Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched that video with David Starkey. My God, what a hideous woman! The rest of the people in her school must have been pretty stupid if she was one of the brightest.

I find that vid well painfull to watch. On the one hand Starkey is a massive cunt and a frog faced traitor to his roots- but penny is the bigger dick in this exchange.

painful stuff

If I had the time to dig back through the thread to when it was first posted and check I would, but as I remember it someone on here found the article and then posted it on here I find that rather creepy, and to put it up agin when she turned up on the thread was really silly thing to do it was bound to freak her out, it would me.

In place of an argument, you can use the words 'creepy' and 'stalkery' for added emphasis... :rolleyes:

If I had the time to dig back through the thread to when it was first posted and check I would, but as I remember it someone on here found the article and then posted it on here I find that rather creepy, and to put it up agin when she turned up on the thread was really silly thing to do it was bound to freak her out, it would me.
I suggest that next time you do bother to go and check - you may well find a very different scenario than the one came up with. I've just explained why it was originally linked to and that you appear to have entirely missed the context, missed what it was intended to highlight, and so missed what actually happened. And your response to that is to say that you couldn't be bothered to check before posting, you can't be bothered to check now after clarification is offered - but nonetheless you and you impressions are correct. (And i'm on here about the original link - as you were).

Now we see the violence inherent in the system... :mad:

(is what she so nearly said in that debate with Starkey - it's a pity she didn't, really)

I find that rather creepy, and to put it up agin when she turned up on the thread was really silly thing to do it was bound to freak her out, it would me.

TBF I would be taken back somewhat. She only just got over the fact there was a thread 208 pages long on a forum full of fake lefties talking about her toilet habits.

I actually have a lot of sympathy for ayatollah's position there - I think the IWCA's use of "multiculturalism" is confusing and unhelpful in a lot of ways, and if I'd come across it outside of the context of Urban I'd be a lot more suspicious than I am.

I suggest that next time you do bother to go and check - you may well find a very different scenario than the one came up with. I've just explained why it was originally linked to and that you appear to have entirely missed the context, missed what it was intended to highlight, and so missed what actually happened. And your response to that is to say that you couldn't be bothered to check before posting, you can't be bothered to check now after clarification is offered - but nonetheless you and you impressions are correct. (And i'm on here about the original link - as you were).
So it was not a poster on here that found the article and they did not post it on here? Which is all I have climed

In place of an argument you just make shit up.

Where is that then muppet?

You have yet to address yourself to the substance of what is being discussed. You react in exactly the same way as the little ingenue does, which suggests that you are cut from the same cloth, up to and including including over-employment of the 'creepy' word... you fucking creep! :D

I actually have a lot of sympathy for ayatollah's position there - I think the IWCA's use of "multiculturalism" is confusing and unhelpful in a lot of ways, and if I'd come across it outside of the context of Urban I'd be a lot more suspicious than I am.
She had a few months previously been talking directly to Kenan Malik about his own well known criticisms of multi-culturalism that shares some significant crossover with that the article she condemned as racist. Her dismissal was not based on the content of the IWCA's criticisms, nor her warm response to similar ones from Malik - but on who they came from.

I was suspicious too when I first came across it. Then I read it and thought about it and changed my opinion. I think the worst that can be levelled at the article is maybe *ahem* cultural insensitivity.

*ducks*

Regardless LP should know about the IWCA, given her position. You're ambiguous about it, she flat out yelled racist (then later, once she read it, sexist too).

The article had been posted much earlier on the thread, the reason why I quoted it when she turned up here was not to freak her out, it was to clarify if it actually was her before then using the information contained in it to show how she had lied about her past in an article for the independent this year. The reason I posted it was to make sure it was her before using that information, i.e. so that I didn't accuse her of doing something she wasn't guilty off, to ensure I had all the correct information before accusing her of something (and all this is clear from the post itself) - this is something she could do with doing (i.e. checking her facts) before accusing others of stuff

Why not start a thread specifically on MULTICULTURALISM where the Ayatollah can educate us?

So it was not a poster on here that found the article and they did not post it on here? Which is all I have climed
No - it's not all you have claimed at all. You claimed a series of motivations for the link being posted, which in turn revealed that you actually had no idea of why it was posted, and so have either ignored or misread a whole series of important contextual pointers. Lazy.

And if you were suspicious, you might read even more carefully. She didn't read it at all. And let's not forget that the IWCA branding's on the link; it doesn't immediately stand out as a fash site does it?

You have yet to address yourself to the substance of what is being discussed. You react in exactly thes ame way as the little ingenue does, which suggests that you are cut from the same cloth, up to and including including overemployment of the 'creepy' word... you fucking creep! :D
I'll give you a clue try reading the post you quoted and then try reading what words you said I used. As for the rest of it it;s a joke I am probably from one of the poorest backgounds and one of the mores poorly paid people posting on here.

I'll give you a clue try reading the post you quoted and then try reading what words you said I used. As for the rest of it it;s a joke I am probably from one of the poorest backgounds and one of the mores poorly paid people posting on here.

Fuck off and read the posts that you should have before you jumped in to defend Dave.

You said 'creepy' - again - I suggested that you might add 'stalkery' as well for extra emphasis.

Awe there there diddums, I was so poor it was 7 to a kilt in my family too...

Getting your privilege check in first I see... :D

in fairness, most people see a criticism of multiculturalism as ray cyst unless they look at the analysis. Which just goes to show you can't read a title of a link and make judge cos else you end up making a cunt out of yourself

I think there probably is something to that to be honest. But it just shows how detached she is from the world the rest of us (except AYATOLLAH) inhabit. This is gonna sound a bit prolier than thou and cliched but I hear people moaning about multiculturalism all the time when I'm in the pub, at the match or whatever, and just to add in a bit of trottery when I'm on a stall. A lot of the people who come out with it are racist and are using it as a euphemism for brown people living here. But a lot of them are not - a lot really are talking about the exact same thing as the IWCA. They're talking about resources being allocated along ethnic lines, often via unelected 'community leaders' who in reality don't represent ordinary people whose parents happen to have migrated from the same country.

Now, there's two ways we can deal with this. We can just preach to them about WACISM like you would to a 12 year old, but this means alienating people who could otherwise be won over by the left, maybe even driving them closer to the far right. Or we can talk treat them like adults, and find out what the actual issues are behind what they're saying and if it turns out they are racist fuck them off, or if it turns out they're not racist you might even get somewhere.

Which one of these options is more effective politically I wonder?

No - it's not all you have claimed at all. You claimed a series of motivations for the link being posted, which in turn revealed that you actually had no idea of why it was posted, and so have either ignored or misread a whole series of important contextual pointers. Lazy.
Seriously what are you on about 'claimed a series of motivations' :D I just said I though it was a creepy thing to do and that it would freak anybody out to come across it.

You have yet to address yourself to the substance of what is being discussed. You react in exactly the same way as the little ingenue does, which suggests that you are cut from the same cloth, up to and including including over-employment of the 'creepy' word... you fucking creep! :D

Emany is saying if they were LP, they've have found that creepy too. That's all.

It's intent isn't meant to be creepy but it would be - just as it would be to find this thread.

Let's get one thing straight, there was no exchange where anyone said 'multiculturalism' is bad and expected her to understand the word multiculturalism in a way that she may not currently understand it as

She was sent a link (in response to her unconditional support of identity politics) which contained not a particularly lengthy (4,000 words) intelligent dissection of what state/top down multiculturalism, in practice, actually means for progressive/working class politics. Anyone who read the article could in no way be confused about where it was coming from, what it was arguing for (and against) and whether it was a progressive or reactionary viewpoint

She chose not to engage with the text or argument, but instead to lash out without reading either

Seriously what are you on about 'claimed a series of motivations' :D I just said I though it was a creepy thing to do and that it would freak anybody out to come across it.
Here:

I found digging up an old local newspaper story about her school grades really creepy, that would freak anyone out.

Digging up carries clear implications - which you go on to intensify with creepy. Can you really not see what you're saying here?

Emany is saying if they were LP, they've have found that creepy too. That's all.

It's intent isn't meant to be creepy but it would be - just as it would be to find this thread.
Exactly there is no really substance here, my post had no deeper meaning to it than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom