Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Why the lib-dems are shit

IF i may just for a moment refer back to Swinson's woeful performance on Leader's QT yesterday wasn't that a great question at one hour twenty four minutes in and didn't Swinson resemble someone who had just been struck between the eyes by a well-aimed dart at that point?"Hi there can I just check in on the whole climate-change thing?You recently said you were "okay" with using nuclear weapons.Could you just clarify for us how that helps the Planet exactly?"
Really enjoyed that bit.
Yeah, there were some great zingers from the audience.
Sheffield and the surrounds should be proud.

A Lib Dem of my acquaintance (via football) is now circulating stuff from Jewish Chronicle (& I don’t think he is Jewish) about 80 something percent of British Jews believing Labour Leader and Party itself to be antisemitic. Definitely the sense of desperation and nastiness growing around the failing, flailing Lib Dem’s. Seems in almost all likely outcomes they are going to lose big time.

A Lib Dem of my acquaintance (via football) is now circulating stuff from Jewish Chronicle (& I don’t think he is Jewish) about 80 something percent of British Jews believing Labour Leader and Party itself to be antisemitic. Definitely the sense of desperation and nastiness growing around the failing, flailing Lib Dem’s. Seems in almost all likely outcomes they are going to lose big time.

I'd guess they'll still improve their position a bit but only because they're starting from such a low base.

I wouldn't bet on Swinson keeping her seat though.

It's not even a state subsidy, it's a loan. It absolutely guarantees rents would go up and you'd have to pay the money back. It's the stupidest policy ever unless you're specifically trying to get btl landlords and letting agents to vote for you.

Some councils already do this, i am hoping to access one when I need to move, stuck without one.

Last edited:
The candidates hoping to oust Jeremy Corbyn and Emily Thornberry at the December 12 poll also say "there's no such thing as a Labour stronghold" in Islington - and they believe the borough's remain supporting majority will coalesce behind them.

But Nick Wakeling and Kate Pothalingam admitted it's "regrettable" the party has been distributing some misleading election literature, with Mr Wakeling saying: "We shouldn't be doing that."

He is hoping to take Mr Corbyn's Islington North seat of 36 years, where the Labour leader won a majority of 33,215 with 72.8 per cent of the vote at the 2017 poll.
General Election 2019: Legalise cannabis to 'starve' Islington gangs of cash, say Lib Dem hopefuls

Deluded. :D

My constituency:

'Mathis now finds himself suspended from his party, which accuses him of bringing it "into disrepute", though it is too late after candidate nominations for the Liberal Democrats to remove him from the ballot paper.

The former London Overground worker is now running as an independent candidate, and has accused Liberal Democrat leader Jo Swinson of "throwing him under the bus"."

:thumbs:

Hackney North Lib Dem candidate dropped over 'clearly offensive' tweets

My constituency:

'Mathis now finds himself suspended from his party, which accuses him of bringing it "into disrepute", though it is too late after candidate nominations for the Liberal Democrats to remove him from the ballot paper.

The former London Overground worker is now running as an independent candidate, and has accused Liberal Democrat leader Jo Swinson of "throwing him under the bus"."

:thumbs:

Hackney North Lib Dem candidate dropped over 'clearly offensive' tweets
though it is too late after candidate nominations for the Liberal Democrats to remove him from the ballot paper.
:D:D

So how does that work then? Is he now standing as an independent with no lib dem on the ballot paper? Is he on the paper as both lib dem and independent?
I'm guessing he will still be on the ballot as the lib dem candidate, and then if elected he would sit as an independent?

So how does that work then? Is he now standing as an independent with no lib dem on the ballot paper? Is he on the paper as both lib dem and independent?
I'm guessing he will still be on the ballot as the lib dem candidate, and then if elected he would sit as an independent?
?, no, no, yes & he won't be.

Following on from Swinson's nuclear button stuff, Umanna is promising to spend the Remain bonus on boosting defence spending

Basingstoke Gazette is not happy about this...

Katie French, who edits the Basingstoke Gazette, has criticised the Lib Dems over the party’s publication the Mid Hampshire Gazette, which has been produced in support of Paula Ferguson, its election candidate for Winchester.

The Mid Hampshire Gazette describes itself as a “free newspaper” covering several local districts, with the words “Liberal Democrats” appearing in very small print at the top right of the front page.

2.jpg

Mind you, the Tories did something similiar in Kent...

Last month HTFP reported how the Kentish Gazette had been forced to distance itself from a publication called the Canterbury and Whitstable Gazette, which had been produced by the Canterbury Constituency Conservative Association.

https://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/...-free-newspaper-with-similar-name-to-her-own/

IF i may just for a moment refer back to Swinson's woeful performance on Leader's QT yesterday wasn't that a great question at one hour twenty four minutes in and didn't Swinson resemble someone who had just been struck between the eyes by a well-aimed dart at that point?"Hi there can I just check in on the whole climate-change thing?You recently said you were "okay" with using nuclear weapons.Could you just clarify for us how that helps the Planet exactly?"
Really enjoyed that bit.
Personally I'd feel much more secure with a prime minister who is likely to condemn us all to nuclear oblivion the next time Putin is doing the judo.

It’s the utter dedication of Swinson / her seat will be a smoking irradiated wasteland given its location between faslane and Glasgow- she is so enthusiastic about setting off trident, she is willing to incinerate her constituents. That’s dedication
Only the ones who don't vote for her will be incinerated #smartnukes

Back
Top Bottom