Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tonight will now be roast leg of lamb with roast veg :cool:

and tomorrow will be something that uses up the leftover lamb :D

I was going to do a wonton and noodle soup but I forgot to take me wontons out the freezer, so it's either a cheese omelette and salad, or a prawn/courgette/onion stirfry. With noodles. As I've just remembered I don't have any rice and can't be arsed going to buy any.

I'm going to try and attempt a moroccan chick pea and chicken stew with couscous.

I think it's only right and reasonable I add in some halloumi somewhere, don't you?

sojourner said:
I ferkin LOVE homemade fish cakes, they beat the pants off bought ones

Bizarrely, I've never made them before. I've got some pollock from the market and some potatoes, so that's what's happening.

pootle said:
I'm going to try and attempt a moroccan chick pea and chicken stew with couscous.

I think it's only right and reasonable I add in some halloumi somewhere, don't you?

Don't bother with those damned apricots mind. Cooking and fruit, in my worthless opinion' don't mix.

Look at hawaiin pizza if you need any proof.

dub

Oh so wrong there!
Apple goes well in cous cous too.
Then there's duck and orange
Lemon goes well in a lot of things as well.

Dubnium said:
Don't bother with those damned apricots mind. Cooking and fruit, in my worthless opinion' don't mix.

dub

I agree. My mum used to put slices of orange on our plates when we had chicken for dinner when we were kids. When I asked her why once, she said it was to make it more exciting :D

Chicken mole's alright thought ;)

Himself mentioned something about home made veggie burgers but we're on a big house clean up at the moment so if he's spent all day doing that, it'll probably be chicken and homemade potato wedges. I have to put homemade cos the thought of someone thinking I'm scoffing those McCain ones makes me shudder. I'm not a food snob mind, I like their hash browns :)

Although I've been stuffing myself with wasabi cashews and a maple syrup toffee sweet as a work colleague has just returned from a visit to Canada :D so I might not be too hungry.

leftover risotto. unfortunately i had to microwave it cos i have no white wine to cook it in, in a saucepan. it's fucking horrible, i tell you.

later on, it will be mushroom something or other. i've bought far too many mushrooms (2lb :eek: ) it's easy to use them all up by making a curry but I'm really feeling this italiano foodio thingumy at the moment, so i might just make a mushroom pizza, and then, erm, some sort of mushroom and tomato and olive salad or something ... :confused: help

Dubnium said:

dub
Heathen :mad:

Get a banana, a small tin of apricots in juice,a crushed clove of garlic and cook in a small pan until mushy. Serve with roast chicken. Die of bliss.

Herbsman. said:
leftover risotto. unfortunately i had to microwave it cos i have no white wine to cook it in, in a saucepan. it's fucking horrible, i tell you.

later on, it will be mushroom something or other. i've bought far too many mushrooms (2lb :eek: ) it's easy to use them all up by making a curry but I'm really feeling this italiano foodio thingumy at the moment, so i might just make a mushroom pizza, and then, erm, some sort of mushroom and tomato and olive salad or something ... :confused: help
Mushroom soup?

Roasted mushrooms?

What sort of mushrooms are they?

madzone said:
:p

No, actually! We had them the other night while Tanky was being luvvy clapped :D It's chile (again) tonight.
:D Who got the luvvy clap? Tanky?? :(

I can't decide what I want now - all the things I thought about today I don't feel like now.

madzone said:
Heathen :mad:

Get a banana, a small tin of apricots in juice,a crushed clove of garlic and cook in a small pan until mushy. Serve with roast chicken. Die of bliss.

That sounds very wrong indeed...

sojourner said:
Mushroom soup?

Roasted mushrooms?

What sort of mushrooms are they?
bog standard closed mushrooms

I'm not too keen on soup, you need stock to make soup, and i have none but this boring marigold stock powder :(

i might roast them but then, what will I have them with? i have rice, pasta, chickpeas, pitta bread, flour, tomatoes... cant think of anything else they'll go with

Herbsman. said:

I'm not too keen on soup, you need stock to make soup, and i have none but this boring marigold stock powder :(

i might roast them but then, what will I have them with? i have rice, pasta, chickpeas, pitta bread, flour, tomatoes... cant think of anything else they'll go with
garlic mushrooms :) in loads of butter :cool:

Herbsman. said:

You could do a decent mushroom soup with marigold! How, I've no idea cos I've never made mushroom soup, but I'm sure it can't be that difficult.

Roast toms and mushrooms in pitta bread? Might be a bit slidey and sloppy though that. I quite like the sound of it actually :D

Roast toms and mushrooms with garlic, with chickpeas sounds ok - mix it together into a big sloppy mess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom