Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he not? Looked like it to me. He proposed replacing staff with robots, but then 'clarified' by saying he meant the managers, but that wouldn't make sense.

And he's well known for making perfect sense all of the time, and never making misjudged attempts at comedy.

Owen Jones comparing himself to gulaged RSDLPers .

"Owen Jones ‏@OwenJones84
@tofuturehumans @WailQ I was accused of being an oppressor. This is how Stalinists attacked left-reformists in the Third Period era."

Do people here find Jonny Marbles funny?

Anarchist Zoe Stavri attacking present-day coordinated letter-writing, suggesting that letter-writing worked in the past:
http://www.newstatesman.com/voices/2012/12/standing-opposition-dominance-privilege
It doesn’t help that the tactics which may have historically worked - the marches, the
boycotts, the coordinated letter-writing campaigns - don’t really work so well any more, as
time marches on and the system develops resilience to these approaches. As it stands, those
in power are comfortably conserving their social order, and making themselves a little more
comfortable at the expense of everyone else. This must be opposed. All of it. Yet by avoiding
checking our own privilege, the best possible outcome is that the social order will continue
to be conserved, with those at the top taking less from everyone else.

Handing in a coordinated written open letter, plus signatories, here:
http://unlockdemocracy.org.uk/blog/entry/8000-supporters-say-no-to-more-expenses-scandals
On Friday, we wrote an open letter to John Bercow, asking him to avoid a return to the
bad old days of expenses scandals. We were concerned, because it felt like it was Groundhog
Day, with John Bercow looking set to repeat the mistakes of his predecessor by seeking to
prevent the disclosure of expenses information about who MPs were renting from. 8,147 of you
agreed with us, and co-signed our letter, which we delivered to Parliament today. The public
response from you, our supporters, has been absolutely phenomenal.

No wonder hardly anyone/noone takes anarchism seriously, having said that Owen Jones, Helen Lewis, Johnny Marbles and George Monbiot are far worse.

Johnny Marbles? Isn't he an anarchist? Y'know the guy who pied murdoch in the face.

Yes that's him Jonnie Marbles is the correct spelling, actually name is Jonathan May-Bowles.

He is a comedian and does stuff like the UK Uncut stand up on the big London marches:

marbles.jpg

just as Johann Hari did:

5568989929_48e3422a3d_z.jpg

I thought you had more nous than that :D

I really wish it weren't so.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine being stuck in a room listening to very plummy voices going on and on and on about each other's privilige, about which words are allowed, subdividing the world into ever smaller autonomous communities until every individual idiosyncrasy is consdered a form of privilige, abuse or direct oppression, forever.

I really wish it weren't so.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine being stuck in a room listening to very plummy voices going on and on and on about each other's privilige, about which words are allowed, subdividing the world into ever smaller autonomous communities until every individual idiosyncrasy constitutes is consdered a form of privilige, abuse or direct oppression, forever.
Thankfully I can avoid all that for the most part, and consider this thread an occasional dose of masochism.

Johnny Marbles? Isn't he an anarchist? Y'know the guy who pied murdoch in the face.

Jonnie Marbles, the anarchist. Who's response to the tube strikes was "overpaid bastards, they should automate it all with robots, imagine a robot boris" or something like that. You could smell nothing but burning rubber as he back peddled that one.

He's occasionally funny but mostly a prick.

I guess their heart is in it.... :-\

This picture does make me laugh though, the look on his face :D

jonnie-marbles.jpg

Jonnie Marbles, the anarchist. Who's response to the tube strikes was "overpaid bastards, they should automate it all with robots, imagine a robot boris" or something like that. You could smell nothing but burning rubber as he back peddled that one.

He's occasionally funny but mostly a prick.

I guess their heart is in it.... :-\

This picture does make me laugh though, the look on his face :D

jonnie-marbles.jpg
What did he get for the pie incident? I can't remember.

Please stop being rude about Caitlin Moran's appearance.
Before we are all pilloried for sexism here is Oxbridge former head of NUS 'Brownite' Wes Streeting, now a Labour councillor in Redbridge, explaining how radical he is:

@Marshajane @owenjones84 I'm a radical at heart. I've had a good few days of my mum evangelising about Marx, Cuba and democracy.

https://twitter.com/wesstreeting/status/285410773323350017

Please stop being rude about Caitlin Moran's appearance.
Before we are all pilloried for sexism here is Oxbridge former head of NUS 'Brownite' Wes Streeting, now a Labour councillor in Redbridge, explaining how radical he is:

https://twitter.com/wesstreeting/status/285410773323350017

It's obviously her camera pose, everyone has one. Hers is just as radical as she is. ;)

Caitlin if you're reading this, keep it shut, you'll swallow a fly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom