Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like him normally but found him really irritating in that, almost a transphobic caricature

I have only seen the trailer but he instantly reminded me of...

He is a good looking woman is wor Murphy.

C86q3.jpg

Harry Haller said:
Personal decline? I haven't stopped washing or eating or anything.

Have you ever thought that you might take some stuff a bit too seriously?

Yes I have. Now this thing where you say the same thing over and over?

I used to have nightmare about Bryan Ferry when I was a kid.

I thought he looked very suave for the first three albums, so much so I was lying in bed with a woman who I had met and she asked me 'who would you want to be if you weren't you' and I said somewhat naively ' I wish I was Bryan ferry' and she said 'so do I .'

I thought to myself 'she's a bit odd wanting to be a bloke.'

Then five years later it clicked one night in the pub.

I thought he looked very suave for the first three albums, so much so I was lying in bed with a woman who I had met and she asked me 'who would you want to be if you weren't you' and I said somewhat naively ' I wish I was Bryan ferry' and she said 'so do I .'

I thought to myself 'she's a bit odd wanting to be a bloke.'

Then five years later it clicked one night in the pub.
:D

The woman in the picture is presumably Russian. I saw a documentary not that long ago about how hard life is for most working class people in Russia, with the near total collapse of a lot of the welfare state, with whole towns and villages been reduced to a handful of people. Along with this has been a huge rise in alcholism.

A hard life does take it's toll, as someone said above. I'm not sure how funny it is putting a picture like that up and taking the piss out of them is.

The woman in the picture is presumably Russian. I saw a documentary not that long ago about how hard life is for most working class people in Russia, with the near total collapse of a lot of the welfare state, with whole towns and villages been reduced to a handful of people. Along with this has been a huge rise in alcholism.

A hard life does take it's toll, as someone said above. I'm not sure how funny it is putting a picture like that up and taking the piss out of them is.

fuck off you miserable cunt

*and for what it's worth Tim Curry is not a Russian woman

One more weekend of forcing myself do a false log-in about stuff that no one cares about so i can tell them that i don't care about them not caring about it. I don't know why i bother sometimes.

One_Stop_Shop said:

You're right; I've removed it. And I apologise.

Whilst it wasn't posted with malice, it doesn't behove a man who has had the privilege of a lifetime of NHS dental care to mock the teeth of a worker who has not.

A nudge from someone effectively saying "you might want to rethink that" seems a sensible way to deal it. Contrast that to the all too frequent screams of "check your privilege" that some would have employed. And then used to avoid engaging in debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom