Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Album of the year 2022

Knotted

Bet the horse knew his name
Looking at how belboid runs things, the 17th December is the deadline and you're allowed any album released after 18th December 2021. I'll run with that.

That's any album in any physical or electronic format, no singles, no eps, no compilations.

Send me a list. Favourite at the top with the format Artist - Title. No numbers and no colons and no slashes unless they appear as part of the Artist or Title.

Aim for 30, but I'd be happy with just 1. I haven't the faintest clue what if anything I can find you, I'm just here to add up.

I'm not sure what I'm going to say if you all vote for Wet Let though.

Oh sorry, December only thing? Never actually occurred to me. I think the wheels have been set in motion now, got a list already....

I'm gonna do my annual complaint against the exclusion of some compilations.

Smaller label compilations should be included as they generally contain tracks that are unreleased elsewhere and not allowing them discriminates against some genras.

Not that many people would be voting for polcore label comps, but it's the principle.

Another question for the files - digital only releases of, eg, soundtracks. Acceptable, or does it have to be physical product?

(I can ask this now as it’s December and thus the appropriate month)

digital only is fine, always has been I thought?? I've certainly not been checking if physical product is available before putting my lists in...

Afrikan Culture by Shabaka for me. It's my most listened to release from this year by a fair way. 2nd place is Air by Sault. Everything else is quite a way behind.

Another question for the files - digital only releases of, eg, soundtracks. Acceptable, or does it have to be physical product?

(I can ask this now as it’s December and thus the appropriate month)

I don't see any problem with digital only releases. That would be like banning the future.

Piccadilly records top 100 here. Fairly uninspiring from what I can tell, I'm told staff don't much like it.

Piccadilly records top 100 here. Fairly uninspiring from what I can tell, I'm told staff don't much like it.

A key measure for inclusion seems to be whether it's available from picadilly records on limited edition coloured vinyl, which must narrow the field drastically

Kinda meh, but it has to be said that that Nilufer Yanya is an absolute cracker.

What are people's nominations for "would probably be on your aoty list but you've not listened enough to feel able to vote for them in good faith"? I reckon it'll be Alvvays and Ho99o9 for me, probably the Chats as well.

Bit busy at the moment but I'll have to make time for the usual 'how can I send mine in without painstakingly checking all the AOTY lists for ones I've missed?' last-minute rush.

Back
Top Bottom