Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back home to find a freshly made Spanish omelette waiting for me, I dread to think how long it's going to take to digest it all :oops:

well my lamb curry was a winner, praise be to pathaks curry pastes :oops:

tomorrow I'm in alone so no doubt something pretty random :D was supposed to have a mate over and I cheated and bought pre-done garlic bread and now she's not coming so I have a HUGE garlic bread that won't freeze :oops:

Our lovely Italian style meal was going so well till I realised I had no parmesan left. To my horror, I remembered I live in a semi-rural town where you can't buy anything useful after 6pm, so we had to have crumbled Lancashire, which really wasn't the same at all :(

sojourner said:
But I have just purchased some fresh coriander from the brilliant little greengrocers in the village so it's lemontop's recipe for Taiwanese Hotpot tomorrow, yum! *must remember to take wontons out of freezer*
God, there's nowt like the smell of this to get the juices flowing! It's simmering away smelling like heaven right now, fresh coriander is phwoarrrr

Grandmother's special salad,. which is diced new potatoes, french green beans, and plum tomaoes in a lemon juice / garlic / olive oil dressing, sprinkled with black pepper and fresh oregano

except i've no oregano or lemons so i'm using falsamic vinegar and dried basil :(

waiting for dough to rise for big bastard mushroom, olive and caper pizza, and pane di olive (olive bread)

might do something with broccoli as well, like par boil them then griddle them and chuck some falsamic vinegar and pepper on

panchetta and parmesan sausages in a tomato and pepper sauce (like a hob version of a caserole - is there a name for this?) with Black and white rice (which is actually purple :D)

went out for dinner last night and was astounded by my hosts culinary genius:
pan fried pesto and mozerella chicken on a stac of minted new potatoes :p

tonight I was supposed to be cooking for a mate but she cried off so I have a garlic and rosemary bread to eat :oops: so I'm doing a veggie stew to go with it :cool:

aqua said:
tonight I was supposed to be cooking for a mate but she cried off so I have a garlic and rosemary bread to eat :oops: so I'm doing a veggie stew to go with it :cool:
Sounds perfect, and so simple too :)

(you seem to be feeling a bit better now, which is good :) )

soj - yeah a bit, it all went wrong this morning and so much to do its not funny. I've had to bring work home to try and catch up *sigh*

combine that with I'm due on next week and I'm all teary as it is :oops:

Dead Cat Bounce said:
Just got back home to find a freshly made Spanish omelette waiting for me, I dread to think how long it's going to take to digest it all :oops:

I find that when I cook a big spanish omelette with 6 eggs, I leave a good chunk of it for later or breakfast. it is still good and the garlic comes out well.

aqua said:
soj - yeah a bit, it all went wrong this morning and so much to do its not funny. I've had to bring work home to try and catch up *sigh*

combine that with I'm due on next week and I'm all teary as it is :oops:
(((aqua)))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom