Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sainsburys "ultimate" sausages, cooked inna oven.
Parsnip and potato mash, boiled then mashup with milk, butter, heavy seasoning.
Spring greens, stuffed inna saucepan with butter and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Onion gravy made with onions I've just spent 45 minutes gently caramelising, stock, Worcester sauce and Madeira.

Yum.

Made a big fat chilli this evening - loads of garlic & fresh red chillis, smoked paprika and a few bits of 70%cocoa choc... Had it with rice tonight, have enough to freeze for a couple more nights, but it'll be best tomorrow in toasted sandwiches - nothing like a chilli toastie!
My new years' health kick has descended into a cooking fest - I made coffee cake yesterday too. Had to take it to work to stop us eating it all... we ate loads of it last night :oops:

We had Pommes Dauphinoise, some baked mushrooms with spinach in, and a nice tomato salad.

hiccup said:
That's not "tea", or a meal, that's just some bread.

(((Herbsman)))
fool. :rolleyes: that's like saying a tomato, olive and red onion pizza is not a meal, it's just some bread with fruit and vegetables on top. anyway this bread was part of my ongoing meal, so there :p

Tonight will probably be stuffed peppers. Last night we had spiced turkey burgers in wholemeal pitta, with home-made coleslaw and a big salad.

I'm on a bit of a health kick at the moment!

Due to an unprecedented burst of enthusiasm this morning, involving 2 cans of chickpeas, I can reveal that we are having falafel tonight.

hark at you :D I struggled to get up :oops:

tonight is to be bangers n mash :cool: but with swede and carrot mash for a change :cool:

aqua said:
oh babe! come here I'll feed you :D

I just got back late last night and had to carry a load of stuff in from the car (a moses basket, a huge bag of baby clothes and various bits of breast feeding equipment to be precise :D )

Tonight I will make myself something proper, I promise.

I'm quite excited actually as they have started doing tiffin boxes at work at lunchtime so I'm going to give one a go today. Mmmmm curry at lunch :D

trashpony said:
I'm quite excited actually as they have started doing tiffin boxes at work at lunchtime so I'm going to give one a go today. Mmmmm curry at lunch :D
What are tiffin boxes?

I shouldn't read this thread so early in the day - am bloody starving already :rolleyes: :(

sojourner said:
What are tiffin boxes?

I shouldn't read this thread so early in the day - am bloody starving already :rolleyes: :(

It's a series of little stacked boxes with different bits of a curry in each one so that you can take your lunch to work without it all getting mixed up.

trashpony said:
It's a series of little stacked boxes with different bits of a curry in each one so that you can take your lunch to work without it all getting mixed up.
I'm converted. I want tiffin boxes too. Now.

As a complete aside, I think all that stuff you hear about ready brek or shredded wheat keeping you feeling full up for hours is a right load of old bollocks. I had a great big bowl of RB this morning and I could eat a horse right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom