I’ll stick an application in as mine expires next month.

Mine was just a 10 year renewal too, but I couldn't do it online as my passport has expired, so had to go to the Post Office to get photographed, and fill in the form, which was then sent special delivery to the DVLA.

I was warned it would take weeks, and to keep my PO receipt, as that's apparently proof I am legal to drive.

The law is 'holds or is not barred from holding'.

I'll need to renew mine as I hit 70 in October, so get a three year one, but it is FREE!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

You don't need a doctor's line, you can self cert.

Prior to the cataract surgery, I was going to give up when my license ran out (I still have a paper one) as deteriorating vision meant that I could not have stated that my eyesight was OK. New eyes are wonderful. I'm better than 20/20 without my glasses.

I renewed mine online and it took about three weeks. Arrived last week.

Eta MrCurry, this was pretty accurate for mine though looks like the time has gone up.

Last edited:
It’s a complete clusterfuck, and I pity anyone who tries to get in touch with TNT customer services about failed deliveries (at the earliest opportunity you get diverted to a robot that claims to be so very sorry that you’re having problems, and that’s it). The mrs got lucky and misquoted her reference number which put a spanner in the works and ended with her talking to a real human being through whom she managed to arrange to pick hers up from the TNT depot, approx one week before we went away for Easter.

Back
Top Bottom