Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
sihhi said:
Privilege means your rightness is reinforced often, and more women like me need to have their wrongness shown the hell up."

Is it me or is this quite creepy? Not the sort of message that young women should be receiving imo

If by "best" you mean "using special effects most closely resembling those from Thunderbirds", then yes, certainly

All of those effects were done on a species of Amiga - an effective and oddly-lit strike against the tyranny of the PC, and one that should be applauded on this thread.

Someone translate?
Yorktown's some battle in the American Revolutionary War IIRC. The bit about the unfinished bourgeois revolution is testament to how even a very pricey education can leave you woefully ignorant. One might think that executing the king, then the Glorious Revolution a few decades later might count, but not to a pseudo-radical who when you scratch the surface still buys into many of the US's founding myths. Or makes crap jokes but let's not let that stand in the way of a rant.

Okay but he didn't block me. Am I not important enough? Is it because I'm an oppressed young woman who just needs to be educated? I guess we'll just never know.
I'm not even from the UK, I'm just on rostered twitter machine duty, but that's not the worst of it; by blocking PD, he has given a de facto 'talk to the hand' gesture to the intergalactic working class.

someone on twitter who i normally quite like is going on about ex forces people being scum :rolleyes:
:facepalm: Ugly.

Someone I normally quite like on twitter tweeted today that she was really happy to be having a girl because she already has 2 little soldiers...what's with militarising a pair of young children ffs :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom