Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who is going to win the 2018/2019 Tory Leadership election?

Who is going to win the 2018/2019 Tory Leadership election?

• Total voters
You don't live in London so you have no idea. The only legacy he has left are a trail of failed vanity projects which have cost us stupid amounts of money. Garden bridge, water cannon, cable cars etc. Nothing for ordinary people.
and a vast number of cranes around Nine Elms, in particular, building yet more tower blocks full of luxury flats sold in an instant off-plan in the Far East that no-one will live in.

Were he 'only a Tory', fair enough, but he's not is he? He is potentially PM which will affect all of us.

It's not a general election. We are regrettably just changing one Tory for another Tory. Their thoughts and ideas might differ slightly, but still remain a Tory at heart.

Sadly, no. Law of the land overrides religious law. :(
tenor.gif

I wonder how many people looked across the pond at Trump and thought 'that could never happen here'.
I wonder how many people looked across the pond at Trump and thought "That.... That's what we need over here"...

Posters who resort to foul and childish name calling should grow up and stop playground name calling. Who knows, they might even develop an argument
***WOOPWOOP*** Forum Police!

Hey, remember this?

I'm still waiting for you to back it up or retract it and provide an apology for lying.
In your own time.

I can't be arsed. I've quoted back your posts at you enough to know it's not worth the effort. You know you've praised Javid for stripping Begum of her citizenship and signing the extradition order for Assange to the US. When this has led to discussion of the Hostile Environment policy you've stuck by that praise.

But if you want to tell yourself I'm lieing, you go ahead. I really don't care.

I can't be arsed. I've quoted back your posts at you enough to know it's not worth the effort. You know you've praised Javid for stripping Begum of her citizenship and signing the extradition order for Assange to the US. When this has led to discussion of the Hostile Environment policy you've stuck by that praise.

But if you want to tell yourself I'm lieing, you go ahead. I really don't care.
You can't quote it because it didn't happen, you lying cunt.

No doubt the usual circus of late night phone calls will be ongoing. Begrudgingly answered by Johnson from those hoping that last chance grovelling will cement them a cabinet spot.

They did alright under his Mayorship, a lot better than under the present incumbent

Who are ‘they’? Some got rich, some enjoyed just about the biggest week of rioting ever in 2011. Many left London altogether, economically cleansed from it.

You’ve got nothing of depth to say, so be a good chap and do one.

He built 94,000 new houses...

You've already established the extent of your understanding of housing in London when you railed against Corbyn for owning a modest terraced house that costs half the average price for such a property in his constiuency. What proportion of these 'houses' meet the needs of Londoners, instead of acting primarily as investment vehicles for overseas wealth? Boris oversaw a transition from buy-to-let to buy-to-leave. Investors frequently don't even bother trying to earn rent anymore. London property has increasingly become a way to store wealth safe from the scrutiny of other governments, as well as a relatively safe bet for a good return. This might be combined with a pied-a-terre for the odd shopping trip, or student digs for the offspring. By some accounts, it has got to the stage where this has become embedded into the design with many units never intended by the property developer to function as primary dwellings.

Boris's response as mayor actively encouraged this process at the time and dismissed concerns as left-wing xenophobia.

Last edited:
The lead time for getting stuff built is several years, so many of the houses built during the reign of Johnson are likely to have been planned and funded long before he took office (as were the hire bikes that he somehow managed to take credit for).

The lead time for getting stuff built is several years, so many of the houses built during the reign of Johnson are likely to have been planned and funded long before he took office (as were the hire bikes that he somehow managed to take credit for).
Then by that view, houses planned in the Boris era are still being built?

Back
Top Bottom