Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Are you excited by the new blue British passports (made in Poland)?

Regardless of who's fault it is nobody checked the passport ahead, quite clearly the dad is a fucking knob of the highest order. Imagine leaving your daughter at the airport to go off with new wife stepson and stepsister, poor girl would be fucked up for years from that. Weird how anybody would bother to defend him.
He didn't leave her at the airport, he sent her home with her grandfather. The alternative was to bin the entire holiday for the other 2 kids, his wife and him.

Regardless of who's fault it is nobody checked the passport ahead, quite clearly the dad is a fucking knob of the highest order. Imagine leaving your daughter at the airport to go off with new wife stepson and stepsister, poor girl would be fucked up for years from that. Weird how anybody would bother to defend him.
Not the actions of a loving, loyal father.

Yes, he left her at the airport to fly off with his new family.
No. He arranged for his old man to take her home and continued with the other two kids and his wife. That is not 'leaving/abandoning her at the airport'.

They've forked out a shit load of money that they'd never had before and would've lost if they'd cancelled the holiday. The way to deal with it would be to explain that to the girl and make it up to her at a later date somehow. Not to penalise everyone else and lose a few grand into the bargain.

If he'd had any sense, he would have checked his daughter's passport before booking the holiday.

I'm disappointed we don't know for sure if he is a Brexiteer though, so we'd have another reason for arguing that they're all stupid and Brexit should be cancelled.

The big point is how weird the bloke is/was.
You would not want him to date your daughter.
Not by any means the weirdest person outside Parliament or involved in Brexit protests. Definitely in the "eccentric" camp.

I actually saw quite a lot of camaraderie between the long running pro and anti Brexit lot who were in the area regularly - they all knew each other and seemed quite friendly. It was the odd blow-in that was the problem and would cause trouble.

No. He arranged for his old man to take her home and continued with the other two kids and his wife. That is not 'leaving/abandoning her at the airport'.

They've forked out a shit load of money that they'd never had before and would've lost if they'd cancelled the holiday. The way to deal with it would be to explain that to the girl and make it up to her at a later date somehow. Not to penalise everyone else and lose a few grand into the bargain.

At no point did I say abandoning, you've added that cos you know you've fucked your gotcha. Yes, he left her at the airport to fly off with his new family, with her grandad taking her home.

Yeah I read it, that's how I'm familiar with what happened. I'm not arsed what the article said, you responded to my post with an erroneous word. He's a shit dad. Deal with it.
It's not an erroneous word. Regardless of what you can 'be arsed with' he is said to have abandoned the girl at the airport in the article you say you've read. The thrust of your posts would lead any reasonable person to believe that you agreed with that. My response to you was therefore in single inverted commas rather than double ones, which signifies the broader point rather than something you posted verbatim. He may or may not be a shit dad, but this episode doesn't necessarily make him one.

It's not an erroneous word. Regardless of what you can 'be arsed with' he is said to have abandoned the girl at the airport in the article you say you've read. The thrust of your posts would lead any reasonable person to believe that you agreed with that. My response to you was therefore in single inverted commas rather than double ones, which signifies the broader point rather than something you posted verbatim. He may or may not be a shit dad, but this episode doesn't necessarily make him one.

Yes it does. It makes him a really shit dad.

Not by any means the weirdest person outside Parliament or involved in Brexit protests. Definitely in the "eccentric" camp.

I actually saw quite a lot of camaraderie between the long running pro and anti Brexit lot who were in the area regularly - they all knew each other and seemed quite friendly. It was the odd blow-in that was the problem and would cause trouble.
Yeah this resonates. There seemed to have a village community thing going on. The police knew everyone . They were all fairly friendly.
That Goddard and the little trump flag boy and crew seemed more on edge.

Yeah this resonates. There seemed to have a village community thing going on. The police knew everyone . They were all fairly friendly.
That Goddard and the little trump flag boy and crew seemed more on edge.
Oh yes, I never saw any co-operation between Brexit supporters and the far right crew who occasionally marched in the area, or any of the latter who turned up to more static demos. (I mean you wouldn't would you.) I have a lot of photos and I'm pretty sure none of the two groups are even in the same frame. The heckling and aggro vs remainers would never have happened between the regulars.

It's not as if the far right lot were particularly interested in Brexit anyway, just as a nationalistic symbol in their own minds.

I used to have a blue one, I got my first passport in 1986 and they didn't start issuing the burgundy ones until 1988, Can't say I noticed any difference in the way I was treated regardless of the colour. It's not the colour of the passport it's the rights that are associated with it that matter and they are being reduced, it strikes me that I'm getting the short end of this particular stick

I used to have a blue one, I got my first passport in 1986 and they didn't start issuing the burgundy ones until 1988, Can't say I noticed any difference in the way I was treated regardless of the colour. It's not the colour of the passport it's the rights that are associated with it that matter and they are being reduced, it strikes me that I'm getting the short end of this particular stick

No but you see we got our Sovreignity back.

Back
Top Bottom