Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

World Cup Final 2023: England V Spain

The lack of general excitement amongst the usual football community is quite frankly embarrassing. Just goes to misogyny is rife with most male football fans IMO.

Ive got more joy watching our women's team than I ever had watching our men's team who always find a way to bottle it.

On the other hand they are not missed. I might seek out a fanzone on Sunday knowing that I won't be surrounded by wankers :thumbs:

The lack of general excitement amongst the usual football community is quite frankly embarrassing. Just goes to misogyny is rife with most male football fans IMO.

Ive got more joy watching our women's team than I ever had watching our men's team who always find a way to bottle it.

On the other hand they are not missed. I might seek out a fanzone on Sunday knowing that I won't be surrounded by wankers :thumbs:
Must confess I'm more invested in the outcome of my hometown team's early season lower league fixture later the same day. Though same would be true with the men. ETA Not that they'd be playing same day in latter scenario of course.

Isn't there a load of other sport on in Nottingham this weekend which is why the Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Utd game is on tonight?

Probably but you would think they would put the boat out for this one. It would have been a shoe in for the men's team.

Oh I agree. But I think there's something daft like three cricket matches on this weekend at Trent Bridge, which is why the football is movd to tonight and not televised.

So the football forums I am on say shrugs

Won't be watching. Nothing against the England, would have tuned in, but the national broadcaster decided to show only the national team's matches. So there's no matches since the team exited.

There was a brief burst of publicity and interest when the team was doing reasonably well but that's evaporated now.

Back
Top Bottom