Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Should people in "the live arts" do another job until this blows over?

Ballerinas are fucking hardcore, too. They dance till their toes bleed and smile while they do it, and their arms are made of steel girders. If there's ever a revolution, I would very much want them on my side.
Damn right sista!

Whether its an ad from 2019 or not has been the source of a very boring row elsewhere on the Internet all afternoon, and I've yet to see any actual evidence its from 2019 beyond some peoples reckons.

Either way, fuck em its still shit.

The Tory Party, crushing people's dreams since 1842 :(

1681 is a more definitive date. As far as I remember the Tiries spent most of the 1840s infighting over the Corn Laws.

This is what they thought Tory Ministers deserved in 1807
and it would still be fine for me.

fall_of_paymaster.jpg

Well OK but I'm not sure that makes it any better. In fact, it might make it worse if it was produced during a time when there wasn't an international crisis going on.
I don't see how it could make it worse? Why would Fatima give up the job she loves to retrain as a cyber? Surely (assuming it was pre-covid) it was targeting people who weren't happy doing the job they were doing?

I don't see how it could make it worse? Why would Fatima give up the job she loves to retrain as a cyber? Surely (assuming it was pre-covid) it was targeting people who weren't happy doing the job they were doing?
It makes it worse because I can see some kind of point in suggesting people look for other kinds of work now when everything is going to shit. Before now, it is literally saying "just get a proper job". That's how it feels to me anyway.

It makes it worse because I can see some kind of point in suggesting people look for other kinds of work now when everything is going to shit. Before now, it is literally saying "just get a proper job". That's how it feels to me anyway.
It is spirit-crushingly horrible. As Edie says, the mind boggles that a group of people sat down and all thought this was a good idea.

But it is tory through and through. After all, didn't John Major run away from the circus in order to join a bank?

Whenever it was commissioned the advertisement would have provided reasonably paid work for the model, a photographer, studio technicians and various other creative types.

You couldn't have propaganda without creatives

No need for creatives in the future. They’ll just download the propaganda directly to our brains via the vaccine chips.

That’s why they’re recruiting for more cybers. To create yet more cybers.

Friend of mine who is an opera singer and has not been able to work as such since march went on the gov's 'i am an artist what shall i do now' website and was told to consider being a steeplejack a cake decorator and sports coach. It is not just laughably shit its deeply insulting, if she didn't have a robust sense of humour and another job she'd be on the waiting list for mental health services for 2027.

It was never anything more than a crass & thoughtless oversight tbf, and I don't really care that it was a 'partner agency' that was responsible for the content - one of the reasons they farm this stuff out to their mates is so they can evade responsibility when things go tits up.
Yes although I guess it wasn’t “the arts” targeted, and another pic could have been a, I dunno, mechanic or driving instructor retraining in cyber. So it has kinda been re-spun as an anti Government thing about defending the arts and as such is fake news?

Particularly good of the government to concentrate on promoting retraining in computers - a notoriously quick and cheap industry to get into, after all, and also there's completely no competition for those jobs.

(Actually they said "cyber" which is probably better for sports professionals because you just throw frisbees and race lightcycles.)
This , I'm really struggling to find work in IT with nearly 20 years experience at the moment so I'm not sure what all the artists who re-train are going to do.

Yes although I guess it wasn’t “the arts” targeted, and another pic could have been a, I dunno, mechanic or driving instructor retraining in cyber. So it has kinda been re-spun as an anti Government thing about defending the arts and as such is fake news?
There's some wild conspiracy theories about it (as there is about everything) but tbh most of the stuff I've seen is just people rolling their eyes that no-one thought to pull this particular image considering the campaign was launching today, right in the middle of a massive row about arts funding.

Back
Top Bottom