Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tory Leadership contest 2022

I'm not sure that even thatcher would have had mogg or dorries in her cabinet.
If Rishi Sunak banishes Jacob Rees Mogg to the backbenches, pending ejection from his seat at the next election, then the scales of justice on judgement day will be evenly weighted, no matter what else Sunak has done or ever will do.

I thought I was a couple of years older than Rees-Mogg. Just checked, he's several years older than me.

This pleases me for some reason.

If anything, Patel spent so much energy tilting at windmills (the Rwanda thing is horrible, but no-one has been sent there) that she did dless actual damage than Javid or May. As a rule of thumb, competent Tories are a lot scarier than incompetent loons (not suggesting May was competent though).
Idk. One of Patel’s legacies is pushing through the law that gives massively increased power to whoever is home sec next, to criminalise anyone attending a protest they don’t like the sound of amongst other things. That’s not a windmill.
In general I’m just not into the old refrain of ‘they’re all the same all as bad as eachother ’, feels complacent and kind of naïve.

Nah, he really wanted the job back.

Whether he would want it after a defeat in 2024, I don't know. Part of him, the egotistical bit - which is the only bit there is - would want a triumphal return, being summoned from the wilderness and all that. But whether he'd want 5 years hard slog as leader of the opposition, is another thing entirely.
he can have five years hard slog whenever he wants, either on the south atlantic friendship bridge or the drainage of falkland sound.

Idk. One of Patel’s legacies is pushing through the law that gives massively increased power to whoever is home sec next, to criminalise anyone attending a protest they don’t like the sound of amongst other things. That’s not a windmill.
In general I’m just not into the old refrain of ‘they’re all the same all as bad as eachother ’, feels complacent and kind of naïve.
And with the exception of Rwanda (which I would guess the Tories will now quietly drop anyway), Starmer this morning committed to the tories' immigration policy more or less unchanged. :(

Your wrong in thinking these people are any worse than the rest of the Tories (or most of the Labour party for that matter).

Spot on. We’re about to see the richest man ever to sit as an MP become PM. Then he and his multi millionaire chancellor will announce a package of spending cuts, attacks on the organised working class and poor and the restoration of a Treasury orthodoxy that has reigned for 45 years.

I thought his dad was an MP. I seem to have filed all double-barrelled twits in the same part of my brain and confused him with Selwyn-Gummer.
Editor of the Telegraph from memory.
Edit.. Times.

Last edited:
One of Mourdants backers on Sky news still saying she has the numbers
She's running out of time to withdraw and get a tob job.

Anyway I'd love to see johnson's face if she did get through and the loonocracy of the membership voted her in.

Back
Top Bottom