Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Are you excited by the new blue British passports (made in Poland)?

Well they clearly did go abroad if she had a soon to expire passport. And why would the father, who she doesn’t live with, be responsible for buying her passport as well as the holiday? When you’ve bought tickets for friends did you check their passports too?

Actually, last trip abroad I paid for the tickets (ant then got paid back) had to enter those details when buying the flights online(

Actually, last trip abroad I paid for the tickets (ant then got paid back) had to enter those details when buying the flights online(
That’s API which is only required by certain countries. Clearly not required in this case otherwise it would’ve been flagged up.

Yes he has a responsibility to all three
And by dealing with it correctly he has minimised the impact for as many other people for whom he’s responsible as possible. He can make it good with the 14 year old with another holiday later, and not flush 5 grand down the bog and upset everyone else on the trip.

Last edited:
BRITISH PASSPORT comes across as a bit Monopoly money to me tbh.
Those responsible for the design were clearly instructed to make it look as much like the old ones as possible; hence the gammon pleasing words across the top. I suppose those pleased to see the "blue" return will similarly be pleased to see the superfluous nationalistic title.

Those responsible for the design were clearly instructed to make it look as much like the old ones as possible; hence the gammon pleasing words across the top. I suppose those pleased to see the "blue" return will similarly be pleased to see the superfluous nationalistic title.
it's to help people like Spymaster differentiate their new uk document from their newer eu passports.

Tbf, the old passports were gammon coloured and it’s remainers who are currently bursting blood vessels at present.

Im referring to these (now classed as old style passports I’d guess):

if you look at the passport the abhorrent patel is holding
1582536904639.png
you'll note the mark under the 'united kingdom...' bit. the so-called new british passport differs not one iota from the previous version save by the excision of the eu bit.

the same biometric chip is in there.

I think both the mum and the dad should have checked the passport validity. They are both at fault.
Mum has to shoulder 50% as an absolute minimum by any sensible measure. Personally I can't for the life of me see how a parent could pack a 14 year old off on an international holiday and not check their passport.

Mum has to shoulder 50% as an absolute minimum by any sensible measure. Personally I can't for the life of me see how a parent could pack a 14 year old off on an international holiday and not check their passport.
A 14 year old packs herself and probably takes herself to dad's house. I can tell you this because i have a 14 year old. The mother need not be involved and she certainly shouldnt be grateful that her dad's taking her away so your logic fails.

A 14 year old packs herself and probably takes herself to dad's house. I can tell you this because i have a 14 year old. The mother need not be involved and she certainly shouldnt be grateful that her dad's taking her away so your logic fails.
Nonsense. Nobody is suggesting that she should be grateful. Just competent.

I didn’t have a passport until I was 29, and my first one was burgundy. I got it because when I met Mrs LR she was planning on going to New Orleans and I wanted to follow her. But things didn’t work out that way, and it was a few more years before I actually used it.

What colour was your first P45?

Competent in getting a passport that she has no need for? This is bonkers. I'm out.
The father asked the mother to check the passport details. She gave him an expiry date that would have been valid. When they got to the airport they found it wasn't.

At best the mother was totally incompetent. At worst she deliberately tried to sabotage the holiday. Her fault either way.

The Father said:
“My ex-wife had told me that the passport had a valid expiry date. She said there was still a year left - she even gave me the date to use when I was buying tickets.”

It seems the father then tried to stay at home with the daughter but the other wife threatened to cancel the whole holiday if he didn't go.

This should end here.

The father asked the mother to check the passport details. She gave him an expiry date that would have been valid. When they got to the airport they found it wasn't.

At best the mother was totally incompetent. At worst she deliberately tried to sabotage the holiday. Her fault either way.

This should end here.
That's a different article! Yes in that case if she deliberately gave the wrong date then it's terrible. But that is not the one that was linked to.

Agree.

Back
Top Bottom