Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, she's not a self-declared leftist, hence very different from Owen Jones, Laurie Penny, Jonny Marbles, Ellie Mae O'Hagan, Zoe Stavri, George Monbiot etc who, in different ways, do call for total social change and a non-class society.

Caitlin Moran said:
I don’t campaign for the end of the aristocracy or the upper classes; I don’t really want to destroy anything at all. I just want more plurality. You just have to make sure that everyone — because things would get fucking boring if it’s the same shit as the past 10,000 years. I mean, you genuinely can’t tell the difference between white, middle-class straight men’s faces. You could put like 50 of them in a room and unless they’ve got interesting facial scars or are wearing a distinctive hat, I could not tell you the difference among any of them. They all just look the same.

And so is even less likely to read this thread compared to LP.

Owen Jones comparing himself to gulaged RSDLPers .

"Owen Jones ‏@OwenJones84
@tofuturehumans @WailQ I was accused of being an oppressor. This is how Stalinists attacked left-reformists in the Third Period era."

Do people here find Jonny Marbles funny?

Anarchist Zoe Stavri attacking present-day coordinated letter-writing, suggesting that letter-writing worked in the past:
http://www.newstatesman.com/voices/2012/12/standing-opposition-dominance-privilege

Handing in a coordinated written open letter, plus signatories, here:
http://unlockdemocracy.org.uk/blog/entry/8000-supporters-say-no-to-more-expenses-scandals

No wonder hardly anyone/noone takes anarchism seriously, having said that Owen Jones, Helen Lewis, Johnny Marbles and George Monbiot are far worse.

So these people aren't so much "anarchists" as they are "social democrats who like calling themselves something edgy". :facepalm:

What a bunch of entitled cunts! :facepalm:

this caitlin moran clusterfuck sounds like it could be a fun read, but it's very difficult to follow twitter sensations after the fact. anyone do me a short precis? :)

caitlin.jpg

A Marxist, eh.

this caitlin moran clusterfuck sounds like it could be a fun read, but it's very difficult to follow twitter sensations after the fact. anyone do me a short precis? :)
She wrote an article in the times but most of it was behind the paywall. The only bit visible was a paragraph taken out of context and a huge bunfight has ensued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom