Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What should I download to watch on a loooooong train journey?

Is this a bad time to point out that you could have flown from Gatwick to Newquay, on the 0950 this morning and been there in 1 hour and 20 mins, for the princely sum of £130 (return)? ;)
I did consider it but I’m 1.5 hours from Gatwick and Newquay is nearly 2 hours from where I’ve been in Cornwall. So not much quicker and a lot more expensive

That says, as my journey home is now being torpedoed by a landslide I’m now starting to think that trains are crap

I'm another one that would opt for a book ( printed version). However, if you want to opt for a film, the Lady Vanishes would appear an appropriate choice.

I did consider it but I’m 1.5 hours from Gatwick and Newquay is nearly 2 hours from where I’ve been in Cornwall. So not much quicker and a lot more expensive

That says, as my journey home is now being torpedoed by a landslide I’m now starting to think that trains are crap
Eek, hope you get home ok.
Don’t know about Cornwall but the rain is ridiculous in Dorset.

I find reading while on transport gives me quite bad motion sickness and a headache, so hurrah for devices that you can play all sorts of other media (films, TV, podcasts, audiobooks, music, radio etc.) on for a long journey!

Hey trashpony I don’t know if you already will have done but I’ve just remembered to claim on GWR Delay Repay for the delays on my journeys up and back. I’ve never bothered or got around to it before on delayed trains, and it was a minor faff, but only really took about 10 mins.

I find reading while on transport gives me quite bad motion sickness and a headache, so hurrah for devices that you can play all sorts of other media (films, TV, podcasts, audiobooks, music, radio etc.) on for a long journey!
I've always had this problem in cars and on buses but I'm fine on trains. That is, until the invention of the Pendolino... the combination of tilting and a faint smell of sewage is very triggering for motion sickness.

As a dyslexic I find it hard to read for long periods of time or I may just not fancy the book I have, so having a phone with a huge range of options makes travel so much better.

I really don't like the sneering attitude towards phone uses from some quarters.

Hey trashpony I don’t know if you already will have done but I’ve just remembered to claim on GWR Delay Repay for the delays on my journeys up and back. I’ve never bothered or got around to it before on delayed trains, and it was a minor faff, but only really took about 10 mins.
I have done but thank you! The Trainline who I booked my ticket through suggested I could get back £51! GWR have said £12.50. But better than nothing :)

Back
Top Bottom