Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Another firestick deal.

I dont want/need the firestrick bit, but am curious about Cinema HD - can run that through an android emulator i guess
however the reviews in google play store are really bad
stuff like this
CINEMAHD.png

Is that others experience?

Well Ive installed Cinema HD via Android emulator Bluestacks...
Loads of annoying long android apps that you cant close but searched for last three films ive watched - Spartacus, Barry Lyndon and Cannonball Run < none of them are on there. Searched for Dune just to see what comes up - only had the jodorowsky documentary (no Lynch and no new one) - clicked on it to see what it plays like - another really long android advert and then finally No Video Found

I dont think its very good

image_2021-11-07_095327.png

I ordered one. At the moment, if I want to watch catch up/Netflix/Amazon Prime, I attach my laptop to the TV with an HDMI cable. I suppose the Firestick will mean I don't have to do that. Does it come preloaded with apps, or do I have to do something with it? Also, does it work abroad? If I bring it with me to Turkey, will it work on a hotel TV?

Just get Netflix, it’s a lot easier :D
yeah my parents have got it, i use one of their spare passwords - dont watch it anyway tbh!
if one day theres a streaming service that has every DVD release on it a bit like Spotify has for CD releases Id be tempted to pay for that, but for now none of them really have what i like to watch. sticking with the odd torrent

I ordered one. At the moment, if I want to watch catch up/Netflix/Amazon Prime, I attach my laptop to the TV with an HDMI cable. I suppose the Firestick will mean I don't have to do that. Does it come preloaded with apps, or do I have to do something with it? Also, does it work abroad? If I bring it with me to Turkey, will it work on a hotel TV?
it only plugs into a TV (with an HDMI input), not a laptop/PC.
To plug it into a laptop you have to do some work around thing, buy a Capture Card and run it through OBS

misunderstood what you were asking!!

so yeah if the TV in Turkey has an HDMI input then it should?

Last edited:
Well Ive installed Cinema HD via Android emulator Bluestacks...
Loads of annoying long android apps that you cant close but searched for last three films ive watched - Spartacus, Barry Lyndon and Cannonball Run < none of them are on there. Searched for Dune just to see what comes up - only had the jodorowsky documentary (no Lynch and no new one) - clicked on it to see what it plays like - another really long android advert and then finally No Video Found

I dont think its very good

View attachment 295816

You're doing something wrong:

1636282225424.png

1636282295979.png

1636282329924.png

:confused:

It'll come pre-loaded with Amaxzon, Netflix, iPlayer, and other popular apps. If what you want isn't there you can access the app store and download them in a couple of clicks. Some apps (like Kodi and Cinema HD) aren't available there so you need to "side-load" them, as per the links on this thread. Yes, it should work abroad. MrCurry is in Sweden.

It'll come pre-loaded with Amaxzon, Netflix, iPlayer, and other popular apps. If what you want isn't there you can access the app store and download them in a couple of clicks. Some apps (like Kodi and Cinema HD) aren't available there so you need to "side-load" them, as per the links on this thread. Yes, it should work abroad. MrCurry is in Sweden.
That's great. But they need to be connected to wi-fi, right?

That's great. But they need to be connected to wi-fi, right?
You won’t be able to get the U.K. tv catchup services like iplayer, All4, ITV hub, etc working on a Firetv stick from abroad unless you use a vpn or dns proxy. I use smartdnsproxy.com which makes it look to the broadcasters servers as if I’m still in U.K.

Just get Netflix, it’s a lot easier :D

It sounds complicated but it really isn't. The whole set-up takes about 20 minutes and once it's done, it's done. If I can do it, anyone can. The trouble with Netflix and other streaming services is that you're restricted to their content. With these apps you can stream pretty much anything you can think of, and it's free.

any idea which of all the apps is actually bringing up those search results?
it doesnt seem to be Cinema HD for me - also Cinema HD interface looks different. Or the one i downloaded is

That’s the one I’m using. The Home Screen looks like this when I open it:

74E26172-C25F-4E06-BCE3-5CA1C8B12CD3.jpeg

in the top right it says The Movie DB - that seems to be a different app, available in google store Going to try that next :thumbs:

View attachment 295838
I just now got my Fire Stick 4K, have only installed Downloader, Debloater, Plex, Mullvad, Netflix and the Cinema HD app Spy linked to. This is how my screen looks when I open Cinema HD...

20211107_114915.jpg

... so no, you shouldn't need to install a different app.

I just now got my Fire Stick 4K, have only installed Downloader, Debloater, Plex, Mullvad, Netflix and the Cinema HD app Spy linked to. This is how my screen looks when I open Cinema HD...

View attachment 295845

... so no, you shouldn't need to install a different app.
sounds like its a combination of apps that makes that happen then...there must be one thats actually doing the streaming - i dont think its Cinema HD as ive described above - Move DB is jsut a database - I'll keep trying.

sounds like its a combination of apps that makes that happen then...there must be one thats actually doing the streaming - i dont think its Cinema HD as ive described above - Move DB is jsut a database - I'll keep trying.
Have you followed this address ?

None of those other apps I installed should make a difference really but here's what I did if you want to replicate it.

• Enabled installation from unknown sources and USB debugging in the Fire Stick settings
  • Installed Downloader
  • Installed debloater following the instructions here Firestick Debloat Tool v4 2021 (FireOS6 ONLY!) | TechDoctorUK then disabled everything (goodbye Alexa)
  • Installed Netflix
  • Installed Plex
  • Installed Mullvad (this isn't even working yet, won't generate a new Wireguard key so I'll get onto Mullvad support)
  • Installed Cinema HD following the instructions in the Troypoint link in post 7

I've seached for, found and was able to start watching all three of the films you were looking for so it seems like you've gone off-piste with the steps somewhere.

None of those other apps I installed should make a difference really but here's what I did if you want to replicate it.

• Enabled installation from unknown sources and USB debugging in the Fire Stick settings
  • Installed Downloader
  • Installed debloater following the instructions here Firestick Debloat Tool v4 2021 (FireOS6 ONLY!) | TechDoctorUK then disabled everything (goodbye Alexa)
  • Installed Netflix
  • Installed Plex
  • Installed Mullvad (this isn't even working yet, won't generate a new Wireguard key so I'll get onto Mullvad support)
  • Installed Cinema HD following the instructions in the Troypoint link in post 7

I've seached for, found and was able to start watching all three of the films you were looking for so it seems like you've gone off-piste with the steps somewhere.
Don’t think he is using a firestick as he is running bluestacks which normally is used on windows .

Thoughts so far:
  • It was worth the £27 just to be able to stream my torrents from my NAS without having to use an intermediary laptop.
  • Plex works flawlessly so far whereas using the PS3 was like pulling teeth.
  • Cinema HD looks to have a shitload of content you wouldn't find on public torrent trackers and would struggle to find some of it on private ones. Streams seem to be good quality with subs available. Some have the annoying "Brought 2 u by 1337TVhack0rzT3AM" type banners at the start but hopefully those don't keep popping up during playback. One film I tried to find was Hyena from 2014, quite hard to find a decent well seeded torrent (I bought it on DVD from ebay in the end). The first stream I tried on Cinema HD played Dune with Hyena subtitles :confused: but the second stream worked well. Sometimes have to dick around with different subs to find one that syncs to the audio properly.
  • The 4K stick is a million times more responsive than the old one my partner bought years ago.
  • VPN install looks to be easy.
  • I'll still be torrenting but this will be a good add-on for me and amazing for my partner who doesn't torrent.

A million thanks xsunnysuex and Spymaster for this.

Don’t think he is using a firestick as he is running bluestacks which normally is used on windows .
:oops:

Thoughts so far:
  • It was worth the £27 just to be able to stream my torrents from my NAS without having to use an intermediary laptop.
  • Plex works flawlessly so far whereas using the PS3 was like pulling teeth.
  • Cinema HD looks to have a shitload of content you wouldn't find on public torrent trackers and would struggle to find some of it on private ones. Streams seem to be good quality with subs available. Some have the annoying "Brought 2 u by 1337TVhack0rzT3AM" type banners at the start but hopefully those don't keep popping up during playback. One film I tried to find was Hyena from 2014, quite hard to find a decent well seeded torrent (I bought it on DVD from ebay in the end). The first stream I tried on Cinema HD played Dune with Hyena subtitles :confused: but the second stream worked well. Sometimes have to dick around with different subs to find one that syncs to the audio properly.
  • The 4K stick is a million times more responsive than the old one my partner bought years ago.
  • VPN install looks to be easy.
  • I'll still be torrenting but this will be a good add-on for me and amazing for my partner who doesn't torrent.

A million thanks xsunnysuex and Spymaster for this.

:oops:
Your very welcome! 😊

Some have the annoying "Brought 2 u by 1337TVhack0rzT3AM" type banners at the start but hopefully those don't keep popping up during playback. One film I tried to find was Hyena from 2014, quite hard to find a decent well seeded torrent (I bought it on DVD from ebay in the end). The first stream I tried on Cinema HD played Dune with Hyena

The banners go after a while. Sometimes they stick around a bit too long so I just click back and select another stream.

Subtitles can be a bit hit and miss. Again, just click back to find better ones. Also avoid steams that end with .ru. They're Russian and usually have cyrillic subtitles that you can't get rid of.

Back
Top Bottom