Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

And next, Syria?

Gotta take my hat off to Putin, he's one clever fucker. Makes you wonder if the chemical attack was all part of his master plan?

Putin: "Basher, I'd like you to use chemical weapons in your next massacre"
Assad: "Eh?! That's madness! We're winning, we don't need to use chemical weapons to massacre people, it'll just give the Yanks an excuse!"
Putin: "That's right, you don't need chemical weapons. America will threaten a military strike because of the chemical weapons so we'll simply hand them over (not like you need them anyway), then they'll not be able to make good their threat of military action and they'll even sell it as a victory mwu ha ha ha!"
Assad: "Oh Vlady you're such a genius! I can't wait to get back to massacring people without having to bother bout going the way of Saddam!"

Gotta take my hat off to Putin, he's one clever fucker. Makes you wonder if the chemical attack was all part of his master plan?..........
Interesting ;) you're starting to sound like a mirror image of Camouflage ;)

The one interesting thing about this agreement is that Russia's love of international law will hopefully be noted and any future "lapses" on the side of Russia regarding it's immediate neighbours will be dealt with in a way that the use of force becomes very difficult for Russia.
Not holding my breath mind.

Why isn't she talking about the opposition's atrocities exactly?

because shes from an insidious bunch of fucks called Human Rights Watch . Mouthpiece of Venezuelan fascists , CIA proxies in Cuba and US liberalism accross the globe . Click on their site and theres a full page ad for a petition to the Olympics against Russias hate laws, with a picture of someone with a bloody nose . Giving you the distinct impression its the law in Russia to beat gay people up in the street . As opposed to it being against the law to provide educational material, among other things, on homosexuality to minors in Russia . A law thats rarely ever even enforced . They twist the issue for political propaganda purposes very deliberately .

Youll see the same carry on in their appeals to the Mercosur bloc about the treatment dished out to Venezuelan fascists, not a single mention of the fascists killing people in the streets , burning down clinics and schools . Just complaints that peaceful protestors were arrested for no reason . And pointing out Maduro was only elected by a narrow margin..which has got absolutely fuck all to do with human rights issues and everything to do with delegitising the election result and Maduros presidency . Just as they were previously at it constantly with Chavez.
They have a serious amount of form going back years .

Last edited:
This might have been posted before: it's long but I think it's worth watching. The RT interviewer comes across well. Not so the Human Rights Watch bossman

thanks for posting that . Oksana Boiko is a first rate interviewer and she exposes their shitty agenda quite brilliantly .

Her interviews and Abby Martins opinion pieces are some of the best news content on telly at the minute .

Last edited:
Interesting ;) you're starting to sound like a mirror image of Camouflage ;)

The one interesting thing about this agreement is that Russia's love of international law will hopefully be noted and any future "lapses" on the side of Russia regarding it's immediate neighbours will be dealt with in a way that the use of force becomes very difficult for Russia.
Not holding my breath mind.

how many of its neighbours has Russia attacked since Putin came to power exactly .

because shes from an insidious bunch of fucks called Human Rights Watch . Mouthpiece of Venezuelan fascists , CIA proxies in Cuba and US liberalism accross the globe . Click on their site and theres a full page ad for a petition to the Olympics against Russias hate laws, with a picture of someone with a bloody nose . Giving you the distinct impression its the law in Russia to beat gay people up in the street . As opposed to it being against the law to provide educational material, among other things, on homosexuality to minors in Russia . A law thats rarely ever even enforced . They twist the issue for political propaganda purposes very deliberately .

Clause 28. Alright in Russia, then. Will be interesting to see how many of your Putin apologists like this post.

Last edited:
Clause 28. Alright in Russia, then. Will be interesting to see how many of your Putin apologists like this post.

feel free to point me towards HRWs campaign against Britain competing in the olympics or anything similar . The issue isnt whether you agree with that law or not . Its whether its an horrific breach of worldwide human rights . Which it isnt . Its a politically conservative country and thats pretty small beer . Compared to worldwide data mining and drone murders its fuck all .

feel free to point me towards HRWs campaign against Britain competing in the olympics or anything similar . The issue isnt whether you agree with that law or not . Its whether its an horrific breach of worldwide human rights . Which it isnt . Its a politically conservative country and thats pretty small beer . Compared to worldwide data mining and drone murders its fuck all .

Depends whether you're gay or not. At roughly 5% of the human population that's 350 million people. Small beer indeed.

as far as HRW is concerned its all about whether you are Russia or not . And its not even slightly illegal to be gay in Russia .

You're a political man. You understand the implications of the current Russian legislation. You are aware of the political ramifications on the streets for gay people. Why play it down? It's repressive and fundamentally repulsive.

You're a political man. You understand the implications of the current Russian legislation. You are aware of the political ramifications on the streets for gay people. Why play it down? It's repressive and fundamentally repulsive.
...but not really relevant to this thread.

how does just Al Qaeda and its associates having chemical weapons make it equal, exactly .

Al Q doesn't exist, as you well know. OBL is dead, Islamists on a quest to kill Assad is comparable to the Spanish Civil War. At least 80% of the opposition are Syrians fighting against a tyranical government. Vive la revolution.

I personally think that Putin's anti-gay laws are disgusting, just as similar laws introduced by Thatcher in Britain were, they don't belong in any civilised society. However, I'm also getting a little sick of the absolutely transparent exploitation of gay rights being used as a stick by the US and UK to beat other countries with.

When was the last time you heard the US or Britain grandstanding over the horrific, and far worse, situation faced by gay people in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain or post-coup Honduras?

The RT interviewer comes across well. Not so the Human Rights Watch bossman

hardly surprising as thats the guy whos agreed with his liberally mate Obama that secret CIA renditions are perfectly fine Human Rights wise, providing its the USA that does it .

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tom-hayden/cia-secret-rendition-poli_b_162916.html

And his bomb bomb bomb Syria stance is hardly a surprise given the vast sums pumped into HRW from Saudi Arabia . That also makes their anti Russian stance utterly laughable, given the punishment for being gay in Saudi Arabia involves having your head chopped off . Unlike Russia were its perfectly legal .

I personally think that Putin's anti-gay laws are disgusting, just as similar laws introduced by Thatcher in Britain were, they don't belong in any civilised society. However, I'm also getting a little sick of the absolutely transparent exploitation of gay rights being used as a stick by the US and UK to beat other countries with.

When was the last time you heard the US or Britain grandstanding over the horrific, and far worse, situation faced by gay people in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain or post-coup Honduras?

The abuse of gay rights are abhorent the world over. It's not the government's of the US and UK lambasting these countries, it is the populations of these countries showing their disgust.

Kerry reckoned that between 15% and 25% of the fighters in Syria were outsiders. I halved it.
And you don't think Kerry would say something like that if he wanted to create the impression it was a popular uprising, rather than an invasion of foreign-funded mercenaries?

The abuse of gay rights are abhorent the world over. It's not the government's of the US and UK lambasting these countries, it is the populations of these countries showing their disgust.

Nah, top level US and UK politicos including our own Prime Monster have been actively and publicly attacking Russia over this issue

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...nocks-putin-on-gay-rights-draws-big-response/
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/04/g20-summit-putin-gay-rights-russia-obama

Look at the countries of the G20. Given that Saudi Arabia executes people for being gay and in parts of Indonesia you can be imprisoned for being gay, does it really make sense to make an example of Russia's record on gay rights?

Clearly homophobic legislation is unacceptable anywhere, but the public lambasting of Russia over it, and the attempt to manufacture consent for a war on that basis, is just so nakedly insincere it should shame all of them.

the situation for gay people in Russia could be better, but without doubt theres still a thriving gay scene in Russia amidst a sea of prejudice and social conservatism . Its nowhere near as bad as western spokespersons make it out to be .
And cant even be compared to what goes on in Saudi Arabia, where HRW derives a lot of funding . Its on a different planet .

And you don't think Kerry would say something like that if he wanted to create the impression it was a popular uprising, rather than an invasion of foreign-funded mercenaries?

Have you been following the uprising in Sryia? Over the last 2 and a half years?

Back
Top Bottom