Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anarchism. 'Organisation'? 'Leadership'?

I don't really give a shit about getting rid of all people in positions of power, cos decisions need to be made and not everyone wants to make them anyway. I wouldn't personally. I just think our society is fucked up in how it rewards people. People caring for others like HCAs and nurses and foster carers and teachers should be paid a fuck load more and people working in offices a fuck load less cos I know which one is harder.

So that means that those who are willing to make the decisions in, say, banking deserve their multi-million pound bonuses just because of that willingness (which has been of such benefit to the world recently)?

And office workers should be paid less than they currently are because teachers and nurses should be paid more?

Please don't ever stand for Parliament.

Just like that.
Yep.

What-everybody?
Yep.

So that means that those who are willing to make the decisions in, say, banking deserve their multi-million pound bonuses just because of that willingness (which has been of such benefit to the world recently)?

And office workers should be paid less than they currently are because teachers and nurses should be paid more?

Please don't ever stand for Parliament.
What?

Coming for someone who recently said something along the lines that social housing and social welfare isn't such a big deal.
That don't make sense :confused:

What she fails to realise is, that for most people, work is always going to be mundane and routine, even for those in 'white collar' jobs that once upon a time had at least some perks involved. Those too are being eroded.
Work is always mundane, even the best jobs, that's why you get fucking paid :D So what? Want more from it then make an effort, just wanna get paid then fair enough. But to go on about how hard it is having no power or control in your work life sounds fuckin lame. Get some or get another job if your arsed. What do you do? Office work?

That don't make sense :confused:

Work is always mundane, even the best jobs, that's why you get fucking paid :D So what? Want more from it then make an effort, just wanna get paid then fair enough. But to go on about how hard it is having no power or control in your work life sounds fuckin lame. Get some or get another job if your arsed. What do you do? Office work?

It really ain't that easy for most people.

I never said just me, did I? Just fuck off you clueless druggie moron.
Well I'm talking about you, Captain Hurrah. You brought yourself up talking about how powerless you feel with your management and how you want to shoot there feet. I just don't have much time for people with these weird victim complexes who don't say or do owt. Take control FFS.

Lol at clueless druggie moron :D Tory crackhead wife is better.

Well I'm talking about you, Captain Hurrah. You brought yourself up talking about how powerless you feel with your management and how you want to shoot there feet. I just don't have much time for people with these weird victim complexes who don't say or do owt. Take control FFS.

Lol at clueless druggie moron :D Tory crackhead wife is better.

Stop whinging. Blasgsta can counsel you.

It's about all people. Should work be meaningful, useful, and fulfilling, or should it be mere toil with those who work having little or no say over any of it, and little in the way of enjoying the fruits of such a thing?

This is an interesting thread. Thank you, folks. I confess I never read threads with the word 'anarchism' in their title. That's mainly due to the fact that I don't fully understand the rationale behind anarchism and have never heard of a community/society/country functioning as an anarchy. Of course, I could be wrong about the latter purely due to my ignorance. It has been mentioned earlier on the thread that anarchism and communism are similar. Is this because neither is achieveable? I ask because in my limited understanding both are utopias. What I mean is that a community/society is bound to have disagreements and then what? what are they to do with those who don't go along with the majority? Reform them? or punish them? or kick them out? and who decides which way is fair?

I have to say that I largely agree with what LLETSA and Captain Hurrah have said. Incidentally, I think (I could be wrong) LLETSA is referring to BBC's reports by Paul Moss, I found the Belarus interviews also a bit pathetic. Captain Hurrah, have you ever considered FCO or British Council? Or they don't interest you?

*must read all threads*

This is an interesting thread. Thank you, folks. I confess I never read threads with the word 'anarchism' in their title. That's mainly due to the fact that I don't fully understand the rationale behind anarchism and have never heard of a community/society/country functioning as an anarchy. Of course, I could be wrong about the latter purely due to my ignorance. It has been mentioned earlier on the thread that anarchism and communism are similar. Is this because neither is achieveable? I ask because in my limited understanding both are utopias. What I mean is that a community/society is bound to have disagreements and then what? what are they to do with those who don't go along with the majority? Reform them? or punish them? or kick them out? and who decides which way is fair?

If you're genuinely interested this is a good place to start.
An Anarchist FAQ

It really is. Loads of people become self employed every day for the reason they don't wanna work for someone else.

How many new businesses fail? Not to mention that not everyone has access to the necessary capital. You're the fantasist here.

How many new businesses fail? Not to mention that not everyone has access to the necessary capital. You're the fantasist here.
More than one in 10 of us are. Not hard to get a trade or skill where you can be. Just some people like being told what to do *shrugs*
linky

LLETSA I don't watch oprah, so you tell me.

More than 1 in 10 are what? :confused: Your link doesn't work.

Say I wanted to train as an electrician. Who will pay for it? I ain't got any spare money. Who will apprentice me? I'm nearly 40.

Total la la land.

More than one in 10 of us are. Not hard to get a trade or skill where you can be. Just some people like being told what to do *shrugs*
http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=463

LLETSA I don't watch oprah, so you tell me.

Have you ever thought about setting yourself up as a life coach instead of confining your skills to dispensing simple minded 'advice' on here?

It doesn't matter if you watch Oprah or not, it's still Oprah-speak. What does 'take control of your life' actually mean for a start? You'll be using the word empower next.

Dunno why link don't work. It shows more than 1 in 10 people are self employed.

Jesus it really ain't hard to be self employed :D This don't bode well for a self organised anarchist future :D

Lletsa if you want life coaching I charge £50 an hour over skype ;)

Incidentally, I think (I could be wrong) LLETSA is referring to BBC's reports by Paul Moss, I found the Belarus interviews also a bit pathetic.

I think it probably was one of the same reports-I just turned the news on one evening and there it was. After all the experience of the 'colour' revolutions in the Soviet bloc being nothing other than swapping one bunch of gangsters for another, and still they're playing the game, expecting it to come right and the 'free-market' to suddenly flourish.

Jesus it really ain't hard to be self employed :D This don't bode well for a self organised anarchist future :D

It's got fuck all to do with "a self organised anarchist future". This is about access to capital - most people don't have it.

It's got fuck all to do with "a self organised anarchist future". This is about access to capital - most people don't have it.
I thought it was about working for ourselves instead of making a tiny percentage of the population richer. Is capital another word for money right? The more money people earn for themselves and don't give to the fuckin government to line there mates pockets the better. We earn it, they tax it, then they give it to there school mates via big contracts. Fuck em.

How do you know if it's hard or not being self-employed? And as if it's the answer to what CH was saying anyway. Most self-employment amounts to sinking all your savings into buying yourself a life no less mundane but usually more stressful than your old one-or going deeply into debt for the privilege of having no leisure time and no way out of the situation. The plumber we use says it's the worst move he ever made. (Luckily he's a good plumber.)

And as Blagsta says, most small businesses fail quickly even when you do all your homework. It's a complete lottery.

I thought it was about working for ourselves instead of making a tiny percentage of the population richer. Is capital another word for money right? The more money people earn for themselves and don't give to the fuckin government to line there mates pockets the better. We earn it, they tax it, then they give it to there school mates via big contracts. Fuck em.

Right, you don't use hospitals, schools, roads, libraries, street lights etc?

Before dishing out advice on how to live, perhaps it would be an idea to learn how to construct better sentences than 'is capital another word for money right?' and learning the difference between their and there.

Back
Top Bottom