Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herbsman. said:
Are you one of them coeliacans then? I heard that these allergies are all the rage now, like, being allergic to animal wheat because of cruely isnt it or something? :confused: All the celebs are doing it... its supposed to work wonders for your figure

Not coeliac, no.

My body just tends to be happier if I don't eat wheat every day though.

The faranitas had us farting long and loud thigh - that'll be the chickpea, I shouldn't wonder :D

ETA not faranita... farinata

I'm having another portion of last nights chicken and chickpea stew that I made last night. There was also halloumi cheese you'll be pleased to hear.

I made loads though - will it freeze ok? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm making the transistion from "stuff on an oven tray/microwave" type to trying to make meals from scratch...

pootle said:
I'm having another portion of last nights chicken and chickpea stew that I made last night. There was also halloumi cheese you'll be pleased to hear.

I made loads though - will it freeze ok? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm making the transistion from "stuff on an oven tray/microwave" type to trying to make meals from scratch...

I'd say yes. Leave some space at the top of the container, cos when you freeze wet stuff, the ice/water expands, and can push off the lid and be annoying

I need inspiration. It's just me tonight, so no big casseroles or owt. Needs to be healthy and tasty.

pootle said:

is there cream in it?

All the basics - rice, pasta, herbs & spices, etc. and I'm off to waitrose after work so can pick stuff up.

Things I like: pretty much everything.

sometimes creamy sauces split when reheated

not always, depends very much on the dish :)

It was the veggie bean burgers last night and my workmates are suffering for it today :D Think it's roast chicken legs tonight with jacket spuds or something.

aqua said:
sometimes creamy sauces split when reheated

not always, depends very much on the dish :)

Split sauce - one for missfrans thread about confused beginner chefs, methinks.

*bustles over to the other thread*

madzone said:
Curry goat tonight :)
Mmm sounds nice - I've never had it before and always fancied it.

Tonight's is a cheat carbonara sauce, and I'm just bunging some chicken, bacon, and garlic in, and having with pasta.

But I have just purchased some fresh coriander from the brilliant little greengrocers in the village so it's lemontop's recipe for Taiwanese Hotpot tomorrow, yum! *must remember to take wontons out of freezer*

Fray Bentos steak and kidney pudd with a few chips. Mrs Spion's away and I just found it in the cupboard

sojourner said:
Are you going for the record for how many risottos one person can eat in a year or something?
I like them!
What's wrong with eating lots of risotto?
I love making them and there's countless different kinds, just as there countless varieties of casseroles, stews, pasta dishes etc etc

Anyway, I've not done a mushroom risotto and this time I'm using Carnaroli instead of Arborio. We live in exciting times....

Orang Utan said:
I like them!
I love making them and there's countless different kinds, just as there countless varieties of casseroles, stews, pasta dishes etc etc
You can't beat a risotto that's for sure, may fave at the moment is Asparagus and Pea.

Tonight we're having veggie stew and herb dumplings with mash.

Orang Utan said:
I like them!
No offence matey! It's just, well you eat them all the time is all, and I just wondered! Don't you get a bit bored? Of course, I didn't realise there were THAT many different varieties - but it's basically the same base dish, isn't it?

SubZeroCat said:
I hate the way Americans pronounce it "riz-o-toe". They even drop the sound of the 't' a bit...

Oh god yes. Whenever I watch Hell's Kitchen they always pronounce it like that and it makes me go a bit Ramsey at the telly.

sojourner said:
No offence matey! It's just, well you eat them all the time is all, and I just wondered! Don't you get a bit bored? Of course, I didn't realise there were THAT many different varieties - but it's basically the same base dish, isn't it?
Isn't that just like asking 'don't you get bored of pasta?' Or 'don't you get bored of soup?' Or 'don't you get bored of potatoes?'
I do get bored of pasta as it happens - I don't cook it very often.
I don't eat risotto all the time anyway - about once or twice a fortnight

missfran said:
Oh god yes. Whenever I watch Hell's Kitchen they always pronounce it like that and it makes me go a bit Ramsey at the telly.

Yep :D

Others include "baysil" (basil) and "parmajaahn" (parmesan)

I reckon I'd punch someone in the face if they presented a 'baysil and parmejaahn riz-o-toe' to me.....:D

Orang Utan said:

I'd eat risotto 3 or 4 times a week if i had the time and if Pie Face would let me :)

tonight - because she's out - i'm going to have risotto with wild mushrooms and borlotti beans to which I shall add some veggie sausages, and fuck all y'all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom