Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Wimbledon 2021

Why does the umpire bring them together to explain the rules beforehand?

I assume if I know the rules, the players probably do.
Not all tournaments have the same rules. So for instance, not all tournaments have hawkeye (or have it on every court), the tie-break rules may be different or the shot clock may or may not be used.

Given that her opponent verbally abused her last opponent for 'faking' her injury, that's not gonna help

Poor love :( hope she's ok, she looked really uncomfortable
yeah my mum says she looked happy and carefree in earlier games but looked stressed from the moment she came on court today
i couldnt tell tbh, but yeah if its stomach cramps that could well be stress related
its a lot
Someone should tell the commentators that Bromley isn't in Kent :mad:
Hah i noticed this and thought of you

yeah my mum says she looked happy and carefree in earlier games but looked stressed from the moment she came on court today
i couldnt tell tbh, but yeah if its stomach cramps that could well be stress related
its a lot

Hah i noticed this and thought of you

No, I dont think it was cramps. I suffer from panic attacks - it looked like that to me. Maybe suddenly the thought of millions of people watching finally hit her, just awful to watch.

No, I dont think it was cramps. I suffer from panic attacks - it looked like that to me. Maybe suddenly the thought of millions of people watching finally hit her, just awful to watch.
Yes - if it does turn out to be a psychological thing, the huge hype and weight of expectation can't have helped.

I had a panic attack in London once on a train but got bundled in an ambulance and was fine so I feel for her

She was also due to be on court at 16.45, not 8.30 or whatever time it was. Why can't they just roll over games to the next day? That's way too long to be sitting around in the locker room freaking out.

It was such a shame, I do hope she's okay. Was really enjoying watching her play - I mean, I know fuck all about tennis but can clearly see she's got a great game. It would have been brilliant to watch her and Tomljanovic battle it out.

It was such a shame, I do hope she's okay. Was really enjoying watching her play - I mean, I know fuck all about tennis but can clearly see she's got a great game. It would have been brilliant to watch her and Tomljanovic battle it out.

One of the problems with this kind of thing is, based on my experience, afterwards you always think people are going easy on you in case it happens again. I've had two serious ones at work involving ambulances. Obviously my work doesn't involve being on prime time TV in front of the nation but it's the same principle. I honestly think she'll need a long break.

I see Piers Morgan has been predictably busy condemning Raducanu for withdrawing. This is the same Piers Morgan who stormed out of his job on GMB after getting pwned by the weather guy

Nice of Morgan not even to bother spelling her name properly. Tip top journalism.
And it's there in the next bloody paragraph. What a twonk.

Back
Top Bottom