Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What should I download to watch on a loooooong train journey?

I think if anyone is going to spend 14 hours on trains they deserve to stare at what they want, when they want, how they want etc blah.

It'd drive me nuts, I couldn't read or stare at the scenery for that long. I'd nod off and have me shoes nicked and cider swiped.
I'm pretty sure it's 7 hours each way, not one monster 14 hour single journey (although I've done longer trips across Europe and enjoyed them).

I think if anyone is going to spend 14 hours on trains they deserve to stare at what they want, when they want, how they want etc blah.

It'd drive me nuts, I couldn't read or stare at the scenery for that long. I'd nod off and have me shoes nicked and cider swiped.

Aye. Sedation required. If I do a 7 hour journey I want to be on another continent when I wake up.

Thank you for all the suggestions. My iPad is now full of stuff to watch. I do already have books downloaded marshall as I read as well but I already had that in hand.

It’s 7 hours going, 8 coming back. I was planning on getting the sleeper there but they’re not running weeknights this week annoyingly and I need to be back on Sunday evening.

The friend I’m going to stay with is already there :cool:
FB18F6FF-7045-4650-8ADF-9EE79C08FD62.jpeg

Thank you for all the suggestions. My iPad is now full of stuff to watch. I do already have books downloaded marshall as I read as well but I already had that in hand.

It’s 7 hours going, 8 coming back. I was planning on getting the sleeper there but they’re not running weeknights this week annoyingly and I need to be back on Sunday evening.

The friend I’m going to stay with is already there :cool:
View attachment 413095

What did you download?

Hope the journey isn’t disrupted, appears some lines are blocked between Exeter and Plymouth. Living midway between the two I can confirm that it is very wet at present.

Perhaps they’ll let the long distance trains run and passengers for the local trains will be forced onto the rail replacement buses / stagecoach options?

Fisk (which was recommended on the other thread) and One Day which no one suggested but it came up on Netflix suggestions. :)
I've just started 'One Day' which seems quite sweet and light, good for the train. And good soundtrack, two Joan Armatrading songs already.

Hope the journey isn’t disrupted, appears some lines are blocked between Exeter and Plymouth. Living midway between the two I can confirm that it is very wet at present.

Perhaps they’ll let the long distance trains run and passengers for the local trains will be forced onto the rail replacement buses / stagecoach options?

Yeah it’s not the best day to be travelling, I’m stuck in newton abbot due to flooding

Yeah it’s not the best day to be travelling, I’m stuck in newton abbot due to flooding
I was stuck in newton abbot. Now I’m stuck in Plymouth. But they have apparently found train crew and we should be going to Penzance soon.

Thank you for thinking of me! It is very very wet out there although the sun is shining now

I have watched a bit of the stuff I downloaded but then it’s all been a bit Dunkirk spirit so too chatty. And lots and lots of announcements. So far my journey has been walk, car, train, tube, train, bus (aborted), train.

I was stuck in newton abbot. Now I’m stuck in Plymouth. But they have apparently found train crew and we should be going to Penzance soon.

Thank you for thinking of me! It is very very wet out there although the sun is shining now

I have watched a bit of the stuff I downloaded but then it’s all been a bit Dunkirk spirit so too chatty. And lots and lots of announcements. So far my journey has been walk, car, train, tube, train, bus (aborted), train.
I think we’re on the same train

The train I’m now on was held for our train so the crew had to go on their legal 30 min break. 😊
I imagine that's because other train staff will be unavailable because of the disruption across the network, but I'm glad you're slowly getting there.

It's totally pissing down in Brixton too!

Back
Top Bottom