Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steak pie, made with sirloin steak as himself was too fucking lazy to look for stewing steak at the bottom of the freezer :rolleyes:
Anyway, it's very nice and we're having it with boiled potatoes, broccoli and mashed swede.

Ms T said:
Is that the Nigel Slater one? I've made it loads and it's v. good. :)

That's the one. I made it last night and it was delicious. :) Now that word has spread that I've started to cook and it tastes as it should, I've got 4 friends coming to eat tomorrow night :D

Tonight I too tired for effort so it's fish cakes from the freezer with peas.

MsShirlLaverne said:
That's the one. I made it last night and it was delicious. :) Now that word has spread that I've started to cook and it tastes as it should, I've got 4 friends coming to eat tomorrow night :D

Tonight I too tired for effort so it's fish cakes from the freezer with peas.
Baby steps Msshirl :D

So - what was in it then?

I've eaten some oatcakes and cheese and a couple of tangies and an apple. So I might cook later. Or I might just have some sorbet :oops:

trashpony said:
I've eaten some oatcakes and cheese and a couple of tangies and an apple. So I might cook later. Or I might just have some sorbet :oops:
Not much room left in that belly then trashy? ;)

sojourner said:
Not much room left in that belly then trashy? ;)

No :mad:

I'm down to the little and often. I didn't think I was getting much bigger but my belly button is just about to pop and I can't get my coat done up :rolleyes:

trashpony said:
No :mad:

I'm down to the little and often. I didn't think I was getting much bigger but my belly button is just about to pop and I can't get my coat done up :rolleyes:
:D

Top of the bed propped up on bricks yet?

sojourner said:
:D

Top of the bed propped up on bricks yet?

No! I just have loads of pillows. And can't turn over in bed in my sleep so wake up all stiff. :rolleyes: In some ways it's good I have to pee the whole time - prevents bedsores ;)

trashpony said:
No! I just have loads of pillows. And can't turn over in bed in my sleep so wake up all stiff. :rolleyes: In some ways it's good I have to pee the whole time - prevents bedsores ;)
:D I got up to 7 pillows by the end, carefully arranged :D The one between the thighs was extremely comforting, as I recall - don't know why you need to do that so much or why it's so relieving, perhaps sommat to do with stomach muscles?

Black bean and butternut squash chilli with cavalo nero (Tuscan cabbage) and basmati rice. Healthy and delicious. :)

Griddled chicken marinated with lemon, garlic and coriander + rocket and tomato salad + couscous with whatever I can find to liven it up, prob onions, fresh tomato and a few sultana's.

Chicken just needs another 20 mins or so then Im getting the griddle pan hot!

janeb said:
Griddled chicken marinated with lemon, garlic and coriander + rocket and tomato salad + couscous with whatever I can find to liven it up, prob onions, fresh tomato and a few sultana's.

That sounds lovely!

I need to get me a griddle pan...

Roasted parsnip chips for starters - Followed by chicken, pasta, mixed veg, along with a tomato and dujon mustard sauce with fresh garlic and ginger and a touch of smoked paprika for good measure.

Dubversion said:
some fish, some new potatoes with dill, a red pepper stuffed with haricot beans and garlic mushrooms
'some' fish? This is suburban - we'll have the make and model plus preparation, if you don't mind ;)

SubZeroCat said:
It's the crack of the cheese world isn't it?

I cut up some really fat slices to have grilled on toast earlier :D

*drool*
And that strangely satisfying squeak as you bite it :D What's it actually made of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom