Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The next American Civil War

... I wouldn't have been surprised if the people invading the capitol had killed or severely injured some of the politicians they particularly abhorred....
Several people involved in j6 from both the proud boys and oath keepers have admitted that had they got their hands on pence/pelosi/aoc etc. they would have killed them. That revelation emerged in one of the earlier j6 hearings...

Don't know where else to put this video from the NYT. Here seems as appropriate a place as any.

The video discusses the efforts undertaken by MAGA and associated republicans to take over local and state political roles in key states in order to swing future elections the "right" way and "avenge 2020". I personally find it to be worrysome stuff but considering the NYT's penchant for hyperventilating, what do the US based posters think? Is this pretty much on the money? Worse than you feared? Or the NYT ginning up a threat that is present but not as bad as they claim? Or some other option?

Depending what the county make up is.
It maybe harmless cos play "Billy Bob and his mates are making sure George soros doesn't steal are vote, that boy was never right when he got back from iraq🙄.
Billy Bob want right before he went.🤣

If it's a contested county or ethically mixed an armed white militia at the polls is a lot more sinister. 🤬

Sarah Palin has been building up the idea again, a little too enthusiastically I think

I wonder if these MAGA gun nut types realise that they'll be going up against an actual trained army with air power.if they decide to have a civil war?

One of the things about a civil war is that militaries fracture, plus many trump supporters are military veterans
True but regards the supporters they mostly seem to be US 'Gravy' SEALS (fat fucks in wrap around shades who couldn't run away from the enemy never mind towards)

The Provies went up against an actual trained army with air power.
I see what you mean.

I suppose it depends on what type of war. I do like democracy in the 'least worst' type of government we've got way and the January 6th event was pretty disgusting. Also the lies and bullshit we got from Trump and his crew about it.

It's these cosplaying idiots with the horned hats who ended up causing 5 deaths that piss me off.

TBH I'd have thought those people are the least of the problem. The military, OTOH...
Oh definitely. Half the US military against the other half? That would be scary.

But I don't think the real power in the states would let it happen. Bad for profits. I remember Chomsky talking about the end of the Vietnam war being decided years before the marches and Kent state, etc. Similarly Nixon getting the shove for pissing off only half of real power in the states (Chomsky again).

I not sure how much leverage Trump has in this stuff. His poll numbers are excellent and he could win the next election. But civil war to save himself? Debatable.

There's actually a really good movie on this subject called Bushwick (2017). It's an action movie but the end is interesting.

Oh definitely. Half the US military against the other half? That would be scary.

But I don't think the real power in the states would let it happen. Bad for profits. I remember Chomsky talking about the end of the Vietnam war being decided years before the marches and Kent state, etc. Similarly Nixon getting the shove for pissing off only half of real power in the states (Chomsky again).

I not sure how much leverage Trump has in this stuff. His poll numbers are excellent and he could win the next election. But civil war to save himself? Debatable.

There's actually a really good movie on this subject called Bushwick (2017). It's an action movie but the end is interesting.
Interesting. I'll look out that movie.

I don't know how much power 'the real power' has when it comes down to commanding military units, let alone military individuals. There comes a point, doesn't there, where people decide the flow is going elsewhere. I don't know how that happens.

Pardon my ignorance, who is the real power in the States?

I see what you mean.

I suppose it depends on what type of war. I do like democracy in the 'least worst' type of government we've got way and the January 6th event was pretty disgusting. Also the lies and bullshit we got from Trump and his crew about it.

It's these cosplaying idiots with the horned hats who ended up causing 5 deaths that piss me off.

I think you might be having too a narrow definition of what a 'civil war' there might look like. I don't think anyone is suggesting some semi-conventional war with much of the US military and one side and a bunch of Trump supporters with rifles on the other facing off on a battlefield. As Idris2002 said plenty of smaller and poorly armed groupings have fought full military powered countries before for decades. It it happens the US it could fragment in a variety of ways, something like a small area going for territorial succession is possible, as is a larger attempt to seize overall power for the entire country like Jan 6th but on a larger scale, or just some nationwide upsurge in attacks on 'enemies of true democracy' or something if the election result is disputed. I think its unlikely, but far from impossible given the internal tensions of the US.

The 'It Could Happen Here' podcast on how an American Civil War might happen covers some of how a situation might develop to a point where it could be considered some kind of nationwide insurgency/civil war, and its pretty believable tbh.

True but regards the supporters they mostly seem to be US 'Gravy' SEALS (fat fucks in wrap around shades who couldn't run away from the enemy never mind towards)

Don't be too complacent having seen a few piss taking photos. There is a worringly large contingent of people that would broadly be on any far/alt right/nationalist libertarian side that own guns, has an idea about what to do, and is pretty open about being preparing for something like this. They are unlikely to take on the US military, they are very likely to take on the left and others they see as internal enemies to the US.

Last edited:

Just watched it. Pretty intense.

Back
Top Bottom