Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Women's World Cup 2023

So what's the story with the Spanish manager then..? 15 players boycotted this because of him. What's he actually done?

Seems ok in interviews and I can't quite figure out why they all hate him, all very vague in the media.

On another note, I fucking love how open the players in the women's game are about their sexuality. There's loads of openly gay players. Why can't the men's game follow suit, and soon. You can't tell me there's only 1 or 2 gay players in the EPL.

1571628820.0.jpg

Redondo celebrating with her girlfriend ^^ Can you imagine seeing that from a top mens' player and his partner..? It would be seismic.

Last edited:
I can totally see why you'd say this, but JP has been increasingly getting on my nerves for years now, so I always find it quite frustrating he continues to be so prominent.

He's put the time in over the years, can't argue with that. It's just for a lot of that time he's also been pretty irritating :(
I don't think you're alone in that but I quite like the way he takes the piss out of/flirts with co-commentators and then carries on with the blizzard of factoids. Robyn Cowen and the oh-so-dull Rachael seem to get the England games these days anyway.

It's a bit weird they've flown their studio team out to Sydney but the matchday commentators are watching the same shit as us from the UK. Surely Jonas and Alex could be sitting in London if they're worried about spending.
Seems I was naive in thinking that the ball by ball commentator needs to be in the stadium. But it strikes me as very odd that what is essentially journalism should be done remotely without any perspective independent of the FIFA camera feeds.

Seems I was naive in thinking that the ball by ball commentator needs to be in the stadium. But it strikes me as very odd that what is essentially journalism should be done remotely without any perspective independent of the FIFA camera feeds.

BBC saving funds aye it. I noticed we were treated to the Australian commentary only for the netball final.

Somehow I thought the semi final was tomorrow, luckily something inside of me thought to check if any games were on today.

Looking forward to the women showing us blokes how to do it again (I hope.)

Last edited:
Carter, Bright and Greenwood have been solid at the back all tournament. We are going to depend on them today. I think this will be our toughest test yet. I'm hoping but an early goal from us would be nice. I can't see a lot in this game between the two teams. Australia looked solid in their last game but that could and hopefully won't count for anything. 🙏

Bloody hell, what a save from Mary Earps!

Kerr's touch took her a little wide, but with so much time from Kerr getting the ball to when she could take a shot, that's a lot of time for Earps to second-guess herself or time coming out wrong.

<edit: brilliant saves at both ends! :eek: >

Back
Top Bottom