Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Another firestick deal.

If you highlight the movie db and press select it changes to a red icon with what looks like a lob sided letter "T", anyone know what that is? I seem to get different search results from it than the movie db.
Is it a tv series archive, instead of movies?

Am loving the firestick :cool: been thinking where the fuck have I been, had a good play around with it y/day. Only thing to get is an app for sports, once I do I'll be cancelling Sky Sports, we're going to leave Netflix/Prime for the moment because we use them on the TV in the bedroom which doesn't have a HDMI slot (it was one of dem free jobbies from Virgin when we signed up).

Am loving the firestick :cool: been thinking where the fuck have I been, had a good play around with it y/day. Only thing to get is an app for sports, once I do I'll be cancelling Sky Sports, we're going to leave Netflix/Prime for the moment because we use them on the TV in the bedroom which doesn't have a HDMI slot (it was one of dem free jobbies from Virgin when we signed up).
Most of the free football sports apps aren't great tbh , overcrowded servers, prone to being taken down over copyright, poor quality streams and very little maintenance. However, if you want to test a few apps by sideloading them then I'd try :

Football Live Score Tv Football Live Score TV 2.0 APKs

Live Net TV Live NetTV | Your Gateway to Entertainment

TV Tap Type in downloader : tvtap.world/download.php

or there are some shared login sellers that will get you passwords for direct streams like DAZN etc which show all the EPL, CBS for the CL etc but you'll need a good ie VPN like PIA or Ironsocket or there are plenty of IPTV services around for a tenner a month

Ok, just ordered a firestick. I've got a few weeks of being housebound ahead of me, so maybe this will keep me sane.

Not bothered about watching football, but is it easy to stream cricket?

Not bothered about watching football, but is it easy to stream cricket?

There are a few that are ok but they generally suffer the same problems as 39 outlined above for football.

I've kept my Sky Sports subscription purely for the cricket.

Thanks to all of you I seem to have managed to get this up and running. With a free vpn and cinemahd it seems to work and will test later when all the household internet isn't being stretched so thin

This thread has tempted me to upgrade mine. Price has gone back up to £50 so i might wait a while. Do they get discounted often?

Annoyingly, I can't seem to get it to control the volume (my audio is going via the audio out on the TV, but when the TV's configured for that, it doesn't let you adjust the volume). Hmm.

Probably not worth the hassle but you can get an HDMI to RCA adapter. This is what I use. Don't have a TV but use one of these 4K Fire sticks to stream audio to my stereo. The RCA adapter does need to be plugged in.

I actually won it in a quiz. Mean to get a Sonus amp at some point but this is doing the job.

Annoyingly, I can't seem to get it to control the volume (my audio is going via the audio out on the TV, but when the TV's configured for that, it doesn't let you adjust the volume). Hmm.

Check the batteries. Mine stopped controlling the volume. I got battery level warnings some time later, changed them and it works again.

The volume on all Firesticks goes out to an external source ie TV or sound bar etc . To do the latter you need to change the option in audio as I recall but the default will go via the TV .
.Have you tried simply removing the Firestick from both the usb and hdmi slots for two mins and then plugging in again ?

The volume on all Firesticks goes out to an external source ie TV or sound bar etc . To do the latter you need to change the option in audio as I recall but the default will go via the TV .
.Have you tried simply removing the Firestick from both the usb and hdmi slots for two mins and then plugging in again ?
I haven't - I'll give that a try. I think the problem is that the TV simply won't respond to any volume inputs while it's set up to send audio externally - presumably, the assumption is that the external bit will take care of the volume, which my Chromecast certainly seems to do.

When you say audio is going via audio out on the TV what do you mean ? Does the sound in your tv go out to an external speaker or sound bar ?

When you say audio is going via audio out on the TV what do you mean ? Does the sound in your tv go out to an external speaker or sound bar ?
There's a couple of RCA jacks on the back, which I plug into my hi-fi. Reading the TV manual, it explicitly says that the TV volume controls don't work when you're using them. So that's a bit of a bugger! I shall now have to put some batteries into the remote control for my amplifier, and adjust the volume that way.

There's a couple of RCA jacks on the back, which I plug into my hi-fi. Reading the TV manual, it explicitly says that the TV volume controls don't work when you're using them. So that's a bit of a bugger! I shall now have to put some batteries into the remote control for my amplifier, and adjust the volume that way.

Sounds like you might / should be able to control the volume on the hifi, - as with my set up. I was surprised it worked actually but I just chose generic audio remote or similar wording, during the set up.

The battery thing was odd as it worked fine for weeks, then the volume changing functionality ceased. Which I put down to dropping the remote. Few days later heard the battery warning and changed them and all works again.

you need a Real Debrid account
Got myself a 30 day pass with Real Debrid. Still getting the buffering on the big files, anything over 5gb, but that's probably down to my shitty 11mb connection speed. I've now upgraded to 36mb with my isp but still waiting for my new connection to go live.

I was getting a problem with no sound on some files or a black screen but I went into my settings on my cinema hd app and changed from mx player to the built in cinema player, that looks to have solved my problem.

A problem I'm still having is with the top menu on the player, the highlighter is so faint I can hardly see it. Is there a setting I can change to solve it?

Got myself a 30 day pass with Real Debrid. Still getting the buffering on the big files, anything over 5gb, but that's probably down to my shitty 11mb connection speed. I've now upgraded to 36mb with my isp but still waiting for my new connection to go live.

I was getting a problem with no sound on some files or a black screen but I went into my settings on my cinema hd app and changed from mx player to the built in cinema player, that looks to have solved my problem.

A problem I'm still having is with the top menu on the player, the highlighter is so faint I can hardly see it. Is there a setting I can change to solve it?
11 Meg should plenty for 1080p streams

I couldn't tell you anything about Cinema HD. I only installed it after Spymaster mentioned it here, and I only used it a couple of times before reverting back to Kodi and Exodus. I've been using them for years, and prefer the Exodus interface.

I turned down the Amazon prime free delivery and the extra fiver fast delivery and chose the normal delivery... And it just arrived next day anyhow. Combing through this thread for the next steps...

I turned down the Amazon prime free delivery and the extra fiver fast delivery and chose the normal delivery... And it just arrived next day anyhow. Combing through this thread for the next steps...

Saul and the others might disagree and suggest Kodi, but that takes a bit longer and if I were you I'd just want to get up and running with free movies asap, so install Cinema HD (see post #8) and a VPN first. Have a play around with that, then you can start adding the bells and whistles (Kodi builds, Debrid accounts).

Saul and the others might disagree and suggest Kodi, but that takes a bit longer and if I were you I'd just want to get up and running with free movies asap, so install Cinema HD (see post #8) and a VPN first. Have a play around with that, then you can start adding the bells and whistles (Kodi builds, Debrid accounts).
I tried seren and real debrid on kodi, which was a real faff, and I can't see how it's any better than cinema hd. Nowhere near as user friendly.

I tried seren and real debrid on kodi, which was a real faff, and I can't see how it's any better than cinema hd. Nowhere near as user friendly.

I think it's just what you get used to. I've got both, and like you, CHD is my first go-to. I've very rarely not found something there that IS on the Kodi add-ons.

I wouldn't disagree. It's probably the best/easiest solution for most people. I've just been set up with Kodi since it was XBMC on the Xbox, so I kinda know it inside out now.

Ok, after some fiddling about, I'm watching the cricket!

The VPN stuff, is that an app within firestick, or a general household level VPN?

I've installed Kodi and the crew. Not done anything else yet ..

Ok, after some fiddling about, I'm watching the cricket!

The VPN stuff, is that an app within firestick, or a general household level VPN?
For me, same app as you'd use on an Android phone (ie. I sideloaded the Mullvad .apk)

Back
Top Bottom