Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

2021 Local elections

hmm at the greens being 'left'

they do seem to be trying to stand up to the new labour council in lambeth who want to demolish council estates

on the other paw, their administrations in brighton + hove seem to be marked mainly by attacks on council workers pay and conditions...

Maybe but they are the only left of Labour Party standing AFAIK, and losing votes to the Greens would be perceived as losing left votes.

Maybe but they are the only left of Labour Party standing AFAIK, and losing votes to the Greens would be perceived as losing left votes.

Dunno really. I've said before, but the blairites seem to work on the basis that a good election result / poll validates their having moved to the right, and a bad election result / poll tells them they haven't moved far or rapidly right enough...

Not an option in my particular patch in any case.

E0iGeeqXMAIfiMJ

there you go guys, the guardian worked as hard as it could to make sure the party was run by Proper Electables, so if you don't vote for them you are the massive cunt. For the price of a coffee you can read more of this quality journalism

E0iGeeqXMAIfiMJ

there you go guys, the guardian worked as hard as it could to make sure the party was run by Proper Electables, so if you don't vote for them you are the massive cunt. For the price of a coffee you can read more of this quality journalism

The above is utter crap, agreed.

BUT!

There's no excuse for voting Tory. Ever.

(Obviously there's vastly better ways of making that latter point. All I'm saying though, is don't ignore that the Tories are scum :mad: )

I think Kath Viner needs to review whether she's getting value for money out of your little arrangement tbh

I can assure you that I must be doing very badly out of whatever arrangement that might be, that you've just invented for a crap piss-take.

Suggest you pick arguments with me about more important things ;)

We've got a PCC election as well, I'd forgotten they existed. Maybe having them on the same day as locals will raise them above the risible 12-16% turnouts they have got in previous years. I'll be writing Dredd in for that one

We've had a Tory leaflet and 2 LibDem ones, the Tory one came in an envelope whilst I was cleaning the drive. The lass sticking them through the doors didn't know what it was when I asked her, she had just been paid to distribute them. She had guessed it was to do with the election but had no idea who it was from.

Green council candidate called, three or four leaflets from her, one from tory, two and a letter from independent. Apparently no labour candidate. I've always assumed independent means tory plan B, not sure whether that's right though.

Got PCC here but not allowed to let the 16/17 yr olds vote in that just the senedd election

Don't think I can manage to hold my nose and vote labour for PCC unless anyone wants to talk me into it?

Suddenly started getting loads of identikit adverts on YouTube. Have all major political parties employed the same media agency or something? Jesus

Although tbf this entire time the algorithm's been pushing some posh git 'Youtuber' as the next mayor, piggybacking off laurence fox's toxic shit by positioning himself as being anti-laurence fox or something. Fuck this shit, Binface all the way

Not seen a single canvasser so far. I know Covid-19 is a factor but not seen a single one.

One leaflet from Labour, two from the Tory Scum and nothing else.
I don't think I've ever seen a canvasser 'in the wild' in my life. Just the areas I have lived in I guess.

Not seen a single canvasser so far. I know Covid-19 is a factor but not seen a single one.

One leaflet from Labour, two from the Tory Scum and nothing else.
We had a crowd of Labour canvassers on Saturday afternoon. The local MP, the elected Mayor, both ward councillors and the local party members. They are really concerned following the loss of the next door parliamentary constituency to the Tories when Flint lost her seat.
I gather from speaking to our local councillor, an old Unite rep I’ve known years, that they are concerned about the elected mayor being ousted. I cannot see it myself, the last no Labour mayor was the racist English Democrat, Peter Davies, the dad of tory Phil Davies.

Back
Top Bottom