Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Andy Coulson arrested [now charged]

Mr Coulson, 44, was detained at his home in the Dulwich area of London at 06:30 by seven officers from Strathclyde Police.

Mr Coulson is being taken to Glasgow where he will be questioned

Never understand why they do this, why drag him all the way to Scotland, surely they could interview him in his own front room?

Never understand why they do this, why drag him all the way to Scotland, surely they could interview him in his own front room?

because he has been arrested so the interview has to follow official procedures and not as a nice natter over a cup of tea in somebody's front room

Same reason they pull you early in the morning. To rattle and disorentate you and get you scared and talking.

Yeah but after 8 hours in a police car going to Scotland surely the fear factor will have worn off somewhat?

because he has been arrested so the interview has to follow official procedures and not as a nice natter over a cup of tea in somebody's front room

There must be a pigsty they could use somewhere betweeen Dulwich and Glasgow? Seems like a massive faff and waste of cash.

And a bit of a fucker, whenever I've been nicked they turf me out after and I have to make mhy own way home, would be a tad peeved if they'd dragged me to another fucking country first.

Yeah but after 8 hours in a police car going to Scotland surely the fear factor will have worn off somewhat?

Quite the contrary. If you've been taken into custody regarding something serious you'll know that the interviewing police first stick you in a room either by yourself, or with someone reading the paper/ignoring you. They don't rush you into a room and start asking pertinent questions. Indeed with Coulson he'd be on to his lawyer straight away, and the 8 hours sitting on his tod in the car will have been ideal for the police.

There must be a pigsty they could use somewhere betweeen Dulwich and Glasgow? Seems like a massive faff and waste of cash.

Imagine being a Strathclyde copper...You'd jump at any opportunity for a bit of a holiday with London glamour what with the weather and all. You can imagine them drawing lots in the nick.

Why else do you think we're still sniffing round "I though nothing of it at the time...Though I did wonder why she wasn't allowed to talk and looked petrified" Portuguese cabbie driver types 5 or so years on

What's the difference between being "arrested" and being "detained"? Latter was what's the BBC kept using.

Back
Top Bottom