Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there must be something Laurie can do about this lack of wadical literary and journalistic initiatives in London (what about the rest of the country Laurie, are we not edgy and important enough to matter?) she seems to upset about but I just can't think what that might be. What could a well connected young journo with a massive social network of wadicals and journalists do to overcome a lack of wadical journalistic initiatives? It's a complete mystery.

Oh, hang on, no it's not - fucking start one yourself if it's so important :mad:

I've changed my mind, pretty certain now that she deliberately conflates criticism of her with systemic sexism.

I'd love to be able to swan off to New York and slag my fellow radicals (sorry, cantankerous middle aged men) off via twitter every time I dont get my own way on here :(

I'm guessing you've not seen this little exchange yet:

@ChrisJDavies @pennyred ain't you cosmopolitan sneering at the UK you international jet setters

ChrisJDavies@ChrisJDavies 36m
@pasparakis @PennyRed So flying abroad is elitist. In 2013. Riiiight. Any other 'cosmopolitan' affectations? Refrigeration? Roads? Literacy?

Yes, that really was his reply - not being able to afford to fly to the US is comparable to being illiterate and having no access to roads or refrigeration. I mean, it's 2013 ffs! Everybody does it.

I'm guessing you've not seen this little exchange yet:

@ChrisJDavies @pennyred ain't you cosmopolitan sneering at the UK you international jet setters

ChrisJDavies@ChrisJDavies 36m
@pasparakis @PennyRed So flying abroad is elitist. In 2013. Riiiight. Any other 'cosmopolitan' affectations? Refrigeration? Roads? Literacy?

Yes, that really was his reply - not being able to afford to fly to the US is comparable to being illiterate and having no access to roads or refrigeration. I mean, it's 2013 ffs! Everybody does it.

I wonder if this person realises which group of people in this country has the highest rate of illiteracy. Or just ignore me, because clearly, not being able to read is some quaint 19th century thing. My bad.

ive just googled the woman...wtf is with the flock of seagulls hairdo..sorry thats barnet to you people
The 80s were horrific enough, we dont need reminding .

Being disciplined by the wider movement = run away, i'm not subject to their laws. All so predictable and sordid now.

I think I'm starting to see how Laurie's mind works. Whereas we normals see a perfectly reasonable statement here, one that criticises her for fucking off to the US because the people she professes to speak for try and hold her to account, she'll see something completely different.

She'll see:

A tirade of misogynistic abuse = seek solace in progressive new york - I don't have to take orders from middle aged male normals*. All so typically female and hysterical.

*even if they're young women they're de-facto middle aged male normals due to posting on Urban.

violet-elizabeth-bott.jpg

What kind of thing would get me banned from twitter? Going on there winds me up and I end up trolling the trolls - it's really not healthy. But I know that unless I'm banned I'll keep going back, I can't do it voluntarily :(

That's where this comes in handy:
pd-privilege.jpg

Courtesy of Proletarian Democracy. Winner gets to speak first :D

Anticipating divisions along immigrant or non-white men against white women - Occupy Richmond Virginia chair said 'white men, even white women' - here it is in action:

sunnyc.jpg

If any of the info about the two are wrong please change or correct it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom