Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Workers Power have split

How did they come up with that name?

Up the Anti or AntiCapitalist Initiative? My guesses: ACI because they don't want to be a party but they support anticapitalism, Up the Anti because it's a clever pun.

The SYRIZA stuff is depressing though. :(

butchersapron, the first post in this thread quotes from Simon Hardy part of this AntiCapitalist Initiative thing disclaims Leninism
He's only rejecting the wrong type of democratic centralism there mate, the good model of DC, the one he thinks the bolsheviks really stood for and outlines in those two articles is still the way to go for him.

He's only rejecting the wrong type of democratic centralism there mate, the good model of DC, the one he thinks the bolsheviks really stood for and outlines in those two articles is still the way to go for him.
on this thread and on the swappie comrade delta thread the wrong types of dc seem to have been in full effect

37123_1.JPG

Cheers, btw earlier today i noticed articul8 talking to the author of those two we need proper bolshevism like syriza pieces above trying to persuade him that the real problem facing the left is not years of alienation from the class they are supposed to represent, spring from, receive support from etc which are partially due to the top-down organisational forms they choose to adopt, but..wait for it...electoral reform.

Cheers, btw earlier today i noticed articul8 talking to the author of those two we need proper bolshevism like syriza pieces above trying to persuade him that the real problem facing the left is not years of alienation from the class they are supposed to represent, spring from, receive support from etc which are partially due to the top-down organisational forms they choose to adopt, but..wait for it...electoral reform.
I said no such thing, I said that the UK FPTP system was amongst the barriers to a new left formation breaking through. It is.

I said no such thing, I said that the UK FPTP system was amongst the barriers to a new left formation breaking through. It is.
Yeah, that really doesn't sound anything at all like you suggesting electoral reform is a key issue. However could i have got that impression.

Is Syriza a leninist party though? I didn't think it was.
They're a coalition with leninist parties involved. People like Hardy are now arguing that this is what Leninism really was all along it wasn't the centralised non-plural party that everyone argued that it was for the last 94 years.

They're a coalition with leninist parties involved. People like Hardy are now arguing that this is what Leninism really was all along it wasn't the centralised non-plural party that everyone argued that it was for the last 94 years.

But the leninist parties are still leninist tho?

where I have ever said anything close?
What did i say? I said of the two of us you have come closest to arguing that as you believe that PR is a step forwards whereas i have no such illusions.

And please don't reply by outlining your reasons for why you consider it a step forward.

Back
Top Bottom