Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tandoori pork chops ( :D ) with a potato, spinach and mushroom curry type thing (and possibly a small naan each too, depending on how greedy we're feeling 3 minutes before it's ready).

MsShirlLaverne said:
No fresh fish here on a Tuesday. Only the co-op.

and I said EASY :mad:
;)
Well, if you can't serve fresh fish, then go for the roasted peppers, onions, field mushrooms, and garlic option, served with pesto pasta

Anyway you, they are the 3 easiest fish recipes that I know of! (the king prawns are a piece of piss, they don't have to be fresh - you might be able to pick some up in the co op)

sojourner said:
Anyway you, they are the 3 easiest fish recipes that I know of! (the king prawns are a piece of piss, they don't have to be fresh - you might be able to pick some up in the co op)

Yeah, I realised after I posted that I could do the prawn thing, thanks for that. I'm gonna make it, you're a star :D

MsShirlLaverne said:
Yeah, I realised after I posted that I could do the prawn thing, thanks for that. I'm gonna make it, you're a star :D
You're welcome:)

Now all you have to think about is whether they like hot or mild curry ;) :D If you don't know, just go for any of the mediums. Jars of curry sauce are very good these days - especially Sharwoods or Pataks

sojourner said:
You're welcome:)

Now all you have to think about is whether they like hot or mild curry ;) If you don't know, just go for any of the mediums. Jars of curry sauce are very good these days - especially Sharwoods or Pataks

I've got an emergency Pataks in the cupboard :D

Now I'm even sounding like a woman wot has a store cupboard :eek: :D

:cool: Sorted then!

Bum. I've just eaten the last truffle of me thorntons continental box :( I think I need to set up a monthly subscription for them

I gently marinated 2 tuna steaks in a balsamic/soy sauce/fresh ginger 'infusion' then seared it in a griddle, and served it alongside a spinach/rocket/watercress salad which I sprinkled with a home made vinagrette & also had a sweet potato & ginger mash. I am feeling posh this week :)

Mine was teh lush

I had 2 sausages served with a little shallot and carrot puree, potato and celeriac mash and a mixed leaf side salad, with Dijon mustard on the side. Mmmh :cool:

I had cheddar cheese and an apple for starter, then tuna steak, baked tomato, pasta, peas and mixed herbs for main, then hot chocolate for desert. I must stop this three course meal extravagance! :rolleyes:

MsShirlLaverne said:
My beef casserole was the bees knees :D
From now on I intend to cook proper food and become a valued poster in this forum :D

wish me luck ;)

* hands shirl suburban wiki key * :cool:

I had roast beef hash - to eat up my left over roast beef and tatties and that. Was scrummy :)

It was a nice creamy risotto made with leeks, courgettes and mushrooms, and served with a salad of watercress, rocket, spinach and a sharp lemony dressing.

nothing, because i was at work and the student i was with decided that my dinner looked tasty and had swiped the best bits while i was making him a cup of tea :mad: if he had been saisfied with his own 2 plates of dinner, i would have had cotage pie,brocoli,and carrots.

tmw, i am cooking so we are having spanish style rice :)

First, mashed curried chickpeas in pitta bread with griddled courgettes and sliced tomatoes. And proper pizza this time, with thin crispy dough, topped with a few tomato slices, almost completely covered in mushroom slices, with capers and sliced olives pushed into the gaps. It was gorgeous.

god you all sound so posh compared to me :oops: :D mashed potato with beans and bacon mixed in :D

Sausage casserole without the casserole cos I forgot to take the sausages out of the freezer this morning :(

Orang Utan said:
Sausage casserole without the casserole cos I forgot to take the sausages out of the freezer this morning :(

Surely it'll be without the sausages rather than the casserole? My mum used to call that sorta thing Sausage Surprise...the surprise being no snorkers.

I'm having a mushroom heavy stirfry with brown rice, marinated tofu and teriyaki sauce with enough hopeully left over for lunch tomorrow.

Can't decide between more leek and potato soup (but might be overkill as I had it last night and for lunch today), (but it's easy), and thai red king prawn curry, using this fantastic thai curry paste I got online, plus courgettes.

pootle said:
Surely it'll be without the sausages rather than the casserole? My mum used to call that sorta thing Sausage Surprise...the surprise being no snorkers.
oops yes - that's what I meant:oops:

Home-made low-fat smoked haddock chowder. It's my favourite soup EVER and I'm only allowed to make it when my other half is out because it smells. It smells of YUM.

I changed my mind about fish tonight and decided to go for vegetable couscous from a recipe I found in an old marie claire ccok book.
Lets hope it tastes as good as it looks the photo then :)

missfran said:
SZC - you can make yours with lots of cream and butter for your regime :D

I could yes :D Although I'm looking more towards calorie dense foods such as nuts/avocadoes/full fat milk and banana shakes etc...rather than foods high in saturated fat (that would be most non-sensible of me ;) )

I think I will substitute the skimmed milk for some cream though :) Spot on with the Marigold bouillon, tis the best :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom