Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm going to regret saying this, but I don't actually think that it's particularly surprising or wildly unreasonable that L. Penny is hostile to anyone associated with this thread. She really does get a huge amount of unjustified (and often misogynist) abuse online, which is necessarily going to make anyone defensive and/or uninterested in engaging with the content of online criticism. And even leaving that aside, if I came across a thread online with 8,000 comments about what a dickhead I am, I'm pretty sure I'd sulk about it too. Even if thousands of those critical points were fully justified.

I know I'm going to regret saying this, but I don't actually think that it's particularly surprising or wildly unreasonable that L. Penny is hostile to anyone associated with this thread. She really does get a huge amount of unjustified (and often misogynist) abuse online, which is necessarily going to make anyone defensive and/or uninterested in engaging with the content of online criticism. And even leaving that aside, if I came across a thread online with 8,000 comments about what a dickhead I am, I'm pretty sure I'd sulk about it too. Even if thousands of those critical points were fully justified.
Do you regret it now?

Stromfront have called here turban75 for nigh on a decade

so i had a little search to see what they say about us. this was my favourite.

"Yes, its a jew run site, the bloke that owns it is a 'Welsh' jew as are at least two moderators. They instantly ban anyone who questions their 'politics'.

It claims to be an anarchist protest site, in reality its a money making opportunity, the jew who runs it uses it as an advert for himself and in the process gets lots of work from various bluechip companies including BP and the BBC doing their web design.

They also have a disturbing amount of new breed pc cops who agree with their pro-drugs, blacks can do no wrong, type views."

This is an odd sort of influence:

Parish councilor says blocking people on Twitter isn't always the best policy as they may have a point and they're engaging you.

Another councillor and cabinet member replies: "Hate people who block you!"

Third person add LP to the conversation saying she has started blocking people due to bad experiences.

Cabinet member immediately backtracks, "well maybe hate was a strong word but it does highly irritate me!"

https://twitter.com/Baz_k/status/281786632137494528

Why would adding LP to the conversation cause an immediately climb down from a view held a politician? Very odd, they usually never back down.

"Yes, its a jew run site, the bloke that owns it is a 'Welsh' jew as are at least two moderators. They instantly ban anyone who questions their 'politics'.

It claims to be an anarchist protest site, in reality its a money making opportunity, the jew who runs it uses it as an advert for himself and in the process gets lots of work from various bluechip companies including BP and the BBC doing their web design.

They also have a disturbing amount of new breed pc cops who agree with their pro-drugs, blacks can do no wrong, type views."

Not only Jews, but Welsh fcuking Jews!!! :D

You cunting fucking cunt etc :mad:

I suspect that the racist nonsense came from a quick glance at the IWCA article, or possibly just its title, followed up by a silly refusal to back down when arguing with people she has pretty understandable reason to feel attacked by. Or, perhaps I'm being soft and she really does think, from an American-liberal-identity-politics sort of direction, that criticism of state-multiculturalism is automatically racist.

I suspect that the racist nonsense came from a quick glance at the IWCA article, or possibly just its title, followed up by a silly refusal to back down when arguing with people she has pretty understandable reason to feel attacked by. Or, perhaps I'm being soft and she really does think, from an American-liberal-identity-politics sort of direction, that criticism of state-multiculturalism is automatically racist.

Probably both.

Curiosity got the better of me so I had a look at her Twitter feed, fuckin 'ell what an endless amount of drivel she posts.

No guesses as to who tweeted this...

Personally, I've loved a lot of young men who have felt lost, unsure of their role. Not one of them has gone on to shoot up a school.
Particularly interested to hear from young men on this question. If you'd prefer to email me in private, it's laurie.penny@gmail.com
Is she looking to correspond with a potential mass murderer, or is she just after a new boyfriend?

"If you have the stomach for it, google something like "Laurie Penny hate".
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jakewallissimons/100195117/in-defence-of-laurie-penny/

Okay.

SHM0K.jpg

Of the top seven results, LP's Wikipedia, LP's old blog, an article written by LP, and the above quoted Telegraph article. Of the three remaining top results, one is notably entitled 'I hate Laurie Penny', in which the author explains, "The thing I hate most about Laurie Penny is in fact, nothing to do with her, obviously. It’s hating being misrepresented."
It's stomach churning, a comment on one of LP's own articles even states, "I don't hate many people, but Laurie Penny truly does get on my nerves."

Wow. A Welsh Jew?
*checks contents of underpants
No pretty sure that's not me.

I must have forgotten about the BP work too - maybe that was happening when I was playing for Goya Music? Crazy days, for sure.

I remember that some years ago, spineless little fuckwits on that ARRSE site took exception to a thread here that I hadn't even seen (let alone participated in) and decided to get their own back by writing to all my clients to tell them that I supported the cold blooded murder of 'our boys' or some such nonsense.

Still, ever since I became a web tycoon things have worked out fine, although I am still under growing pressure every day to apologise to Boris.

Probably both.

Possibly so. On a sort of related note, I see that some New Statesman columnist went slightly off-piste in a piece about "Privilege" politics and promptly got monstered on twitter. His actual article wasn't very good and missed most of what's wrong with Privilege theory in favour of hand-wringing about how it's divisive, which effectively set himself up for his peers to chastise him for his possession of a pasty skinned penis. New Statesman then published a response which simply presented criticism of "Privilege" theory as a lack of interest in black, women's, gay, etc liberation.

The interesting thing about this stuff is how quickly its making inroads into British liberalism, from the New Statesmen to, ahem, the Anarchist Federation.

covered 15 pages back. she's writing a book about emasculated men or something.

Oops! :D I don't have a photographic memory that stretches as far back as 15 pages of this interminable thread.

And if I did recall something from 15 pages back I would seriously give some consideration to this...

images

"I don't hate many people, but Laurie Penny truly does get on my nerves."

Reference to nerves, nervosa, hysteria, sexist misogyny :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom