Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
So people are going around dressed like this

costumes.jpg

...roleplaying racists?

Human beings are so weird

See, their is nothing intrisicaly wrong with the steampunk aesthetic, it's actuall quite cool when don correct. Look to my man in the corner there. He is holding what looks like a minigun machine thing. He is done out in dapper apparel. Why not?

some of is bredrins there, dear o dear. No.

the point of steampunk as a literary aesthetic is great, the dressing up-well. Observe.

Theres also loads of values associated with steampunk as a lit thing that don't sit right with me when it is done crass- there has been a rash of amerian authours in the last 4 years pumping out this stuff, neo scifi, often just the dressings without for an instance looking at what sort of society would produce it. lazy shit tbf.

em. rambling. just have a slight annoyance with the genre that does not wish to aknowledge the harsh realities /dc

Froggie, just interested to know how you knew that was a minigun, not everyone would, do you play games?

btw, brutal weapon, a relly of mine is a gunner using one in the Navy.

its got lots of barrels but having lots of them does not mean its a minigun.

In steampunk world it could be a load of rifles welded together and linked to a single trigger

or a gatling*, possibly...

*I know that a minigun is basically a small gatling but it would be in keeping with the general tech ethos of the period to call it a gatling ;)

See, their is nothing intrisicaly wrong with the steampunk aesthetic, it's actuall quite cool when don correct. Look to my man in the corner there. He is holding what looks like a minigun machine thing. He is done out in dapper apparel. Why not?

some of is bredrins there, dear o dear. No.

the point of steampunk as a literary aesthetic is great, the dressing up-well. Observe.

Theres also loads of values associated with steampunk as a lit thing that don't sit right with me when it is done crass- there has been a rash of amerian authours in the last 4 years pumping out this stuff, neo scifi, often just the dressings without for an instance looking at what sort of society would produce it. lazy shit tbf.

em. rambling. just have a slight annoyance with the genre that does not wish to aknowledge the harsh realities /dc

wrong. 'steampunk' is rubbish.

Anna Chen aka Madame Miaow has performed steampunk - alternative history to describe successful Chinese resistance to western imperialism.

405506_353565141329159_349902135028793_1420126_877042491_n.jpg

Anna-LordP-SirJM-02-800.jpg

Anna Chen in action.

Aren't the gas masks a bit weird?
t1larg.steampunks.jpg

IMG_5366.jpg

Even Batman can be 19th century-ified

tumblr_m7dg88WVzF1qbxnc9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom