Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

2019 Election Turnout

Need half a nytol and a valium to get some sleep tonight. Alarm set for two though. Which I may well regret if it's all going wrong.

I'm slight hopefully but the memory of the Refrendum still looms in the background

saying that if Boris has the beg the DUP for support like May

I will find that funny

Need half a nytol and a valium to get some sleep tonight. Alarm set for two though. Which I may well regret if it's all going wrong.
I woke up on US election night three years ago and ended up having a panic attack in bed.
Tomorrow's going to have to wait for me.

Reactions: Ax^
If there was anything serious going on it’d be showing in the currency markets etc. I wouldn’t get too hopeful.

Voted at 21.15 in Uber safe Mid-Worcestershire. Polling staff say turn out across the constituency is very high - higher than average for a GE, and getting towards 2016 ref levels.

Picked up child from scouts in neighbouring Wyre Forest - popped into a random polling station and they said the same there. Busy all day, with queues even in small, remote villages like Rock.

If there was anything serious going on it’d be showing in the currency markets etc. I wouldn’t get too hopeful.

TBF that assumes that the market would prefer one or another, wheras they probably thing bad things are going to happen whoever wins.

@ljayes

Tory insiders are telling me Boris Johnson could “genuinely be in trouble in #UxbridgeAndSouthRuislip”.

Exit pollsters think the Lib Dem vote has collapsed there probably due to tactical voting for Labour.
Not much to collapse from: the Lib Dems got about 1,800 votes last time. And Johnson got 23,000 with a majority of 5,000+. Will enjoy seeing him sweat though...

There were definitely bigger queues this morning than I've ever seen round here before. Quite a densely populated area though. Someone local posted this. Not sure if this is high but three members of (volunteer) staff dealing with over two people per minute in a little hall is pretty good.

ELndiuhWkAAjDAd

the Black Country ward I was canvassing in for the majority of the day had an above average turnout at 3pm, but not massively so

Back
Top Bottom