Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

World Cup Final 2023: England V Spain

Bump :)

First chance for Sweden who are looking good.I was initially confused as to why Sweden were getting such fanatical support until I realized the team in yellow isn't Australia :rolleyes:

I like the Xero ads they are interspersing by the way. "We've blown most of our budget sponsoring the World Cup games." "That's good though, how much have we got left to make ads themselves?" "£7.50 :("

Last edited:
I had a bit of a clash between the final and a 70th birthday bash with pensioners on a boat who don't drink. I don't know the address and my message requesting the details seem to being ghosted. So looks like I'm off the hook and will hopefully be watching this from the comfort of my couch.

No, not seen a single flag of st george and they usually go up in my area a week before the start of the men's world cup. almost tempted to go get one and stick it on the balcony. there will definitely be no sweet caroline booming from my place though. fuck that.

I had a bit of a clash between the final and a 70th birthday bash with pensioners on a boat who don't drink. I don't know the address and my message requesting the details seem to being ghosted. So looks like I'm off the hook and will hopefully be watching this from the comfort of my couch.

No, not seen a single flag of st george and they usually go up in my area a week before the start of the men's world cup. almost tempted to go get one and stick it on the balcony. there will definitely be no sweet caroline booming from my place though. fuck that.
Sweet Caroline always reminds me of Durham Miner's Gala, as the brass bands play it.

Derail ends.

Anyway, I'm just off to see Rochdale v Eastleigh. From the sublime to the, erm... Spotland.
I messed up with my earlier comment thinking the final was today, so settling down to the visit of Newport but sadly only via the internet. Will have to get the kids bathed and in bed first too, story will be speed read :D

It's (coming home) TOMORROW :eek: I'm already a nervous wreck.

Edit: can't get an away shirt for love nor money here, so I'll be in my Badgers England top. Which I wore to last year's euro final so my superstition is in tact.
And if England win it, we'll never have to heat THAT SONG again. :)

It's (coming home) TOMORROW :eek: I'm already a nervous wreck.

Edit: can't get an away shirt for love nor money here, so I'll be in my Badgers England top. Which I wore to last year's euro final so my superstition is in tact.

Sports Direct have the 1990 3rd shirt (which is somewhat similar).

I have no interest is football at all, I even had to take this forum off ignore to find this thread! :D

But, well this is such a big event to have England in a world cup final, and fantastic for women's football in general, I am quite excited and I'll certainly be watching it and seeing if I can remember how the game is played. :D

So, come on you Lionesses and show the blokes how it's done! 🤞

I have no interest is football at all, I even had to take this forum off ignore to find this thread! :D

But, well this is such a big event to have England in a world cup final, and fantastic for women's football in general, I am quite excited and I'll certainly be watching it and seeing if I can remember how the game is played. :D

So, come on you Lionesses and show the blokes how it's done! 🤞
The offside rule has changed, you might need someone to explain it to you.

The offside rule has changed, you might need someone to explain it to you.

I never understood that, so if it has changed, I'll still not have a clue.

Just did some washing-up with Radio Caroline on the kitchen portable, they played Sweet Caroline straight into Football's Coming Home.

my brother got tickets the jammy sod, so will be playing wheres wally as he is sat behind one of the goals.
Now look, I'm a huge fan of Where's Wally, but it feels like a bit of a waste of a ticket if he's not going to watch the game :hmm:

(Obviously, very jealous)

Back
Top Bottom