Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Which jab did you have - Astra Zeneca or Pfizer? And what side effects?

What jab? What side effects?

• I had the Pfizer

Votes: 66 18.6%
  • I had the Astra Zeneca

Votes: 125 35.2%
  • I don't know what I had

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pfizer + no side effects

Votes: 65 18.3%
  • Pfizer + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 38 10.7%
  • Pfizer + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • AZ + no side effects

Votes: 51 14.4%
  • AZ + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 121 34.1%
  • AZ + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 37 10.4%
  • Something else (explain yourself)

Votes: 13 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Both of my jabs were on a Saturday, I had 2 x 500cl bottles of cider after the first and one after the second so I have now started wondering. Googling it seems to indicate that it's the modern version of an old wives tale. The only thing at mine they told me I couldn't drive for 15 mins but that's all.
Getting completely blasted when you're feeling under the weather is probably not the best idea going but there doesn't seem to be any evidence that the odd drink will have neutralise the Covid vaccine (or any other)

In the absense of further evidence either way I would tend to employ standard 'moderation' principals. Including for the reason that there is always a chance that if you overdo it, and then have side effects from the jab that require attention, yu might be tempted to incorrectly attribute them to a hangover instead.

Don't drink after your jab because if you get the flu-like side effects you're gonna be fucked. Same reason you shouldn't start a 10 mile hike immediately after getting your jab. You know when you get a bad cold or a stomach bug and you lie there thinking "if only I knew this was coming, I would have been more prepared for it"? Well nows your chance. Get your vaccine, stock up on ready meals, get your washing up done and you'll be left with a couple hours to ease yourself into the migraine muscle fatigue hell that awaits

muscovyduck : That's all worst-case-scenario though surely?

Don't get me wrong, the precautionary principle suggests people be sensible and cautious (and maybe only have just one pint the afternoon/evening following, or something ;) -- although I was a bit more reckless than just one! :oops: )

But plenty of people, myself included, reporting here have had low/few/no side-effects to speak of.

muscovyduck : That's all worst-case-scenario though surely?

Don't get me wrong, the precautionary principle suggests people be sensible and cautious (and maybe only have just one pint the afternoon/evening following, or something ;) -- although I was a bit more reckless than just one! :oops: )

But plenty of people, myself included, reporting here have had low/few/no side-effects to speak of.
In the grounds that a pint of beer a day already puts you at the recommended maximum units per week anyway, can you not forgo that pint for one single day just on a precautionary basis?

Haven't done the numbers for ages but as they're (almost) round...

Pfizer sample = 95
AZ sample = 202

No side effects

Pfizer = 60%
AZ = 24.75%

Side effects less than 48 hrs

Pfizer = 34.7%
AZ = 57.9%

Side effects longer than 48 hrs

Pfizer = 5.3%
AZ = 17.3%

48 hours after my second AZ and I feel the best I've felt for ages. Had a good sleep, and this morning i woke ready for the day, in good spirits and full of energy 🙂

When I had my jab the nurse told me to relax my arm just before and I didn't even feel the needle going in, just an odd sensation when she actually injected me. She also told me to avoid an achey arm to drink loads of water ("and I mean loads, like 2 - 3 litres). I managed a few pints (over a few hours) and my arm had been fine... I've been digging in the garden for the last hour or so

Alcohol intake (both acute and chronic) long estalbished to effect degrees of immunosuppression, modulating both innate and adaptive immune responses. If you are seeking your optimal personal vaccine mediated response then probably best to avoid for weeks before, during and after a course of vaccination.

Bit of a random question.

Had my second AZ jab on Sunday. And have a nasty headache today.

Probably nothing but I can't help thinking that headaches are a symptom of blood clots. I don't have any other symptoms so like I said sure it is nothing.

Anyone got a clue what the time frame is for this? I got the impression it took a while after the jab for there to be any issues anyway?

Probably nothing but I can't help thinking that headaches are a symptom of blood clots. I don't have any other symptoms so like I said sure it is nothing.

Anyone got a clue what the time frame is for this? I got the impression it took a while after the jab for there to be any issues anyway?

Four or more days after is the guidance.

The updated MHRA guidance says: ‘Vaccinated individuals should also seek immediate medical attention if four or more days after vaccination they develop new onset or worsening severe or persistent headaches with blurred vision, which do not respond to simple painkillers.’

Patients should also see a doctor if they develop other new symptoms four or more days after the AZ jab, such as shortness of breath, chest pain, leg swelling, persistent abdominal pain, any neurological symptoms or signs (such as confusion or seizures) or unusual skin bruising and/or petechiae, the MHRA said.

Don't worry about timeframe, any doubts at all you should go to A&E or at least call your GP or 111 for advice if you're worried about wasting hospital time! Tell them what you told us. Hopefully just a side effect and you'll feel better soon. Keep us posted! Good luck.

I had my first Pfizer jab on Saturday. I had some soreness in my upper arm which commenced that evening and lasted through Sunday and Monday. Monday and today I've been having a headache; not a proper banger, but still bad enough that last night I had to take the last 2 of my ibuprofen I had lying around. I consider all of these to be very minor side effects, and certainly more preferable than the symptoms of live Covid and and the possibility of suffering from Long Covid...

Grrrr they have inexplicably cancelled my first vaccine on 15th and rescheduled it for 22nd... just got a text with no warning etc.

So annoying, that day doesnt work so well for me. Ive talked to the pharmacy and theyre going go give me a ring if there are any cancellations.

Back
Top Bottom