Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Another firestick deal.

Have you followed this address ?

hah yes seems i downloaded the wrong Cinema HD app - theres a few!
Got it working now!
image_2021-11-07_124632.png

So its finding torrents and streaming them right?

thanks all

*SO yeah a note to others who dont want to buy a firestick etc, and just want this aspect of it on a laptop, get bluestacks and then install the cinema HD app from the link.

Last edited:
Turns out disabling all the Amazon services with the Debloat tool was somehow blocking the Mullvad app from generating a wireguard key. Can't be arsed to play trial and error today so I enabled everything, let Mullvad generate a key and then disabled everything again. VPN seems to be working fine and finally I can stream anonymously in MrCurry land.

20211107_131844.jpg
Say goodbye to whatever free time you currently have!
Can confirm this is accurate.

Would be interested to hear peoples experience with those torrent streams re buffering and quality.... I'm having mixed experiences so far

Would be interested to hear peoples experience with those torrent streams re buffering and quality.... I'm having mixed experiences so far
I'm using Kodi and Exodus, and I have no problem streaming 80 gig films on torrents. You can set it to only display streamable torrents (not all are) and select the minimum number of seeders necessary before a torrent is displayed. I prefer it to Cinema HD but I don't think anybody has updated Exodus for Kodi 19 yet, so I'm still running 18.9.

I'm using Kodi and Exodus, and I have no problem streaming 80 gig films on torrents. You can set it to only display streamable torrents (not all are) and select the minimum number of seeders necessary before a torrent is displayed. I prefer it to Cinema HD but I don't think anybody has updated Exodus for Kodi 19 yet, so I'm still running 18.9.
nice, will try that too
Kodi does do that torrent-streaming thing does it?
Im presuming its Exodus that does that?
Had a google and can only see a crypto wallet called Exodus

It'll come pre-loaded with Amaxzon, Netflix, iPlayer, and other popular apps. If what you want isn't there you can access the app store and download them in a couple of clicks. Some apps (like Kodi and Cinema HD) aren't available there so you need to "side-load" them, as per the links on this thread. Yes, it should work abroad. MrCurry is in Sweden.
I’m being lazy here (hungover) and don’t get my stick until tomorrow so haven’t played with it.

May I ask tho’, with say Netflix, do you still need your login?

nice, will try that too
Kodi does do that torrent-streaming thing does it?
Im presuming its Exodus that does that?
Had a google and can only see a crypto wallet called Exodus
If you have kodi 19.0 or later, I don't think Exodus will work. You'd be better off with something like Seren. I haven't tried it yet but it's supposed to be the best replacement for Exodus.

I've just installed Seren on Kodi. Unfortunately, you need a Real Debrid account in order for it to work. Fortunately, I have a Real Debrid account. It seems to work OK, so I might update to Kodi 19.3 now.

If you have kodi 19.0 or later, I don't think Exodus will work. You'd be better off with something like Seren. I haven't tried it yet but it's supposed to be the best replacement for Exodus.
I just set up Exodus Redux on Kodi 18.9 and nothing plays :facepalm: Seren seems to require a paid account with Real-Debrid or Premiumize.

I’m being lazy here (hungover) and don’t get my stick until tomorrow so haven’t played with it.

May I ask tho’, with say Netflix, do you still need your login?
If you want to watch something through the Netflix app then yes. But not if you can find the same show or film on one of the dodgy apps.

I just set up Exodus Redux on Kodi 18.9 and nothing plays :facepalm: Seren seems to require a paid account with Real-Debrid or Premiumize.
It might be my Real Debrid account that's keeping it working.
It is worth getting a Real Debrid account though.
Definitely. Guaranteed sources and 4k. It's an essential really, and worth every penny.
I don't have a 4K telly. Would it be better to get the £21.99 option?
No. The 4k version is way better/faster.

Thanks, this work. So confirms the issue seems to be with my Exodus (and not Kodi or the Firestick).

It might be my Real Debrid account that's keeping it working.

I was selecting sources that weren't Real-Debrid. Every one for every movie looked like it was starting, then just stopped. I think it's something buggy on my install.

Definitely. Guaranteed sources and 4k. It's an essential really, and worth every penny.

I'm not paying to pirate :D

Only if money is super tight. Its not just that it does 4k, it's generally faster and more capable.
Plus some future-proofing. I don't have a 4K TV either but expect to get one someday and don't want to then have to replace the Fire Stick.

As an aside, I've had it less than a day and the dog has already chewed the fuck out of the remote. Still working.

Plus some future-proofing. I don't have a 4K TV either but expect to get one someday and don't want to then have to replace the Fire Stick.

As an aside, I've had it less than a day and the dog has already chewed the fuck out of the remote. Still working.

Don't let it die totally. They are almost as expensive as buying a new firestick!

I still blame the dog for our missing one.

So it seems like the 4k firetv stick which is on sale at £26.99 isn’t the latest version, and the newer, more expensive one has “wifi 6” as the main differentiator. Anyone know what wifi 6 is and whether it’s better to future proof yourself for it by buying that version of firetv stick, rather than the cheaper one?

So it seems like the 4k firetv stick which is on sale at £26.99 isn’t the latest version, and the newer, more expensive one has “wifi 6” as the main differentiator. Anyone know what wifi 6 is and whether it’s better to future proof yourself for it by buying that version of firetv stick, rather than the cheaper one?
WiFi 6 allows more connections and better speeds. It's absolutely unecessary, and pointless if you don't have a router that supports it. My router supports it but nothing I own is WiFi 6 enabled.

Not important in this context. 802.11 ac (wifi 5) is more then fast enough. As Saul points out you need a router that supports it and not many people will have one yet.

Last edited:
Thanks xsunnysuex, Ive just ordered 2. These are a great bit of kit. Since i bought my first one last year ive gradually built up the collection so i now have one for every telly in the house and one in my shed/office. With these in can start upgrading to 4k. I normally just use the installed apps but think ill give the ones mentioned a go . Is there a capability for watching premiership football free on any of these apps, be nice to watch the odd game occasionally ?

Back
Top Bottom