Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
baked salmon parcels with lemon, roasted veg and asparagus.
for pudding we can keep up the fanciness with banana splits :D

LD Rudeboy said:
I'm just about to cook a Bone in NZ Lamb Leg Roast. .
Just had mine, it was well nice, and as there's just me and the dog there was loads of leftovers, I'll be eating lamb sarnies for a week:D

I had a jacket potato with cheese and onion and a splash of salad cream. It was well nice, but I still feel lazy for eating what was essentially a microwave mel, rather than cooking a gormet dish that took hours to make or half a million ingredients like everyone else.

I forgot to take mine out, we were supposed to be having bangers n mash

now I'm not quite sure what we're doing :D

I spent ages making a mushroom, olive, caper and tomato pizza, stupidly did a really thick dough instead of my usual waffer-fin masterpiece, and ended up eating all of the topping and just the outer crust, discarding the sticky, stomach-knotting gloop within.

sojourner said:
I'm delighted to say that I could be bothered, so it is now simmering and smelling delicious :)

How's that beef stew MsShirl?
That beef stew has just gone into the oven. I expct it to be ready to eat after Eastenders. I'm going to put potatoes in to bake in about 50 minutes :)

I've got a fish eater coming for tea tomorrow. What can I make that won't cost the earth (I've already spent this months salary) and is easy?

MsShirlLaverne said:
That beef stew has just gone into the oven. I expct it to be ready to eat after Eastenders. I'm going to put potatoes in to bake in about 50 minutes :)
:cool:

*MsShirl in proper cooking shocker* ;)

MsShirlLaverne said:
Check my edit :rolleyes: :p
Do you have access to a fish shop? Go for sea bass, gutted and prepared so it's like a pocket. Fill with fresh dill, chopped garlic and a few lemon slices. Bit of olive oil on em, wrap in foil securely, and bake in oven for 20 mins on gas mark 5. Boil small spuds, drain and dress in olive oil and balsamic and bit of chopped dill. Do some veg if you like or a salad (same dressing).

Or do a king prawn curry, using a bag of frozen king prawns (you can fry them from frozen). Fry gently in garlic, with onions, chuck in jar of curry sauce.

Or buy some fresh sardines, salt and pepper em, bang em under a fairly hot grill for about 3 mins each side.

Enough m'lady? ;) :)

sojourner said:
Do you have access to a fish shop? Go for sea bass, gutted and prepared so it's like a pocket. Fill with fresh dill, chopped garlic and a few lemon slices. Bit of olive oil on em, wrap in foil securely, and bake in oven for 20 mins on gas mark 5. Boil small spuds, drain and dress in olive oil and balsamic and bit of chopped dill. Do some veg if you like or a salad (same dressing).

Or do a king prawn curry, using a bag of frozen king prawns (you can fry them from frozen). Fry gently in garlic, with onions, chuck in jar of curry sauce.

Or buy some fresh sardines, salt and pepper em, bang em under a fairly hot grill for about 3 mins each side.

Enough m'lady? ;) :)

No fresh fish here on a Tuesday. Only the co-op.

and I said EASY :mad:
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom